It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blind Man Sees with Third Eye.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Blind Man Sees with Third Eye.

www.npr.org

The case involves a middle-aged male physician living in Switzerland, who is known only by the initials "TN." A few years ago, TN had two strokes, one on either side of his brain. The strokes severely damaged the part of the brain primarily responsible for vision, known as the occipital cortex
(visit the link for the full news article)
Here is a bunch of science talk that seems like greek to me, concerning this subject but Not having to do with this specific experiment but studies in Cybernetics.
Experience with moving visual stimuli drives the early development of cortical direction selectivity
Ye Li1,4, Stephen D. Van Hooser1,4, Mark Mazurek1, Leonard E. White1,2 & David Fitzpatrick1,3

Department of Neurobiology, Duke University School of Medicine,
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Doctor of Physical Therapy Division, Duke University School of Medicine,
Duke Institute for Brain Sciences, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA.
These authors contributed equally to this work.
Correspondence to: David Fitzpatrick1,3 Correspondence and requests for materials should be addressed to D.F. (Email: [email protected]).

Top of pageThe onset of vision occurs when neural circuits in the visual cortex are immature, lacking both the full complement of connections1, 2 and the response selectivity that defines functional maturity3, 4. Direction-selective responses are particularly vulnerable to the effects of early visual deprivation, but it remains unclear how stimulus-driven neural activity guides the emergence of cortical direction selectivity. Here we report observations from a motion training protocol that allowed us to monitor the impact of experience on the development of direction-selective responses in visually naive ferrets. Using intrinsic signal imaging techniques, we found that training with a single axis of motion induced the rapid emergence of direction columns that were confined to cortical regions preferentially activated by the training stimulus. Using two-photon calcium imaging techniques, we found that single neurons in visually naive animals exhibited weak directional biases and lacked the strong local coherence in the spatial organization of direction preference that was evident in mature animals. Training with a moving stimulus, but not with a flashed stimulus, strengthened the direction-selective responses of individual neurons and preferentially reversed the direction biases of neurons that deviated from their neighbours. Both effects contributed to an increase in local coherence. We conclude that early experience with moving visual stimuli drives the rapid emergence of direction-selective responses in the visual cortex

[edit on 24-12-2008 by Bruiex]

[edit on 24-12-2008 by Bruiex]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
This is from National Public Radio as of this morning.It is amazing and gives scientifric evidence of the ability to Remote View.This is my first attempt at creating a thread.I haven't got everything down
This is amazing study.
Similiar to the cases of braindamage that cause people (mainly women) to speak in a accent they have never had, or the extraordinary ability of children after head injuries to become a savant in music or math.
This is going to be a great leap forward in the science of cybernetics, that is for sure.If I find anymore links, I'll supply.
This is fresh news off the NPR's webpage.

www.npr.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Bruiex

I saw one of these women with the foreign accents speaking on TV. They said that she developed a French accent but I thought not. Although her speech was perculiar and accent like, it was more of a selective consonent disability suggesting a lack of some kind of coordination.

Now if a stroke would produce a new language the person did not speak before, that would be something.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Ehm, no. It says unconscious eye, not third eye. It is explained like the proces that makes the objects consciously visible is broken but the part that incorporates it for object avoidance does work. Still very bizarre though but it's not like he can see into another room and say what is there, that is more third eye business, he still is less able than before without any psychic powers in itself. Like your pc, if the monitor breaks down the input inside of the pc still get's processed, it's just not visible.

[edit on 24-12-2008 by Harman]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I heard this on the radio also and its not remote viewing. The key point is here the eyes still work, his brain is damaged. What was needed here is more testing. The researchers should have put a blind fold on him and have him walk the same hallway. That would have proven there point. And proven against any sort of remote viewing.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

You make a Great Point!

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Yes, you are right I thought about that too.More research needs to be done for sure.
I personally do not know enough about remote viewing to say.I have practiced Astral travel in meditation that might be asome sort of version of it.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
This isn't what occultism refers to by the term "third eye." It's more what the original article says, a "subconscious eye." -I wonder if this shows that the overall cognitive visual experience is a composite of incoming visual images plus further cerebral cognitive processing, and whether this patient lacks the cognitive part only, while retaining the incoming images which are what trigger the avoidance reactions he still has as a conditioned reflexive "subconscious" reaction.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelanteski

Im not really sure if "subconsciousness" eye would be a completely correct term. His eyes still work, but the article says it is a more primitive part of his brain that is processing the images. Something like the way a predator has to survive.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
now I would call it "seeing" if he could describe said obstacles.

Interesting none the less

top topics

join