It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Magazine's Person of the year...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It should not suprise us that the person Time Magazine is calling the person of the year is Barack Obama.

Upon recieving the issue for Dember 29, 2008-January 5, 2009- it is plain as can be. The interior article going over (of course the election and such).

Time Magazine chose it's runner up for Person of the year as....... Wait for it....Henry Paulson.

You can't be serious can you?! How can this "distinguished" publication tote the good doings of a person not even in office yet (all he did was run for president and win). And then insult our intelligence by naming the follow up person to be Henry Paulson.

[edit on 23-12-2008 by Jkd Up]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I like Obama, and I had a feeling that was coming from TIME. But, as much as I support him, he hasn't done ANYTHING yet....in my eyes that is somewhat undeserving of man of the year.

Granted there will be the people who tout: "unifying the nation" "change for society and popular thinking" etc etc.....thats all msm talking though.

eh...

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
www.time.com...

www.time.com...

Here's the links...

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
"Time" is a tool. It tells its readership what and how to think.

What they do they do for profit and ideology.

I don't put much weight on their content, it's geared to sell.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jkd Up
How can this "distinguished" publication tote the good doings of a person not even in office yet (all he did was run for president and win). And then insult our intelligence by naming the follow up person to be Henry Paulson.

Time's Person of the Year is not about... "good doings". From their website:

TIME's Person of the Year is the person or persons who most affected the news and our lives, for good or ill, and embodied what was important about the year.

Now, if you think Barack Obama, Henry Paulson and Sarah Palin DID NOT affect the news and our lives and embody what was important about the year, I'd have to think you've been living on another planet.

You haven't, have you...

Congratulations, Obama!

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Didnt you know? He is the Messiah..... A man who can make parents sacrifice their children with singing and shouting slogans of "CHANGE" befour even stepping into the office deserves the front cover of Time....

top topics

join