It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Digital TV and Subliminal Carrier Technology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Whilst looking into this thread about adverse effects of sound frequency on the human body...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
...came across this intruiging little factoid:

S.S.S. (Subliminal Carrier Technology)

This mind-altering covert weapon is based on something called subliminal carrier technology, or the Silent Sound Spread Spectrum (SSSS) (also nicknamed S-Quad or "Squad" in military jargon). It was developed for military use by Dr. Oliver Lowery of Norcross, Georgia, and is described in US Patent #5,159,703 - "Silent Subliminal Presentation System" for commercial use in 1992. The patent abstract reads:

"A silent communications system in which nonaural carriers, in the very low (ELF) or very high audio-frequency (VHF) range or in the adjacent ultrasonic frequency spectrum, are amplitude- or frequency-modulated with the desired intelligence and propagated acoustically or vibrationally, for inducement into the brain, typically through the use of loudspeakers, earphones, or piezoelectric transducers. The modulated carriers may be transmitted directly in real time or may be conveniently recorded and stored on mechanical, magnetic, or optical media for delayed or repeated transmission to the listener."

In layman's terms, this device, this "Sound of Silence"simply allows for the unwarranted implantation of specific thoughts, emotions, and even prescribed physical actions into unsuspecting human beings. In short, it has the very real ability to turn human beings into mere puppets in the hands of certain "controllers," or puppet-masters.

www.rense.com...

And then this intruiging question:

But why is the government so anxious to help American citizens experience a clearer and more highly defined television picture? Does that make sense to you? Since when is the government so concerned about the visual quality of our televised entertainment that Congress would pass an undebated statutory proclamation which mandated that the HD conversion take place on Feb. 17, 2009 and then subsidze about 90% of the associated cost?

I always wondered why the powers that be were so concerned about me getting better picture quality on my idiot box.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I read up on S quad a while ago and this was exactly what I was thinking what it was all about. As soon as I heard it was a law to change the frequencies I knew something was up.

I believe that meditation and strengthening of the mind can combat against the weaponry but for how long?

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
It really isnt the government who is interested in giving you better pictures. Its the NAB and SBE and all of the television broadcasters who have been interested in improving the system since television became a reality.

The government's involvement does not go byond the level of the FCC, which is the regulating agency for all radio communications in the US.

The mp3's and videos and i-gadget stuff would have a better chance in putting subliminal messages into your head than HDTV, and those mediums are used far more than watching tv.

All those game console games, like guitar hero, warcraft, and those mystic world games, the consoles xbox, ps2,3 nintendo wii, those are a perfect medium to deliver this worry about mind control and subliminal messaging.

Those things are used far more often than watching tv.

Also, your favorite websites that use flash advertising, videos, oh lets not forget YOUTUBE as well!! Thats right, even YOUTUBE and Google video and Videoh and all those other mediums that are used far more than plain ol HDTV, stand a better chance and probably already are, to be used as "carriers of creed" for mind control and subliminal messaging.

It doesnt take a digital medium either to do mind control or subliminal messaging.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 24-12-2008 by RFBurns]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
LOL!! The government subsidize 90 percent of the cost? Heh thats a major laugh and a half!!

Just call up your nearest TV station and ask them if government helped them pay for the new digital equipment they installed.

You all are worried over absolutely nothing and causing your own mind control and subliminal messaging to yourselves!!!

And after spending 25 years in the television broadcast engineering industry, and currently operate a broadcast engineer consulting firm and have partaken in 12 television refits for digital broadcasting, I know for a fact that all of this jibberish over Feb 17 is rediculous.

Digital HDTV broadcasting has been around since 2001 when cable companies and satellite services began transmitting digital HDTV on their systems. And alot of terrestrial over the air stations also began transmitting digital signals as early as 2003 along side with the analog channel.

This transition only applies to the over the air signal and it only means that the analog signal will go off air for good. And since its just as easy to send a mind control signal or subliminal message across analog as it is digital, this huge worry over nothing is definately a "cry wolf" case.

Calm down and dont worry. You can always use the "off" button.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I dont think its the hdtv thats going to do us in. Those analog channels are going to be what they are going to use. Digital Tv at the end of the day is still circuses. VHF and UFH will be used for a variety of other things. Thats just my conclusion and opinion though. Not really worried about it, just aware of the deepening trench that is devastating our right to attain wealth for ourselves. All of this is to further the agenda of the plutocracy.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

also seems like you know a lot about television and broadcasting. find all that you can about s-quad silent sound technology and frequencies which can have an effect on the brain, while remembering that the brain is a receiver/transmitter of electromagnetic energy.

