2012, what happens if nothing happens?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
If it doesnt happen....which will be the case, then I will list every single thread link to a 2012 prophecy (on ATS) on my bad prophecy thread, and issue an I told you so.

If it does occur, (which it wont), I will issue a humble apology

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 31/12/2008 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I can most definetly 100% say something will happen in 2012.

As for vague,badly researched nibiru passing by earth(again),vibrating into dimensions with super powers
Jesus flying down from the clouds in a cape handing out gum drops to the christians and cyanide to non-believers,no that wont happen either.But given the current geo-political landscape, financial crisis(maybe a deep deep depression) something big could happen in 2012.Or perhaps before and the world will be drastically different in 2012.As for the prophecies,no..that wont happen.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Is it true that the UN has sponsered the bew 2012 movie coming out?

Because if they have that definitly throws a spanner in the works as to why
they would sponser a movie.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

Ok heres what i dont get. We all now know about anti gravity, mentioned in sci fi and documentary. and seekers into the technology generally find themselves in awe of the possibilites.

why cant humanity focus a public initiative to create a fleet of gravitic ships to save it from some forseen problem, perhaps like total extinction.

its only humane to allow technology to flow with necessity. what we see with our current system is a self centered control system that only minimizes reality, when in a self aware, self controlled world humanity could enjoy that which has not yet but in sci fi realised.

My personal views of 2012 are more of a combined natural disasters coupled with already in prgress human wars and stupidity.

Making a very near armegeddon scenario for those who follow the "end of days" doctrines.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
For me?

Great era of misunderstanding is over. And I am pleased to been so wrong...

I will live in small house, in small place somewhere countryside in quiet and without net, and I start to write simple tales to childrens.

Janus, that sounds like the perfect "ending" for the 2012 story. I hope that you are right and I hope to do something similar.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Mass suicide because there will be a lot of heavily depressed people that gave away all their personal belongings and money to some crack pot cult leader saying the world is going to end. Just my guess, I am just going to sit back and ride the ride and see where it goes.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
If nothing happens, what will happen is the same as what has happened on every single other end of the world date that has already passed.

Nothing.

We'll all say "Oh. Okay, then." and move on. Probably pick another date sometime soon. People will assume there was a typing mistake or something and the Mayans REALLY means 2014. Or 2022. Or 3012. Whatever.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Yeah. What if nothing happens.

Damn.

I'm hopeing for the end of the world or atleast a massive change, because I can't stand this %^$% hole anymore.

One word.

Diversity.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
same thing

as with the 2000 virus

loss of money and time!!!

oh and a lot of panic meanwhile.......

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by hightower

Some good pondering going on, here is one of my thoughts in response.

In the quest for enlightenment a man/woman should be prepared to give up everything.

One of those things should be their reputation.

Bruce - Webmaster 2012rising.com

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Hey Prevenge,

Thank the stars someone else with deeper 2012 understanding is here on this board to raise the flag of truth.

Whilst the 2012 Doomsday Prophecy meme has flowed around the net and other media actual factss have been ignored. People mutter about 2012 catastrophe simply because they, 'heard it somewhere on-line'.

If pressed they may refer to some Maya calendar or bible code. Pressed more they will suggest you go Google it or something, lol.

Thus it became self-persistent as one person and then another wrote about the crap they found on Google another quotes it and so on.

A handful take the time, the years required, to actually dig deeper and gain a genuine understanding of what likely events. The process is much the same with comprehending Illuminati conspiracy or indeed fathoming spiritual matters. Indeed it is the process for all scientific investigation of phenomena. 2012 is not just some website ranting about a Doomsday on 21-12-2012, it is not that at all.

As I too stand accused by this subject matter for having a 2012 web-site and upcoming book, I shall take the time to defend the subject of 2012 TRUTH.

Lets start then with the facts.

The Maya calendar has no facility to give prophecy in the sense referred to generally on-line. As it spins through the day signs and numbers it does not emit predictions for disasters and eerie noises to scare the kids. It is a calendar not a new book by Nostradamus.

The Maya elders have become more and more vocal about the fact there is no doomsday prophecy in their system. Some Maya suggest it likely we will see big earth changes over the next few years however. That is a different thing entirely to a doomsday. Most of the informed 2012 researchers also try to clarify this point however their voices get drowned out. The chatter about some exciting one day bonanza of drink, sex and drugs whilst the world burns is just to load.

Kids and adults peruse bomb shelter websites to research whether tinned food is better than dehydrated army rations. All for the survival shelter they plan to build at the bottom of their garden. They Google things like '2012 doomsday' and keep feeding the fear with the predictable results of that search.

For those of us who have been drawn into 2012 research via years of other esoteric, conspiracy and mystery research a very different picture is becoming clear. Why is it that as a 2012 researcher and writer I am not there with spade in hand or ordering that new hunting rifle?

