It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is it possible to love after previous love?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
do you think it is possible?
see i am recently divorced and i have been wondering this. it feels like i will never find a woman who loved me like my wife and more important i feel like i will never be able to love someone as much...

i mean if it can't be the best relationship then what is the point? if love is not a possibility what is the point at even trying a relationship?

my head is still very much spun after going through all this.

thanks for your replies

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
My answer is yes you can and probably will love again. The odds are in your favor for this.

I'm assuming the divorce was initiated by your former wife. Letting go of the past and all the broken dreams is difficult. It's a process. It doesn't happen all at once. You have a few priorities right now.

1. Believe that these feelings will pass and that you will love again.
2. Take care of yourself.

I suggest joining a gym, eating right, and perfecting your grooming habits. Look the best you can with what you have been given to work with. Keep positive and guard your heart from feelings of anger, bitterness, or vengeance. Pursue kindness, patience, humility, and other divine qualities.

There is light at the end of the tunnel. All things work for the good of those that love god.

Take care bro!

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
It is a Yes/No answer! There are a few questions you need to ask yourself?

Do you want to found love?
If so, do not just go after the first one. Make it someone that you really can get along with. Cause I know people that get out of one and get into another one to forget the last one. Dont be like that cause it wont work out either.
Find someone that you like to hang out with. Go to the Movies or out to eat with someone you have feeling for. Even if it is a fast food dinner.

all i am saying is only YOU can answer it. You can keep pushing forward or stop were you are.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Yes it is possible to love again. I must say I am surprised that you and your wife divorced. I thought all was beautiful between you two.

I do understand because it's happened to me also. It was like the earth fell out from under me.

My suggestion is that you start looking outside of yourself and your problems. Create some positive attitudes. Stop the woe is me I'm in pain and my life sucks rhetoric. You will be hard pressed to find the love of your life if you are in a negative spirit.

I am a straight shooter and tell it like I see it. If I have offended you I apologize. I believe you will get better results if you amend your attitude.

I wish you luck in finding your new companion.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I do think it's possible to love again, but it does take a great deal of personal healing and an open mind. I know a lot of people that try to find love after ending a long relationship and they begin to compare everyone they meet to their previous lover. I warn you against this just like I warn them.

You have to look within yourself and decide if you WANT to love again and then accept that a new person will never have the "same" love. There's a high chance you will find someone new, but I just would like to remind you that it does take time for these feelings to foster and grow.

Hope you find what you're looking for.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
i think love is one of those thing that you get out of it what you put into it.

chances are, if you dont really want to be in a relationship, or if you want a particular relationship you can have, then its going to be hard to find love.

new topics

top topics

join