It vibrates at different frequencies depending on your emotional/physical/mental state.

It goes from Delta to Gamma delta being the lowest at deep sleep and gamma being the highest.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
The frequencies that will be used for digital tv transmission over the air are the VHF high band (Ch 7 thru 13) and UHF (ch 14-69). The low band VHF will be allocated to telecom use, which that part of the spectrum has already been auctioned off.

In order for sub-carriers to work, the receiver must be able to receive them, ie..must have the circutry to be able to tune to those subcarriers.

The digital tv standards that comprise the system being used only has so much it can carry, as well as the receivers being built to only decode what the standards are.

For example, lets say xyz covert co. wants to transmit some extra sub signal over Fox network. Well first they have to find an empty slot or data chunk that can squeeze into the data stream, and insert that without altering the decoding at the individual tv stations re-transmitting the network on their channels, plus not mess up people's digital tv decoding circutry at the same time. Plus they would have to rely on manufacturers of tv receivers putting in the extra capacity to decode the extra data chunks (bits). Since the adopted standard for digital tv transmission cant be changed this late in the game, xyz covert co. is SOL simply because there is no way to add any extra sub channels to an already filled allotment of bandwidth usage and the limit built into each receiver.

What could be done is lets say Fox there isnt transmitting 5.1 surround during a news program or other program. At that point, since receivers can decode 5.1, and they are only using 2 or 1 audio channels at that time, the remaining 4 could be used for something else.

For the video, putting in 1 frame per every 30 or 60 is one way to do subliminal messaging. 1 frame passing every 30 frames per second is like seeing something in the wink of an eye. You probably wont see it but your mind will.

Now this kind of stuff can also be done through the analog world. But if there is any xyz covert co. out there wanting to do this, they have already been doing it and the digital switch over come Feb 17th is irrelavent because it is already happening.

But since these kinds of things can be measured, analog or digital, and it only takes a simply oscilliscope to measure it, xyz covert co. would still have a very difficult time masknig their dirty deed from the ones out in the general public with the ability to detect it and record it and then bring it to the public's notice.

I really do not think that there is anything to worry about, particularly the Feb 17th switch over date. All it really amounts to is that on that day, the old analog broadcast signals for television will simply be turned off for good.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by iiinvision

The thing to remember also is that the audio frequency response of sound amplifiers and speakers have a limit, some of those frequency ranges your refering to are outside of the frequency ranges of the typical audio amplifier and decoding circuits in consumer electronics.

But....that doesnt mean that harmonics couldnt be used. But if they were, they would have to be extremely weak so that it wouldnt interfere with the normal program audio.

Keeping audio frequencies form "hetrodyning" or singing with a buzz sound is difficult even in real time in both analog and digital.

Im not saying that none of it is not possible to be done, Im just saying that the Feb 17th switchover date is not any significance to such covert activity happening in the first place, nor is it some start date of when it would happen.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Here is a hint: if you watch tv, you are being manipulated. Regardless of what you watch, television is designed to elicit an emotional response. The goals of television are to shape public opinion and genereate $$$$.

I would disagree with Burns on the point that the government's role in broadcasting ends with the FCC. It's just that it is much more subtle than having some spook in the control booth (although I'm sure that's the case in some markets).

Take for example: the construction of an ethanol plant in a small community. Legislation has cleared the way for the plant. Local business owners who fund the construction are also major advertisers. Therefore, there is no coverage on the negative impacts that regular people (who also happen to be the viewing population) may face.

just one dude's opinion

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

SINCE OUR BRAIN PERCEIVES EVERETHING ON A DIGITAL FORMAT, I WONDER IF IS POSSIBLE FILLED THE BRAIN WITH USELESS INFORMATION TO PREVENT US FROM QUESTIONING ANYTHING OR JUST TO KEEP US FROM FUNCTIONING. LIKE A HARD DRIVE ON A COMPUTER AND A VIRUS.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I work in TV... I have checked signal strengths and even the data that is being pushed out by the new digital transmitters.

If there is something hidden, it is hidden well.. for I have come across nothing.

Believe me I have looked.

But, the advantage of using digital streams is the capacity to include more data. Just saying there is no "added data" at the moment, does not mean none can be added later.

