It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did you find out santa was not real

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Well im sick off seeing so much holiday cheer around here
So lets bring back all those fond memories of when you finally thought "Hey wait, that/this means santa isnt real"

Go for it

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
What ...you mean..Santa isn't REAL !!!!!!
~hangs his head and sobs~

don't worry kiddies Santas real. The OP is just confused

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
no kids santa is not real
Your parents leave those presents under your tree

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

All the preparations for this year are in place! Return on Christmas Eve to track St. Nick on his magical flight around the world!

www.noradsanta.org...=en_US&utm_medium=ha&utm_source=en_US-ha-na-us-sk-gm&utm_term=santa

I'm sure the NORAD people would disagree.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
He isnt!??!

Oh wait,you must have been on that naughty list for a long time huh?
Dont ruin Xmas for all the kids,just because you didnt recieve any gifts.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
haha
I think if a kid young enough to still believe in santa is on ATS he has WAY bigger problems than that dont you think :bash:

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
When I was four my dad sat me down, and with eyes full of shiny love and wisdom informed me coldly not to believe in santa because Santa, he said, is not real, although God is real and He does all the judging for Santa. So, he continued, just think of God as Santa although the punishments for not following God are a lot worse than a lump of coal. I'm guessing my dad wasn't the most mentally stable when he told me this.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by veranda

Wow...
Dark, lol

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Runningtobabylon

I guess... looking back I think it's kind of funny.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Dear Editor—

I am 8 years old. Some of my little friends say there is no Santa Claus. Papa says, “If you see it in The Sun, it’s so.” Please tell me the truth, is there a Santa Claus?

Virginia O’Hanlon

Virginia, your little friends are wrong. They have been affected by the skepticism of a skeptical age. They do not believe except they see. They think that nothing can be which is not comprehensible by their little minds. All minds, Virginia, whether they be men’s or children’s, are little. In this great universe of ours, man is a mere insect, an ant, in his intellect as compared with the boundless world about him, as measured by the intelligence capable of grasping the whole of truth and knowledge.

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no Santa Claus! It would be as dreary as if there were no Virginias. There would be no childlike faith then, no poetry, no romance to make tolerable this existence. We should have no enjoyment, except in sense and sight. The eternal light with which childhood fills the world would be extinguished.

Not believe in Santa Claus! You might as well not believe in fairies. You might get your papa to hire men to watch in all the chimneys on Christmas eve to catch Santa Claus, but even if you did not see Santa Claus coming down, what would that prove? Nobody sees Santa Claus, but that is no sign that there is no Santa Claus. The most real things in the world are those that neither children nor men can see. Did you ever see fairies dancing on the lawn? Of course not, but that’s no proof that they are not there. Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world.

You tear apart the baby’s rattle and see what makes the noise inside, but there is a veil covering the unseen world which not the strongest man, nor even the united strength of all the strongest men that ever lived could tear apart. Only faith, poetry, love, romance, can push aside that curtain and view and picture the supernal beauty and glory beyond. Is it all real? Ah, Virginia, in all this world there is nothing else real and abiding.

No Santa Claus! Thank God! he lives and lives forever. A thousand years from now, Virginia, nay 10 times 10,000 years from now, he will continue to make glad the heart of childhood.

[edit on 23-12-2008 by AccessDenied]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I don't actually remember this but here is how the story goes. When I was four I went up to my Mom in the kitchen and told her I thought my Dad was Santa. She asked me why and apparently I thought the idea of a flying sleigh was laughable. I also could not believe that Santa could get to so many houses in one night. I was very upset and wanted to know why she was lying to me and she fessed up. I still don't remember any of this, but I do remember being smarter at that age than I am now.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Honestly I don't ever remember actually believing in Santa, or the Tooth Fairy for that matter. I always knew it was a put-on. Not that hard to figure out when the presents with the 'From: Santa' tags were written in my mother's handwriting or the money left under my pillow when I lost a tooth smelled like her perfume.

My mother did a good job of playing into the fantasy but it was easy to see through for me. I knew mall Santas were fake, too, and the radio broadcasts supposedly tracking Santa's sled. Just never really believed any of it was real.

On the other hand, I was completely shocked to get the birds and the bees speech and to find out how babies came about. I thought it was just something that spontaneously happened after a man and woman got married. lol

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
At my home growing up - I always wondered why Santa prefered an ice cold "Budweiser" instead of milk and cookies.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Well my mother who was an avid hunter in Alaska ...came home with a deer one day and got drunk that night and told us all that she killed Rudolph and we were going to eat him for dinner ....that was when she told us there was no santa ...(not sure how old I was) ..but we always knew there was no santa because we were too poor to even have Christmas ..so it really was no biggie for me ....he did not come to our house anyway .......so we knew already ..

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Wow
Even more dark , lol

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I don't really every remember believing strongly either. Although the time I was certain was when I snooped out the Christmas presents a month early at the age of 6. No one was very happy, but I wanted to play with them.

Although I will say that my mother did a fine job masking her handwriting when "Santa" signed my cast some years later.

[edit on 23-12-2008 by TravelerintheDark]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I was playing with some little toys on the coffee table, a set of little tiny bears with a picnic table and chairs, when my mom said "lets go down to that store where I got those toys for you...."
I said "Santa gave me these..." with a suspicious frown on my face.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

My story is simple. I was 6 years old in first grade. I was pretty sure there was no Santa. I heard some kids saying there was no Santa while waiting in line for lunch or something we waited in line for in first grade.

I went home and asked my mother, "Mom, is it true there is no Santa Claus?"

She said yes, at which time I started balling like a blubbering baby. After a few minutes in my room, I came out and then asked, "So that means the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy are fake too?"

Mom, of course, said yes.

I went back in my room to continue blubbering.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I never did believe it so, chalk another up for the regressing folks. lol

We were all very fortunate for our families when I was a kid and didn't need no stinking Santa!

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I didn't. Santa IS real. He can be reached through the Pope's story book and with some Jjinn magick.
[Pope 1970s.)
Purely speculation...

What I found out though, is that
for some reason belief is supposed to center around the 'fake' belief that Santa is real with no proof and as incredulous as it is, followed by the inevitable discovery that Santa in fact is not real.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join