The process surrounding the events marked by the Maya and other wise peoples of the Earth has been happening for several years. It will continue for several years more. The intensity will increase as we head into 2013. There is no reason why 21-12-2012 will differ from say a few days before or after that date. It may, but only in the sense that it may on any day.

People may then of course shout and jeer at me, calling me a big fat liar, because I made money scaring people when in the end nothing happened!

lol

What I will calmly say is Google my work and find the article I wrote that said there would be a doomsday on 21-12-2012.

Show it to me and I will lick your shoes whilst eating my hat, whatever the baying crowd desires. Check my bank account.

The fact is that sensible voices such as; Geoff Stray, John Major Jenkins, Disinfo.com, Daniel Pinchbeck and several others all suggest deeper thought. They realise that any event meant to happen 'around this time' is participatory and will require our strong attention and deliberate birthing.
There will be aspects that are to some degree inevitable or predestined in much the same way that Earth is predestined to rotate each day.

Many of us do see evidence for a possible period of traumatic events during the time we now live in and continuing a few years. We do see an increase in the intensity of this.

[edit on 10/1/2009 by BruceF]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Flowers

What makes you think that we do not have some incredible technologically advanced craft already. Many people on these boards would suggest that is the case.

More importantly what makes you think the type of people with the resources to build space arks would take any member of a board like this?

Somehow I would not be expecting an invite from my overseers to come join them on the super expensive space vehicles to sail away from all the problems that they largely made for everybody in the first place.

It was their wealthy ancestors who laughed in the near empty life boats of the Titanic whilst the folks like us went down with the ship.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BruceF

Well said, couldn't of said it better myself.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by hightower
I think that IF nothing happens it will really hurt quite aa few of you guys on here.

You're right there. Nothing will happen, except a painful learning period for some.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
In Maya cosmology, their Time & their calendar began in 3114BCE,
(the beginnings of 'civilization' in Eur-Asia began ~7,000BCE,
with peoples like the Sumerians & Akkadians et al.)

as i see it, the Maya Calendar is only a subset of human history,
Proof exists there was approximately +4,000 years of recorded human history before the Maya Calendar creation.
~furthermore, it is thought the Maya Calendar was originated
sometime between 300bce-500ce when it became a guideline for
daily living for the Maya population until their demise...
~

with this information to consider...
it is not reasonable to think that all humankind's destiny is contained
in the 5,126 years of the Maya Calendar...

we have already dismissed the backcounting of the biblical geneologies
to arrive at a 4008bc creation of the world date.
Ergo, a Biblical account that mankind has been given 6,000 years to
rule Earth had concluded in 1992... making that timeline a moot point, too!

my final decision is that the world will continue beyond the 2012 end-date
for at least as long as there was history before the Maya beginning
date in 3114bce.... so add another 4-12k years after 2012,
because the 2012 End is a bogus as the 6,000 year old Creation,

but neither are worthless exercises, as these memes give us something to
wrap our minds around

thanks,

relevent:
home.hiwaay.net...
[strikethrough]www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/refs/174/4008/468 [/strikethrough]

[edit on 12-1-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I see an investment opportunity in the event 2012 does not bring mass doom or destruction to satisfy the 2012 doomsday believers pallet. PROZAK! Make some money off of it!

[edited for horrible grammar]

[edit on 1/12/2009 by Amaxium]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BruceF
A handful take the time, the years required, to actually dig deeper and gain a genuine understanding of what likely events. The process is much the same with comprehending Illuminati conspiracy or indeed fathoming spiritual matters. Indeed it is the process for all scientific investigation of phenomena. 2012 is not just some website ranting about a Doomsday on 21-12-2012, it is not that at all.

So what do you think is really going to happen on, after, and around that date -- i.e. what is your non-doomsday scenario? Or would it take "years" just to summarize the results of this research?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mike3

I will answer this precisely, if nothing happens in the year 2012. Answer: Life continues. If something does happen. Answer: Depends upon which scenario happens.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
If nothing happens, then at least we kept busy and entertained for 5 years
If something does, we won't be here to talk about it and rub it in all the naysayers faces and say I told you so. And guess what: I guarantee that a new doomsday date will appear

*And the Mayan Calendar doesn't end on that date contrary to popular belief: It just begins a new cycle of the calendar

EDIT: And you might just be able to make a buck off of it. Investors will be in a very depressed mood on that day I would guess. Cheap stocks, pick up as many as you can and a month after everyone realizes we might not die instantaneously (
) stocks will go back up

[edit on 13-1-2009 by Portugoal]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Here is how it will play out.
If nothing happens then all you will be able to hear is people saying" See, I told you it was all bull crap"

If "something" does happen then all you will be able to hear is people saying "How was we to know? We had no warning. There were no signs"

It will play out like it always have and always will.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join