It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

horrible if...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Santa Claus does not exist...
BUT i got some good news for you...

Listen to this beautiful tune from living legend

Ozzy Osbourne "Dreamer"

[edit on 23-12-2008 by flymetothemoon]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by flymetothemoon

Yea, horrible if...I thought Pigs of War might be appropriate also...
or just a still of his kids...

ColoradoJens

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
That was a surprisingly good song. Ozzy has had a pretty good run....

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

keep drinking hungis...also, the woody allen line in the OP thread is making me laugh right now...merry christmas all...

CJ

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
lol, I take it I am alone on this one?

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I agree. My reason for this tune you can read here :

"Dreamer" is the third track from Ozzy Osbourne's album Down to Earth, which was released on 16 October 2001. The song describes the rockstar's vision of a better world for his children, where they are happy and safe.

Although the song was written in the late nineties, it wasn't considered for release until after the terrorist acts of September 11, 2001.

Ozzy Osbourne compares "Dreamer" to John Lennon's hugely famous "Imagine", which contains the line: "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one." Ozzy has said himself that The Beatles have had a huge influence on him (he first decided that his way of getting out of "that #hole" was through music after hearing Twist and shout). Ozzy can relate to them, as they are all successful musicians who grew up in underprivileged areas of England.

Another reference to John Lennon is the line "After all, there's only just the two of us." This is an acknowledgment of the Beatles song "Two of Us." Although Paul McCartney wrote it to his wife Linda, it has since become accepted as a description of his relationship to close friend Lennon, and was even used as the title to a VH1 TV-movie about them.

Source

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

keep drinking hungis...also, the woody allen line in the OP thread is making me laugh right now...merry christmas all...

CJ

So happy you're a fan of Allen.lol.
Here some more for you :

"I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam; I looked into the soul of the boy sitting next to me."

"My education was dismal. I went to a series of schools for mentally disturbed teachers"

"More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."

"You" can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

"Eighty percent of success is showing up."

Woody Allen

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by flymetothemoon

Awesome flymetothemoon! My dad bought me "Without Feathers" by Woody when I was in the 4th grade - I didn't understand half of the jokes at the time, but it was so silly I quickly fell in love. One of my personal favorites is the story about Hitler's barber.

On the Ozzy side, by the fifth grade my older bro was cranking all Ozzy related music - I think my Mom actually even let us play "Iron Man" on the way to church. Paranoia was a family favorite. Sorry if I came off really dumb last night - I was - hope all is well and again, Merry Christmas!

CJ

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Thats okay.lol. This thread was ment to be divided into the horrible and the miserable.

I never read the book you mention. But this year i got "Mere Anarchy".
Btw:
You just inspired me to take a speed reading course and read 'War and Peace' in twenty minutes. It involves Russia.

Speaking of books :

As the poet said, 'Only God can make a tree' -probably because it's so hard to figure out how to get the bark on.
You see. I am at two with nature

Now i must go. You know. Most of the time I don't have much fun. The rest of the time I don't have any fun at all.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Ozzy Osbourne - Paranoid

Horrible thread

new topics

top topics

join