It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contact lenses?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I went for my first contact lense consultation today, one word, ow!
Putting them in is fine, but I just couldn't get the damn things out, I kept wanting to blink, and then I couldn't see it to take it out; does anyone have any tips to help, because I really want to be able to wear them!
Also, anyone had contacts and had a bad reaction to them?

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I've had them for a year now alot easier than glasses and better. The first week my eyes were irritated, and I had more trouble getting them in than out.

Do you have plastic or glass?

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
what, lenses? Plastic, I didn't know they even did glass ones any more...
I can put them in, but getting them out uckers.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
My bro tried contacts and had a bad reaction to them he went back to useing glasses. -How come you want contacts anyway ladycool?

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I just got contact lenses a couple of weeks ago...day six a piece of one ripped off, so I had to get another pair for another trial week. During that week, I had no issues putting them in or getting them out. THe key is holding your eye open correctly..

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I look better without glasses, SE7EN, and glasses really annoy my nose! I got them today, just taken them out; it's alot easier when you haven't got a woman giving you directions and you can do it in your on time...I have to put my face right up to the mirror, otherwise I can't see the lense to take the damn thing out! I've changed my mind though, putting them in IS harder, I got an air bubble in it earlier, it's really weird!

Have you got monthly disposables then ufochaser? That's what I've got at the moment.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
it gets much easier with time. contacts are much better for working, sports or any physical activity(ALL physical activities). i had them for many years now and it is super easy to put them in and out and first it was weird sticking stuff in your eyes. no0w i am tired of both contacts and glasses and am considering lasek.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I thought about laser surgery, but it's still realtively new, and I'm a bit of a wuss; so I think that when you've got contacts, glasses and what not, I'm gonna stick with that.

Also, I got told that I shouldn't swim with contacts, unless you're wearing super tight goggles (Which I could never do, since one I'd look like a complete tool, and two it gives me migraines); but my sister wears them (she's naughty). Anyone know how high the actual risk of infection is from swimming in them?

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I've swam with contacts in for at least 7 years, and I've never had an eye infection. But that's just me.

I alternate between contacts and glasses, each have their benefit, IMO.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I had contacts for about 12 years, they were hard ones as my eyeball was the wrong shape for soft.

Popping them out was a matter of pulling back on the outer corner of my eye and they sorta flew out into your hand.

I went back to glasses when I started working on computers more, as they dried out with the same focal distance all the time.

Mind you, new glasses are so much better than back then, I have nikon lenses and they are really light after the bottlle bottom glasses I had pre contacts.

If you want gross, just wait till you lose one - behind your eye!

They slide under the eyelid itself, and you can just see them peeping out under the eyelid at the bottom.

I used to close my eyes move my eyeballs around then open my eyes again to get them back into position.

I sometimes got a green goo on them from not cleaning them properly...

Glad to be back in glases but miss not being able to wear my Blues Brothers raybans

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by Netchicken]

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken

I went back to glasses when I started working on computers more, as they dried out with the same focal distance all the time.

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by Netchicken]

And it can cause a lot of problems. I used to wear my contacts while working on computers about 4 years ago, and went for my yearly eye checkup, and found that because of the contacts, coupled with the computer (not blinking as much as normal), blood vessels had started to grow into my cornea (corneal neovascularization). The cornea normally has no blood vessels, taking its oxygen directly from the air. This can, over time, cause blindness.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I'm sat here with my contacts on looking at the pc
lmao, remind me to take them out when on the computer...
I wanted to wear some decent sunglasses this year, I'm fed up with prescription ones to be honest.
The same thing happened to my sister, NetChicken, it got stuck behind her eyelid
that put me off getting them for along time! She had to pull it up and all sorts; fortunatly it can't actually go behind the eye because there's a layer of tissue around the eye that stops it from going anywhere. Well, something like that anyway...

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Netchicken-- I would highly advise you to consult a second or even third optician on getting soft contacts...

I was told the same BS about how my eyes were incompatible with the soft variety, and was forced to wear hard / gas-permeable ones.

Fortunately, I got frustrated with the hard, annoying pieces of crap and made the switch to soft. Best thing I have ever done in regards to my eyesight. the comfort level is better, and soft contact lenses wrap the entire iris, thus giving you 100% improved vision, as opposed to GP's little ring of blindness as they only cover most of the pupil (but not the entire surface area).

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I could never wear hard ones! The thought of having it in my eye is just

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
LadyCool, I have 30 day disposables....I have been wearing them all week(This is like week 2 of putting them in, taking them out, no assistance) and they are great. I can wear them anywhere from 8-15 hours a day without having issues...

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
That's what I've got ufochaser! I'm on the first week, and they're so comfy now! Does your sight go a bit blurry when you look down/left/right? I can take them in and out now ok, just having one problem though...
I have to change my whole makeup routine!
I look so different my make-up looks stupid without glasses, so I'm trying to get used to changing it...other than that it's all cool get to buy some cool sunglasses, yey!

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I prefer the novelty contact lenses

You too can be a Reptilian...

Or a Grey...

and of course, there's always ...

www.fxeyes.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I don't believe Specsavers do the last one, Pisky...

and ufochaser, you know the solution that you put in the lense case, is it just me or are you getting through it at a great speed too?

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Yes, it is a little blurry when I look left, right, up, down sometimes....
My wife wears contacts as well, so we are going thru the solution at WARP speed!!

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Ahh, just got back from my appoinment post-week trial, they've given me three huge bottles of solution...I wondered why I only had teeny one, it's a weeks worth! LOL, feel like a slight prat now...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join