It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can This Help To Save America?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Can the economy surplus of England help support the debt of America? If... Congress asked the Queen to rule over America. Meaning - America would not be a republic, the country of America would be apart of the commonwealth, asin the Queen will be the head of state.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
The UK doesn't have an economic surplus - we are in a recession which will get deeper next year, and our PM has raised national debt to record levels to help bail out the banks and try and provide stimulus.

Also, what makes you think either us or the US would want to be anything other than trading partners?

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by gordonwest

And why after America commited acts of terrorism to declare independance in 1776 from Britian should we be interesting to saving the American economy?

With some self control and belt tightening, and reducing the amounts of imports and buying locally, you can start to save your own economy rather than come begging.

And budski rasied a great point. We have troubles of our own and need to support own economy.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Thanks to budski and to freedom for replying.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
What makes you think anyone in the U.S. would even be remotely interested in anything of the sort? Not a very realistic scenario.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

The real question is: why did FDR listen to Churchill when he came begging?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Im from the uk and cant even stand the queen or monarchy,i very much doubt Americans would,very unrealistic for reason other than that aswell

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I don't really care about America anymore.

It's like... singing the same old song for two hundred and some years.... and it's just a retooled version of a song sang for thousands of years before that. How about we do something REALLY exciting and just let it all go kerplunk!?!?

Is soccermomming and suburbs and traffic and 8 to 12 hour days of meaningless dribble scrambling for zeros and ones and pieces of greenish paper THAT gratifying? Or buying the next season's slightly more convenient thingy or eating yet another cheeseburger, or buying yet another shoe or clothing item? Freedom is kind of boring if you have to buy it with pieces of paper and keep updating the way it looks all the time. I wanna be free to not get too up in a tizzy about a name or a logo or some human making loud and important sounding noises with his sound hole...

I wanna be free to see another person and like them for being simply a person and not a thisican or a thatican.

I just don't care for this silly labeling of pieces of land with people on it anymore.

I wanna fly into space....really far into space. I don't want to be american. I want to be universal. I think the only way to save America is to let the people in power continue to put us in smaller and smaller boxes. Thank you, but no thank you.

Your friend,
a person

top topics

join