It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banks say they can't track where the bailout billions are going, don't care to discuss it

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Ok so now we all know that this bailout kit was a big mistake and that the bankers were in it for their profit or try to retake profit.... Chances are, if all of this is true, we are not looking at only the financial systems all over the world failling, but countries as well.

Im sorry to be so blunt but.... What the F"/$ are you all waiting for? What are you waiting for to take it up to the streets..... Do you think its going to be time to do something like that when the whole financial system crumbles on itself? They are all going to have bigger fish to fry by then....

So my 2 cents is after christmas and new years, organise yourselves and get to the streets. Show those 'Powerfull people' that they only have power because it is granted to them by you, and not because they have acquired it......

ohhh and yeah .... Seasons Greetings everyone!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Banks can't track where the money went and the government can't track where they got the money from. It's an illusion. The government has no money to give. It's just numbers written on a ledger card. Credit financing credit, debt aleviating debt. More credit, more debt will do what?

Ever play monopoly? Smart people would have just ended the game with the winner being the one who had the most right? Not our society. We open a line of credit so we can stay in the game without selling off assets. What happens when all that is left is debt? The economy collapses.

It's not enough for us to have the most, in our society, we won't stop til one of us has it all, but what exactly are we talking about? Paper? Debt? Credit? Who's winning the game? What do we want with money anyway?

It's not the money, but what we can do with it, right? Most people have failed to realize what the measure of money is. Money earned is our time, sweat, and sacrifices. The inequality occured after some of the population decided they should be taken care of and set themselves above the labor pool.

Has everyone lost sight? Does a piece of paper with green ink on it mean so much that "people" are forgotten in the process? We talk about "government" and "banks" and "corporations" as though these institutes are living entities. People form these institutes and people allow them to do what they do. Individual accountablility is in order. Someone suggested criminal charges and I agree. Someone described what happened when he did not pay his bills and I suggest the same outcome for the groups of individuals of these institutes that are not paying their bills and hiding behind the "entity" illusion of industry and government.

Unfortunately, nothing will be done because people are still buying into these illusions. Credit, debt, saving, investing, bancruptcy... it's all an illusion, an idea. It boils down to what you have after you subtract what you owe and for many, it is too ugly of a reality to realize you own nothing free and clear. Borrow from Peter to pay Paul and rob Mark to give back to Peter. And it works. The problem is, the Marks are running low.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
WOW! Just WOW!

I haven't read a single optimistic view in this thread! Unbelievable! I think a Woot! is in order here. Yet I believe a certain amount of optimism is truly indicated by this thread.

Everyone seems to finally get it? Indeed quite a few of you are truly in the know.

I see motivation! I see drive! I see non-complacency! I see revolution! These are ALL positive things when facing a system as corrupt as ours. I have never gone through a whole thread on ATS and found only positives like this before. It truly has taken someone's hand in our back pockets and purses for even the grandmother to get it, but we've got it nevertheless.

So now what?!? Whose going to lead? Whose going to be the first to stand up and say, "Come to me! Let us revolt! It is our Solemn duty as law abiding citizens to decriminalize our world banking system, and truly prosecute - by using any and all means at our disposal - the TRUE dissenters and architects of this unprecedented by scale ring of slave-owners!"

We need people who know what they are doing. And this thread has proven to me that WE THE PEOPLE absolutely DO have somewhere within us people we can count on to do the right things, truly benevolent to freedom-WILLING-people things, the most stringent Constitutional things - even if it means wiping the slate clean to the original document and starting over.

No one is going to do this for us! We the People - are we truly ready yet? Are we ready to give up everything we have? Make no mistake as this is exactly what it's going to take to take back our freedom - of life and honest enterprise, yet isn't this still a highly positive thought?

Who would be first on the list of true patriots? Who would be first on the list of people who wish to renew our reputation around the world as saviors - if even of only our own nation first? Who would be first on the list of fighters against Cornwallis' and King George's and Covington's (The Coporatocracy)? Indeed, who will be our George Washingtons, our Benjamin Martins, our Benjamin Franklins?

Who while reading this post, thinks this is all a pipe dream? Who thinks everything they've read in this thread is nothing but talk? Who thinks the problem is so big as to ill-afford any hope at all to us. But more importantly, WHO DOESN'T?!? Please, please let's prove the first part of my signature wrong!