If something was to pop up... you all would be the first to know.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Here is some further information I posted in a related thread:

Digital TV: Mind Control by the Sound of Silence

Some follow-up information:

US Patent 6506148 - Nervous system manipulation by electromagnetic fields from monitors

www.patentstorm.us...

Physiological effects have been observed in a human subject in response to stimulation of the skin with weak electromagnetic fields that are pulsed with certain frequencies near 1/2 Hz or 2.4 Hz, such as to excite a sensory resonance. Many computer monitors and TV tubes, when displaying pulsed images, emit pulsed electromagnetic fields of sufficient amplitudes to cause such excitation. It is therefore possible to manipulate the nervous system of a subject by pulsing images displayed on a nearby computer monitor or TV set.

It has been found that, indeed, physiological effects can be induced in this manner by very weak electric fields, if they are pulsed with a frequency near 1/2 Hz. The observed effects include ptosis of the eyelids, relaxation, drowziness, the feeling of pressure at a centered spot on the lower edge of the brow, seeing moving patterns of dark purple and greenish yellow with the eyes closed, a tonic smile, a tense feeling in the stomach, sudden loose stool, and sexual excitement, depending on the precise frequency used, and the skin area to which the field is applied. The sharp frequency dependence suggests involvement of a resonance mechanism.

Computer monitors and TV monitors can be made to emit weak low-frequency electromagnetic fields merely by pulsing the intensity of displayed images. Experiments have shown that the 1/2 Hz sensory resonance can be excited in this manner in a subject near the monitor. The 2.4 Hz sensory resonance can also be excited in this fashion. Hence, a TV monitor or computer monitor can be used to manipulate the nervous system of nearby people.

At more than 11 feet, this is a rather large distance for viewing a 30" TV. Yet, the experiment and theory discussed show that the 1/2 Hz sensory resonance can be excited at this large distance, by pulsing the image intensity subliminally. Of course, the excitation occurs as well for a range of smaller viewing distances. It is thus apparent that the human nervous system can be manipulated by screen emissions from subliminal TV image pulses.

...This is unfortunate since it opens a way for mischievous application of the invention, whereby people are exposed unknowingly to manipulation of their nervous systems for someone else's purposes. Such application would be unethical and is of course not advocated. It is mentioned here in order to alert the public to the possibility of covert abuse that may occur while being online, or while watching TV, a video, or a DVD.

Combine this with the secure signal pathway allowed by HDMI, and the precise luminance and timing encoding allowed by a digitally-represented signal, and you have a undetectable method of delivering mind-altering effects interleaved with [the combination of newer televisions and] DTV programming.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
It doesnt take a digital medium either to do mind control or subliminal messaging.
[edit on 24-12-2008 by RFBurns]

Yes it does!
Subliminal messaging can't be done on conventional 'Analog' TV as it just comes out as additional noise. Although that noise has 'some' effect, it is only 13% efficient in delivering the original message.

Hence the push all round the world to introduce Digital TV!!!!

Digital signals can be modulated/compressed etc. with no increase in signal to noise ratio and therefore are 'undetectable' (At least to the average person)
Ask and you will receive

Cheers

[edit on 15/1/10 by starwarp2000]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies- very interesting reading.

Along with this invention now in the public domain (US patent number 5,159,703)..

Subliminal Carrier Technology

US Patent Number 5,159,703
"Silent Subliminal Presentation System"

"A silent communications system in which nonaural carriers, in the very low (ELF) or very high audio-frequency (VHF) range or in the adjacent ultrasonic frequency spectrum, are amplitude- or frequency-modulated with the desired intelligence and propagated acoustically or vibrationally, for inducement into the brain, typically through the use of loudspeakers, earphones, or piezoelectric transducers. The modulated carriers may be transmitted directly in real time or may be conveniently recorded and stored on mechanical, magnetic, or optical media for delayed or repeated transmission to the listener."

www.wariscrime.com...

..theres also this one which sounds pretty ominous (US patent number 6,506,148):

Subliminal Televisual Behavior Modification

"It is therefore possible to manipulate the nervous system of a subject by pulsing images displayed on a nearby computer monitor or TV set. For the latter, the image pulsing may be imbedded in the program material, or it may be overlaid by modulating a video stream, either as an RF signal or as a video signal."

US Patent and Trade Office, Patent #6,506,148, 2/14/03

www.wanttoknow.info...

The last patent was registered seven years ago so god knows what they have been developing in the meantime.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Hi Karl 12,
Found another interesting link on the subject.
Check it out.

Truth About Digital TV

top topics

join