Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

2012, what happens if nothing happens?

page: 1
1
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I've been thinking a lot hangs in the balance on this.
Now bear in mind that i'm not an expert on the events to come in 2012 but i wanted to know your thoughts.

There are many threads relating to 2012 on here declaring what will happen or what might happen, some bizzare some with lots of evidence.
I want to know what if nothing happens? How will this change your mind on conspiracies and aliens? I think that IF nothing happens it will really hurt quite aa few of you guys on here. It will say that the Mayan calendar is nothing more than a calendar that ends on this date.

I want to know your thoughts because i believe that it will have a major impact on this site a quite a few reputations that are being built on this.




posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
nothing will happen, they will just postpone it to another date.

2020



posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
All focus will be changed to the destruction of earth by a asteroid, when, 2004 MN4 asteroid will fly past us in 2029 while travelling towards the sun and almost hit us in 2035 when it is on its return path.

www.space.com...

www.space.com...

science.nasa.gov...

The chances of hitting are low, if it does, we are all gone, so,enjoy until 2029 and 2035.




posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by hightower
I've been thinking a lot hangs in the balance on this.
Now bear in mind that i'm not an expert on the events to come in 2012 but i wanted to know your thoughts.

There are many threads relating to 2012 on here declaring what will happen or what might happen, some bizzare some with lots of evidence.
I want to know what if nothing happens? How will this change your mind on conspiracies and aliens? I think that IF nothing happens it will really hurt quite aa few of you guys on here. It will say that the Mayan calendar is nothing more than a calendar that ends on this date.

I want to know your thoughts because i believe that it will have a major impact on this site a quite a few reputations that are being built on this.


you might want to re-phrase your title and thread..

because technically speaking.. if you want the answer to your question.. then you're going to have to be more accurate in asking it.

the whole "2012" stems from the Mayan calendar which reads that a new world begins at the date of "december 21 2012"... so man. that's 10 days away from 2013.

some say that the effects of 2012 aren't supposed to be some immediate flash bang done its over kind of thing.. but more of a ramping up into 2013.

in any case .. talking about the "2012" thing is kind of retarded as there's only TEN days of 2012 that these effects would take place during.. and mostly would be observable in 2013.. DURING that time.. etc..

so i know how kiddies like to be like...
" so when new years of twenty twelve happens. .what happens the next mornin when its twenty twelllllve and nothin haaapeneed haaahaaa??"

ahem...

it has nothing to do with new years 2011/2012.

get yer facts right before you ask questions...

that is. IF you want the right answers.


-



posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreab_boy
nothing will happen, they will just postpone it to another date.

2020


is that when Barbwa Wawaws metamorphosizes into the demon Lillith live on air and romp through the city eating people from Bwookwin and the Bwonks?

-



posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
you might want to re-phrase your title and thread..

because technically speaking.. if you want the answer to your question.. then you're going to have to be more accurate in asking it.

the whole "2012" stems from the Mayan calendar which reads that a new world begins at the date of "december 21 2012"... so man. that's 10 days away from 2013.

some say that the effects of 2012 aren't supposed to be some immediate flash bang done its over kind of thing.. but more of a ramping up into 2013.

in any case .. talking about the "2012" thing is kind of retarded as there's only TEN days of 2012 that these effects would take place during.. and mostly would be observable in 2013.. DURING that time.. etc..

so i know how kiddies like to be like...
" so when new years of twenty twelve happens. .what happens the next mornin when its twenty twelllllve and nothin haaapeneed haaahaaa??"

ahem...

it has nothing to do with new years 2011/2012.

get yer facts right before you ask questions...

that is. IF you want the right answers.


-



If you re-read my post i stated i'm no expert in this field.
I am asking a ligitimate question with a reasonable title.
I find you response an insult and quite frankly it seems you have a problem.



posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
They'll do the same as they've done each time, pick a new even and a new date.



posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge
 


dude I think you missed the point of the post. It's more what's gonna happen to the people who've banked their sanity on this and it turns out to be false. Either you missed the point completely or you're so smart that you answered the wrong question on purpose.



posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Dear friend, I assume that you are asking him, what the persons, who spread the 2012 word will do if this does happen?

If that is the question, then, the answer is an apology statement, just like how, Blossom Goodchild issued a apology video stating that the GFL cheated her and she has no clue why they did so.

And their statement would be, "I am sorry, but I dont know why the mayans wrote the wrong date". And silently escape with the money they earned over the years.



posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
The book tour peddlars and low-rate TV show producers will simply move on to the next self-perpetuated 'end times' scenario. They won't be offering refunds or apologies. The kids that are losing sleep now and talking about it with a joint in their mouths will be 3 years older and wiser.

Nothing unusual will happen. I've already survived several 'end times' calendar dates. People will still be here saying Disclosure is next year. Patriots will be warning us about the NWO and major threads will be devoted to Chandrayaan moon picture anomalies


I'll probably still be reading them too!



posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
For me?

Great era of misunderstanding is over. And I am pleased to been so wrong...

I will live in small house, in small place somewhere countryside in quiet and without net, and I start to write simple tales to childrens.



posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Well I am a great believer in being proactive. I think we should bring about 2012 ourselves. If I had the right audience and the right resources I could demonstrate how to do it. You see I have this gift I can connect to the forth dimension with ease and show others how to also.

What we need is a catalyst which I'm happy to admit I can act as.