Just thought I'd try to inject a little hope into our problem...and perhaps a little bit of optimism where it truly has finally shown itself.

[edit on 24-12-2008 by lagnar]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

could the credit crunch be a scam to redirect moneys for an impending disaster that is being observed by a higher intelliegence ,is this possible,after all they would`nt want mass chaos,maybe we are all waiting for the shock and they are preparing for it,what say you`s.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
it seems to me that not many in the states care too much about the economic crises. most are aware of it, yea, but am i right in perceiving most think this will sort itself out with little to no effect on themselves?

are they right not to be too concerned?

or are they heading for a rude awakening?

does anyone know how bad this thing is going to get?

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Its just a game...

The reason for the meltdown is very simple let me spell it for you

G R E E D

got a problem? we all rip each other off every single day its called PROFIT

why are people so dumb? becouse we like it that way...

If you think im wrong get off ur chair and start a farm or someting REAL..but then again you wont will you.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
perhaps now is the time for all good men (&women) to come to the aid of their country? Would love it if 90% of the population just refused to file or pay their income taxes for at least one year, to show the bastards how we feel, & make 'em realize just how pissed we all are at this rip-off of the citizens of this once great country.......is it time to spread the word yet??? Its bad enough to get it in the rear, but now they don't even use lube.....

dum fisherman

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
There is obviously no getting around the fact that any monetary system is inherently corrupt. And yes, I do have a serious problem with it, for this is not the only way to conduct a civilization. There is another way. It's called the REAL pursuit of technology (the only thing that has ever helped human-kind in any way), and the REAL pursuit of a resource economy (scarcity is a myth upheld by the corrupt demand for your beloved profit). We have enough resources on this planet to educate, feed, house and provide electricity to every man woman and child on this planet. We would, in fact, have a major surplus of energy if technology wasn't currently being held back, cut off and squashed by the corrupt corporate elite (The Corporatocracy).

Indeed, money equals power, and power corrupts. Thus, it can be stated that unlimited money, equals unlimited power equals unlimited corruption, death, misery, lies, secrets - the immoral high-ground that will always feed itself as long as there are cowards willing to extend its kinetic energy for as long as possible, kill as many people as possible, and make as much profit as possible for their own benefit.

It doesn't have to be this way, and until people realize it doesn't have to be this way, we will always have suffering, hunger, hatred, murder for profit and every other evil you can imagine. We will never evolve as a species, and our descendants will always pay the ultimate price for an unbelievably wealthy few dictators who care about nothing more than controlling you and programming you into thinking this is all "par for the course. Get used to it dimwit, it's always been this way, and it will always be this way." I have the courage to spit in their face. I REFUSE!!! Not for me...for my children and yours. Someone has to.

By the way, I have a substantial garden, pigs and cows who are fed nothing but hay (alfalfa) and corn. Thanks for the concern.

[edit on 25-12-2008 by lagnar]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Banks have to prepare audited Cash Flow, Income Statements and Balance Sheets. An analysis of these will show what they spent their money on. Note that they receive income from many sources and it all goes into a common pool of assets. From this pool they pay down liabilities, and buy other assets. Perhaps they can't say exactly what they did with the xBillion their inside friend Hank have them, but they have to disclose what they did with the pool of assets into which all their income sources flow.

My big beef is they should 1) not pay bonuses and 2) not pay dividends, both of which just enrich themselves. To the extent they have done this, I urge you to contact your Congressman and Senator and urge them to pass a special law to retrieve mis-allocated TARP funds. That is, individiuals who worked for any firm receiving TARP money who received bonuses over $10,000 will find themselves the facing a 100% tax on that bonus income. Same deal with the dividends. "You can pay it out that way, but we can also take it right back!"

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I would like to see a list of all the banks who received any money from the ripoff... err excuse me bailout.
Then I would like to start a movement to find anyone who has a account with the banks and have them close their accounts. Any business doing business with the bank would also be boycotted.
At the same time every so called representative that voted for this scam should be voted out next term.
If enough people got behind something like this I think they would have to change or go broke..

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Just showing support for this thread. Many have already said what I was thinking. I'm glad to hear the responses.

It doesn't matter what the citizens want anyway because, they didn't want the bailout anyway so why assume that they are going to disclose how it is used?

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonsbreaths
I would like to see a list of all the banks who received any money from the ripoff... err excuse me bailout.

The most recent list of banks is located right here.

Good luck to you on your mission!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join