It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you recognize the sign?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
It is an understatement to say that we are living in interesting times. Do you not get the sense that something of epic proportions will soon take place? I mean, even if you are not religious, or believe in the Bible, do you not "feel" something in the air? The signs are all around us!!!!

I've been a member of ATS for only a couple of months, I initially came here for "alternative news". I've enjoyed sharing my thoughts and reading your thoughts on different threads. This will be my last post, as I feel a more urgent need to be more involved with my community in spreading the good news of God's kingdom. But before I go, I want to leave you with an article I really hope you take the time to read since I can't personally knock on your door. Yes, I am one of those "annoying" people that goes around knocking on doors and talking to people that care to listen. I do it because I feel I have an important message and because I love my neighbor. It's your choice to listen or not, it's your choice to read it, or not.

The article: Do You Recognize the Sign

Adios!

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The thing I recognize is all the recent new weapon systems announcements by various nations..as if doing the "pre game show" for that big game "World Football III"...and they wont be using a football field or a football for it.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Yeah, I know that feeling well.

I can recall, in all of the odd jobs that I have worked, long before I found ATS I would be out smoking a cigarette on one of my many breaks.

I noticed that I had this deep feeling like I was waiting for something, so there is always this hidden apprehension inside of me.

It is interesting, and I know that others feel it as well.

There definitely is something in the air.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I've had that feeling of "waiting" for something for a long time, as long as I've suffered from depression.
So, I can't be sure if the feeling is just a by-product of depression, or if the depression is a by-product of knowing something is coming.

If that makes any sense at all.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Eventually someone will get tired of all this posturing and push the button to start the game.

[edit on 24-12-2008 by Muundoggie]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by plainview
I've had that feeling of "waiting" for something for a long time, as long as I've suffered from depression.
So, I can't be sure if the feeling is just a by-product of depression, or if the depression is a by-product of knowing something is coming.

If that makes any sense at all.

i have suffered greatly from depression as well and i know that feeling you are talking about. I now consider my self recovered and have been so for over a year. This new feeling of waiting for something to happen is not related for me. I would pm you for some coping tips but i am too new. Hope you feel better soon, never give up waiting for that.

Hey OP thanks keep up the fine fight bro.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by The Great Day

Thank you. I know a lot of it is seasonal. And I have people who help me through it, when I let them.

It sometimes feels like a mild depression is exacerbated by the things that go on in the world. By mankinds ability to be so cruel. And by longing for something, anything, to happen so we can all stop going mad from the anticipation. Maybe I suffer from empathy. Maybe it's all in my head.

I am now finished taking over this thread with my rambling. Sorry to the original poster

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by plainview

Dear Plainview:

I said that my OP would be my last one, but I can't help but reply to you. I actually have a very "soft spot" when it comes to mental illness. My spouse suffers from bipolar disorder and my mother-in-law suffers from severe depression. I also work in a psychiatric practice. Medication helps to a certain degree, but what helps the most is having a clear understanding of the "why" of today's problems, and a sound and reliable hope for the future. Bible-based hope of life in a new world is a source of great comfort, here are 9 "ingredients" that I'm sure can help you:

1. Developing a spiritual outlook on life.—Matthew 5:3.
2. Being content and avoiding “the love of money.”—1 Timothy 6:6-10.
3. Keeping pleasures in their place.—2 Timothy 3:1, 4.
4. Being generous and working for the happiness of others.—Acts 20:35.
5. Being thankful and counting your blessings.—Colossians 3:15.
6. Having a forgiving spirit.—Matthew 6:14.
7. Choosing your associates wisely.—Proverbs 13:20.
8. Taking care of your body and shunning bad habits.—2 Corinthians 7:1.
9. ‘Rejoicing in the hope’ set out for you in the Bible.—Romans 12:12.

I hope that helps

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by holywar

My father suffers from bipolar disorder, and most everyone in my family, including my husband, suffers from depression. While I am not a Christian, I do find many of the lessons and words in the bible helpful. As well as wise words from people of all faiths. I live by almost everything in your list of 9, yet I still get so down. The past few weeks, I've even thought about trying medication, even though I've been against it for the 10 years I've had this problem.
I'm sure the way I word things makes everything sound worse than it really is.

And all of this could be due to the fact that I am young, and have yet to find my place within a generation and society that I don't particularly like. It certainly is a part of it. I thank you for your kind words.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
All I am feeling is pissed off and desscusted of always having to pay for another's mystake, sabotage, incompetance, ignorance...I am innocent, I am a healer, an artist and scientist, a true friend. My life destroyed, for another's trip! _javascript:icon('
')

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by plainview
The past few weeks, I've even thought about trying medication, even though I've been against it for the 10 years I've had this problem.

there are lots of reasons for people to be depressed. i think alot of people in this world get depressed quite regularly because things are getting worse.

however sometimes it is a chemical thing. and no matter how much you fight it, your going to have your downs.

sometimes its better to find a well trusted doctor to help you determine what exactly you need.

i know im just sounding stupid now, but its the only sound advice i have

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
That expression that we are living in interesting times, does not even begin to fathom the the undertow of anxious expectation and some dread that I feel at the not so subtle changes occuring politically economically environmentally and the people I talk too who are truly awake are scared and the rest are either asleep or coping with drugs or alcohol or doing their best to ignore the world hoping it changes for the better while it falls apart around them This collective amnesia I see in others seems to activate my inner alarm system I now constantly make myself look at the world without the hype to the best of my abilities.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by holywar

I'm skeptical of this kinda thinking because people have been saying this for, like, ever. People have been saying it's the end days [etc.] since biblical times.

