It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

where would you meet that 'quirky' kinda girl

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
you know?
i don't even know what i am getting at here.
girls that likes tattoos, sci fi.

dresses down but is beautiful.

of course i am thinking of the bookstore. one of the ones a few miles down the road where you could have coffee and see what happens.

where else?

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
rock clubs,hard dance clubs,illegal raves

any alternative music venue is great for alternative peoples

Where do you go to get your fix of what you like,go there more often,chat to people. But do it expecting nothing,just do it to make conversation,not like you're on the pull. At least you'll have something in common to start off with,plus that's a great way chat to someone,without them thinking that you're knocking at pantyhouse.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
we are definately thin on the alt music scene round here or i would have been all over it. it is nill.
i could drive into cleveland but who wants to drive 20 minutes into the flats just to get into a club?

i'm not a big club person either. i prefer something else. the coffee house maybe?

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Is there a dating site on the net for your area?
Like PLENTYOFFISH ?
No pun intended on your name.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
juno...i want a 27-35 year old version of juno

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Bookstore cafes.

Yep. That's the ticket. Try to mill around the philosophy section every so often....maybe stray into the Ayn Rand area once in a while.

That's where we hang.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
Bookstore cafes.

Yep. That's the ticket. Try to mill around the philosophy section every so often....maybe stray into the Ayn Rand area once in a while.

That's where we hang.

i am going to wait till next week but i think i am going to start spending a little bit of time at borders. they have a cafe there so i can just kinda chill, have sone coffee and read.
maybe something will break open....even just a friendship would be nice

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Best of luck to you!

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

thank you...i think i am getting over the sorry for myself phase and feel like i am ready to get back on the horse.
i am not looking for lasting love but i would love to find a companion. i think the bookstore is the perfect place to look

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
My bet to find "quirky" women is in quirky places. The Greyhound bus station comes to mind. But usually the women you find in the bus station are a bit beyond "quirky;" but be that as it may, one of my favorite haunts is the local Starbucks and the Alternative health food Market.

But lately I'm finding a lot of "quirky" women on the job. Being a background/extra/standin for the movies does have benefits besides the money
and being able to hang around with famous people. The sets are literally crawling with pretty wannabe starlets.

[edit on 25-12-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

the bus station might have quirky girls but not the kind of quirky i am looking for.
like i said. i am looking for a 27-35 year old juno macguff. that would be perfect for me.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Like PLENTYOFFISH ?

Yeah, I was thinking of that date site because the OP's 'ATS' username has the word 'fish'. So perhaps meet your 'quirky' girl somewhere related to water, like the beach or swimming pool, or as your name implies, the fish market!

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Like PLENTYOFFISH ?

there is actually a site called just that. i signed up last night and am just waiting for some replys

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Bookstores are my 1st choice.After that, if you're near a major airport, find out which hotels the airline crews stay at and hang around the lounge, especially if a band is playing. Stewardesses are among the most quirky on the planet. Also check out bars near a major hospital. I rate nurses next to stews.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
check. it. out.

Sci - Fi Conventions By Region

something in your area, perhaps?

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
i am having good luck with that plentyoffish site..there is a gang of girls from my area...

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
In the bookstore, go to the gaming/manga type section.

Hot Topic

Any Sci-Fi conventions in your area...

If you have a gaming style bookstore (often a comics store too), then there you go...

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by thing fish

where would you meet that 'quirky' kinda girl.

the aspergers support group. seriously I'm serious.

it will start like this

you'll find yourself doing this

and it'll end with :bnghd:

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I say I have to agree with:

- Bookstores - Philosophy Sections/Political/Music Sections (some of us like Politics)
- CoffeeShops
- Healthfood Store/Fresh Markets
- Concerts... But not the BIG-Name Concerts. The local bands that are trying to get known - usually there are some of us there too...

(I don't think I'm "quirky" but if i was - this is where I'd hang out).

- Carrot

[edit on 1/24/2009 by CA_Orot]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
We are everywhere!

The best way I find to meet new people is through friends. Online too, but that can be messy.

I think you should just go about your life. Metting someone special tends only to happen when you're not expecting it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join