It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polar Bear befriends Sled Dogs(photos to prove it)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+45 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
This has got to be a paranormal phenomena,
Norbert Rosing's striking images of a wild polar bear coming upon tethered sled dogs in the wilds of Canada's Hudson Bay

www.global-report.com...

The Polar bear came back every night for a week to play with the sled dogs.
Could this be a sign that the earth will soon be transformed and Lions will lie down together with lambs?

[edit on 23-12-2008 by John Matrix]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
That is the most amazing thing I've ever seen. I guess sometimes even bears play. Very cool post!

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
One of the best posts on ATS in a long time. Star and flag. I'm still trying to figure out which is my favorite.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Amazing photos, the first one looks like the dogs were like "whoa! back off!" and rightfully so, but my favorite pic is this one:

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Seen these a long time ago, but thanks for refreshing my mind. Great pics!

The polarbear's bodylanguage reminds me of a friendly cat.

If I recall correctly, I read that the polar bear came back every day to visit the dog before the left.(edit: oh didnt see that in the OP sorry haha.)

[edit on 23-12-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I sometimes play with my food too

I admit they are pretty pictures but that still doesn't change the balance here. The bear will eventually get hungry.

"Be careful when your getting all you want. There is no luck involved in fattening a hog"

Still, pretty pictures.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Yeah its sweet.And it looks like the bear is patting the dog.
But if the bear had have been extremely hungry, and not had any food in its belly.
The dog would have been eaten.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
I sometimes play with my food too

I admit they are pretty pictures but that still doesn't change the balance here. The bear will eventually get hungry.

"Be careful when your getting all you want. There is no luck involved in fattening a hog"

Still, pretty pictures.

I don't think the bear will eat him when hungry. Just the same way a dog won't eat a cat once it makes friends with it. But who knows. Humans eat humans when they are hungry haha.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
What would be the ratio otherwise? Unchained, 10 sled dogs to one polar bear? It would seem that anything less and it would be a bloodbath.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Humans eat humans when they are hungry haha.

Not to throw this thread off track, but, sometimes even their friends. I'm thinking of that soccer (football to you Euros out there
)team that crashed in the mountains.

BTW, I am not making light of the subject. My deepest regards go out to the victims (alive and dead) in that tragedy.

[edit on 12/23/2008 by Griff]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Humans eat humans when they are hungry haha.

Not to throw this thread off track, but, sometimes even their friends. I'm thinking of that soccer (football to you Euros out there
)team that crashed in the mountains.

BTW, I am not making light of the subject. My deepest regards go out to the victims (alive and dead) in that tragedy.

[edit on 12/23/2008 by Griff]

Yeah I know about that. Sad story.

But still I stand by what I said, I think it's similar to a dog befriending a cat. They won't eat the cat. But it's possible under a extreme situation he will eat the dog.(not the cat, the bear lol)

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

I love it... the person with the Terminator avatar posting cute fluffy posts! Good post though, I'm sure I've seen I video of something similar. I'll have a quick look now.

Here it is...

[edit on 23-12-2008 by and14263]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
This has got to be a paranormal phenomena,
Norbert Rosing's striking images of a wild polar bear coming upon tethered sled dogs in the wilds of Canada's Hudson Bay

www.global-report.com...

The Polar bear came back every night for a week to play with the sled dogs.
Could this be a sign that the earth will soon be transformed and Lions will lie down together with lambs?

[edit on 23-12-2008 by John Matrix]

that's awesome.

I like the parallel you draw with lambs and lions.

-

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Its NOT wild, i don't care what anyone says.

It is obviously tame, probably raised from a cub by that dog. As much as i would love for this to be a factual event i SUPREMELY doubt it.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retikx
Its NOT wild, i don't care what anyone says.

It is obviously tame, probably raised from a cub by that dog. As much as i would love for this to be a factual event i SUPREMELY doubt it.

I don't think I would go so far as to say that it's "not wild", more like accustomed to the dog/s.

Check out this video:

Cool pics either way.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
maybe the dog was in heat and the bear was a boy bear,,,,

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
hmmmmmm this is a wonderful story, it does make you wonder about love and feelings and how so called human exclusive emotions correlate to animals....it really reminds me of this story I saw a while back, I don't cry much or at all but this brought tears to my eyes, and seeing as this is Christmas I figured what the H, also at first I was gonna comment on how this type of story isn't really appropriate for ATS but whatever who cares really....we get enough scary worlds gonna end stories all the time, its good to be reminded of what makes this world so great to begin with....

hears the video:

and heres the story:

Christian was a lion originally purchased by Australians John Rendall and Anthony 'Ace' Bourke from Harrods department store of London in 1969 and ultimately reintroduced to the wild.

After raising the lion, for one year they realized he was getting to big to be a pet and it is really wrong to force a wild animal to live in captivity, so they began to reintegrate him into the wild, successfully, later when they returned to Africa just to check up on his status, they found to their surprise he completely remembered them and ran up and gave them big hugs and kisses...

a awesome story, when I showed this to my girlfriend and she saw I had tears in my eyes it was an instant panty dropper, and I've since used this multiple times to guarantee sexy time.....works like freaking clockwork

[edit on 24-12-2008 by smokecrops]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by and14263
reply to post by John Matrix

I love it... the person with the Terminator avatar posting cute fluffy posts! Good post though, I'm sure I've seen I video of something similar. I'll have a quick look now.

Here it is...

Thats crazy!! I've never seen that clip before - never seen a leopard react like that to another animal.

It kinda looked like it was almost playing with it at some point, as if it could snap at it at any moment, but still.. curiosity saved the baboon.

I still wouldn't expect the wee bub lasted too long tho...

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
If people thought about it, look at humans.

Humans are the uber predators of the planet, but have the capacity to adopt and befriend many of the other species on the planet.

Humans, the most dangerous species on the face of the earth, can befriend even the weakest and most helpless of creatures.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Thank you John Matrix for starting this thread. And to everyone who posted a video or pic. Smokecrops, yours had me in premium cry mode - can see how that gets you some

What a great Christmas present this was. I plan on forwarding these to friends.

Stars for all! You made my day

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join