It goes something like this bring me the right people at the right time and I can shift reality by the right degree so that departure is immanent.

If only I had access to the kind of funds I need. I could have saved earth a long time ago.

Put it this way I'm not gonna be about to see the 22nd of Dec 2021 even if that means taking drastic measures.

For the record I honestly believe that I know what to do. I can't put it into words though as its about movement. To say I wanna shout about it is an understatement in fact I'm gonna start a thread.



posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
reply to post by prevenge
 


dude I think you missed the point of the post. It's more what's gonna happen to the people who've banked their sanity on this and it turns out to be false. Either you missed the point completely or you're so smart that you answered the wrong question on purpose.



no i hit it spot on AND answered it wrongly on purpose.

you can't determine if it "turns out to be false" if something does or doesn't happen.

it just indicates a massive GRADUAL changeover.. that extends a number of years.. starting around new years 2013.

you can look back at it all say.. in the year 2030 and say .. wow things have changed drastically since 2008.. especially starting around 2013.

whereas you wont see some big bang boom momg look it's 2012 crap! big lights in the sky etc...


so .. get what i'm saying? understand why i'm pushing this?


it's not some whizbang you're right you're wrong one second in time determining process...


-



posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by hightower
 



If you remember before 2000, it was the same. People thought something was going to happen just like like 2012. People where selling their houses, cars, animals. They where stocking up on food big time, (not everyone!).

Something did happen that alot of people never relly bring up! Alot of people made money from it! Just like there are doing with 2012! People are selling books, making movies.

After 2012, bet they will be another years that pops up. Where they all plan to sell there books, go on lecture toures, make movies!

Not everyone thinks something is going to happen on 2012! And there are more people who don't know about this 2012 subject!



posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Reply to PREVENGE
That seems like a very elegant way of having been right all along


It also foreshadows the way all these predicters of 2012 will be able to neatly sidestep responsibility for their words. No accusations of delusions or girlish hysteria for them? Not at all. They will be able to say they were right all along and the 'great change' is just too subtle for anyone to see. Tidy.

I'm trying and failing miserably to think of a 20 year period that hasn't shown great change. I'm also failing to think of even a 10 year period without great change. I guess that covers the 2012 brigade all the way up to 2032. I salute your mendacity


[edit on 24-12-2008 by Kandinsky]



posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Well if nothing happens we can all sit near a camp fire and cook marshmellows.
lol lol lol lol



posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
REPLY TO PREVENGE

??? I don't know I thought that a planet hitting earth wouldn't drag on for years but I guess that's just the most recent thread that I read on it (aka there's a lot of things that are apparently gonna happen) . the whole thing sounds like a load of crap to me anyways. Seeing as how we're not in the future yet, I just found it intruiging how you'd adopt the view (your particular interp. of how it's gonna go down) that most embarrasses the OP, and then call him an idiot for asking questions.

edit:wrote reply to prevenge

[edit on 24-12-2008 by heyo]



posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
REPLY TO PREVENGE

??? I don't know I thought that a planet hitting earth wouldn't drag on for years but I guess that's just the most recent thread that I read on it (aka there's a lot of things that are apparently gonna happen) . the whole thing sounds like a load of crap to me anyways. Seeing as how we're not in the future yet, I just found it intruiging how you'd adopt the view (your particular interp. of how it's gonna go down) that most embarrasses the OP, and then call him an idiot for asking questions.

edit:wrote reply to prevenge

[edit on 24-12-2008 by heyo]



I didn't call anyone an idiot in this thread.
ever.

that's just idiotic of you to say.

because I didn't.




look.


you want to think of the 2012 thing as a juvinile "new years eve" "did it happen did it not happen" kind of thing in the flash of an instant on a specific exact time..

FINE.
you can keep filling threads up about the same thing over and over and over.
I've seen the exact same thing in threads at least 10 times in the past 5 months over and over... "so when the clock strikes twelve on dec 31 2011 what are all you 2012 people gonna say when nothin happens huuh huuuuh???"

go ahead...

keeep talking about all that crap.. then when the clock does strike twelve on midnight dec 31 2012... you'll be all set and you won't have to write any more threads about it anymore and we won't have to watch you flail about in immature assumption anymore.



it's a marker.
deeecemberrrr twenty firrrst 2012... ten days before new years 2013.. where things start to REALLY change... on a level you've never imagined....
gradually ramping up through 2013 into the next couple years...


now.. if you write a thread about if we're in the year 2014 and nothing has changed ... like our bodies. .our DNA .. kundalini awakening ... people's bodies not being able to handle it.. people going mad...changes in the heavens.. starting around new years 2013.. and ramping up their intensity year by year.. then sure.. lets have a thread about that

a thread about being in 2014.. and nothing major or something major happened and is happening more and more during 2013.

that's relevant to the topic of the idea of the "2012 changes".


not this "if a day passes an nuffin happened then haaay you wrong i rite hahah ehehee hay where ars my dunce cap i mean plastic army cap haay" crap.


this aint no Y2K kiddies.

-

[edit on 24-12-2008 by prevenge]



posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge
 


I don't agree with you but lets stop this bickering...it's why i don't go into religious threads anymore we all just start arguing and i take nothing away from it. I'm sure you feel the same, so i'm gonna wave bye. peace.



posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
How come no one worried about 2012 in 1999?






top topics



 
1
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join