I think people mistake change for something looming and negative.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, the power to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

This little mantra which many call the serenity prayer has really helped change the way i think and get off meds. I was on meds for 10 years and yes i needed to be. Was even given a diagnosis of being BPII( bipolar type 2) I now am able to focus on the present and not relive the past or have a unhealthy expectation of what is to come

But what i have learned is the its all in my head ha ha. The way i think changes the way i feel which does change the chemical balances in the body which changes how i feel with effects the way i think etc etc, Its a vicious circle. One that i am glad to be free from.

Another helpful concept is the power of acceptance, just did a quick search for an example www.abundance-and-happiness.com...

Yes spirituality is key but but sometimes professional help is needed as was my case so that i actually could focus on the more important things. Mental health is out of most pastors jurisdiction.

Don't go way Holy War i was looking forward to hearing more from you i think you have much to contribute. At least this way i can just block you if i am not interested haha. Just kidding.

There should be a positive thread or section started on Depresion and mental health. Give mainstream media something to base there claims on

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

UPFRONT Personal Disclosure: I was once a baptized brother in The Jehovahs Witnesses and also went door to door with the watchtower and awake magazines that are produced by the same organization as that which runs the website LINK the OP provides. I have since been disfellowshiped (excommunicated). There all my biases transparent and exposed.

Explanation: 1stly and I quote directly from the site provided regarding the 1914-1918 WWI "On average, some 6,000 soldiers were killed each day." well woopdidoo as on average some 150,000 people die every day in the 21st century most from causes other than war (see HERE:-) a figure some 25 times greater. 2ndly the 1939-1946 WWII produced far more casualties and on a far larger scale so why wouldn't it be the candidate for the end of the Holy war in heaven and the casting down of Satan and his 1/3rd host of heaven with him especially as WWII was ended so apocalyptically (Atomic weapons used so need I say more?)!

3rdly concerning famines,pesilence and earthquakes . They conveniently forget the famine of egypt in Josephs time??? (Gen 41:56 And the famine was over all the face of the earth: And Joseph opened all the storehouses, and sold unto the Egyptians; and the famine waxed sore in the land of Egypt. Gen 41:57 And all countries came into Egypt to Joseph for to buy [corn]; because that the famine was [so] sore in all lands) Or the famines AND pestilence produced in Egypt during the 10 plagues of YHVH in Moses time. or the fact that they claim earthquakes are increasing but in actual fact they have been steady for some while now (Earthquakes Are Not Increasing link )

4thly Concerning "Own interests come 1st"...well its not like the ancient humans wern't also corrupt and sinfull if not more so( need I remind people of the flood and Noahs ark ?)!!!

Personal Disclosure: I'll leave it at that for the moment. Thanks for the opportunity to DENY IGNORANCE!

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by holywar

Yes, I am one of those "annoying" people that goes around knocking on doors and talking to people that care to listen. I do it because I feel I have an important message and because I love my neighbor.

How would you reconcile this activity with what Jesus said?

Luke 10:7 And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I think it's merely another wave in the centuries of this world...how many time have bad times washed over us...then they get better...I don't think it's going to be anything epic more than any other time in history when the world was supposed to end

-Kyo

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
PreTribGuy.....

that scripture is referring too hospitality extended by the homes visited, they would accept lodging with one of the households that responded to the message but they would not abuse that hospitality. (Matthew 10:11)

But the main thing was the preaching work. At Luke 9:6 it is stated: “Then starting out they went through the territory from village to village, declaring the good news and performing cures everywhere.” (See also Luke 10:8, 9.) Deserving ones who received the disciples into their homes as prophets, perhaps giving them “a cup of cold water” or even accommodations, would not lose their reward. They would hear the Kingdom message.—Matthew 10:40-42.

After the Christian congregation was founded, we read concerning the apostles: “And every day in the temple and from house to house they continued without letup teaching and declaring the good news about the Christ, Jesus.” (Acts 5:42) The expression in the Greek translated “from house to house” is kat’ oi′kon. Here ka‧ta′ is in the distributive sense. Hence, it might be said that the disciples’ preaching was distributed from house to house. They were not making mere prearranged social calls. A similar use of ka‧ta′ is found at Luke 8:1 in the expression “from city to city and from village to village.”

The same expression in the plural, kat’ oi′kous, is used by the apostle Paul at Acts 20:20. There he stated: “I did not hold back from . . . teaching you publicly and from house to house.” The expression “from house to house” is rendered “in your homes” in some translations. So some of Christendom’s Bible commentators say that Paul is referring here to shepherding visits in the homes of believers. But Paul’s next words show that he was speaking about a ministry to nonbelievers, for he states: “But I thoroughly bore witness both to Jews and to Greeks about repentance toward God and faith in our Lord Jesus.”—Acts 20:21.

This method of reaching the people should therefore be used in our time when the “good news of the kingdom” must be “preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations.” (Matthew 24:14)

[edit on 24-12-2008 by The Great Day]

top topics

join