It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On, "If You don't like Satan": Poll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Simple Question, sorry to post so many replies oi the the thread, butwhat I ask cuts to the very core of Christianity and I am looking for all to answer: Can you forgive Satan?

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
well if God wont forgive him wouldn't it be an insult to God to do it? "I know you don't forgive satan, but I do. Now lemme into heaven after you close that pit over there"....i just don't think that would fly. Also, I have to admit that I don't have a firm grasp on exactly what he's doing (satan). I haven't met anyone who has. Plus, it's difficult to forgive someone who screws over someone less intelligent or whatever. Causing us to sin? ya. but sin is just a word. is sin guilt? k well to get back on topic i'd side with God.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
can I forgive Satan - No

God says the one unforgivable sin is the blasphemy of him, Satan lives a life of blasphemy.

If God will not forgive him, its not up to me to.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Surely you can make up your own mind and forgive instead of waiting for God to forgive him you dont need other beings controlling you all the time

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Um No...

If God will not forgive him I side with God...

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth
can I forgive Satan - No

God says the one unforgivable sin is the blasphemy of him, Satan lives a life of blasphemy.

God told you this did he...

I hate religion, it ruins lives and kills people! I think if you follow a religion you have to be quite narrow minded!

There are people who have reasons to believe like people in prison and people dying who are scared!

I would forgive satan if i believed in religion!

Fair play to you if you want to believe i have nothing against people believing!

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

can I forgive Satan - No

In my NIV version it says quite literally that those who curse the holy spirit wont be forgiven. It even says you can curse God and you'll be forgiven.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Poet Of Deception

can I forgive Satan - No

God told you this did he...

I hate religion, it ruins lives and kills people! I think if you follow a religion you have to be quite narrow minded!

There are people who have reasons to believe like people in prison and people dying who are scared!

I would forgive satan if i believed in religion!

Fair play to you if you want to believe i have nothing against people believing!

nothing against them except they're narrow minded.....

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Good question.
Another one for christians might be if they would willingly go to hell to save someone else from going to hell. Oh and that someone was perfect and never broke any of the silly rules in the bible...only thing is he/she didn't know about God or Jesus. Hypothetically speaking of course. Seeing as how in the bible it says what you should want most is God and his kingdom, if you are a good christian you should selfishly choose heaven for yourself.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
imo satan is not looking for forgiveness,I believe if satan really wanted to repent and accept the savior, GOD would forgive him. I believe satan would not choose to be subservient to Christ, therefore will never be forgivin by GOD- and that is what is really important. I personally have thought about this before, and wondered "since he obviously believes in GOD and JESUS...will he go to heaven" but he chose his path knowing the consequences.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by cancerian42
Good question.
Another one for christians might be if they would willingly go to hell to save someone else from going to hell. Oh and that someone was perfect and never broke any of the silly rules in the bible...only thing is he/she didn't know about God or Jesus. Hypothetically speaking of course. Seeing as how in the bible it says what you should want most is God and his kingdom, if you are a good christian you should selfishly choose heaven for yourself.

I would willingly go to hell to save my family or my kids...but it doesnt work like that. it is my job to teach them about GOD, and JESUS(not a specific religion), and let them choose- you cannot go to hell in someones place, so my job as a christian is to make sure my family and friends, and anyone who wants to know, has the knowledge to choose for themselves. it isnt a hard thing to do you just have to believe, and ask for forgiveness. That is why JESUS died for us. unconditional love.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Forgive him?

I say more power to him
!

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
That is an interesting question actually. Looking at a true Christian the answer must be yes, or they have sinned.

Example: Satan approaches me and asks for forgiveness for all he has personally done against me. He is truly asking. Then yes, I will forgive him. I do not have to forgive anything he has done against God, or others, just myself. If I do not forgive him, then I have sinned myself and now must ask forgiveness. Part of asking for forgiveness is knowing you sinned and that you will NOT repeat it. So now what do I do if I did not forgive Satan, and he asks for forgiveness again? If I say no, then I have lied to God.

Most people do not understand why he was cast from Heaven and just assume he is all evil. Anyone who says they support Satan's efforts, do not understand what Satan truly is.

Satan does not cause us to sin. Free thought allows us to sin. Yes, while Satan does offer choices, he does not force us to make that choice. We are the real sinners here, not Satan. People place false blame against Satan (the devil made me do it) but that is a lie in itself. That person made the choice of their own free will. If they were possessed, then they did not make a decision, and not accountable for that sin.

While your question is interesting, I think it would be very interesting to see how people would answer to: "What has Satan done to sin against you personally?" I doubt many can answer with 100% honestly anything. They will either make something up, or blame a series of incidents on him.

top topics

join