It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montauk Project whats your opinion?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

That's ok, bro,
I'm quite opinionated and quick to fly off the handle. This process extroverts every 28 days.

Thank you for the quick and polite clarification. I appologize for any offence.

Ciao! Check back in with you Montaukers later!

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a close friend of mind met an elderly gentelmen who what station at camp hero when it was active in the late 30s. he built the radar tower and all the tunnels and was in them when they were open. the tunnels have two main access shafts the you can access all the levels of tunnels. the tunnels go down 200 feet underground. the cliffs at montauk are 60 feet 140 feet of those tunnels is under the water level. there are 8-9 levels of tunnels there a few of the lower levels are flooded. i know where the two access shafts are and are preparing to start exploring once i have the necessary equipment. i warn you not to go looking for the tunnels, 30 years of non-maintenance and water damage along with the potential for both asbestos and led poisoning in the water in the tunnels would be a fatal combination for any who enter...

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98
I'm currently reading the book The Montauk Project: Experiments in Time. and having a very difficult time believing any of what the author claims occurred. I have always been intrigued by the story of the Philadelphia Experiment and felt that there was at least some truth to that story and possible credible witnesses to it. But some of the claims from Montauk just seem like someone got lost in a science fiction book. I'm always intrigued by the real life stories of esoteric experiments at top secret bases but its easier for me to consider the validity of a underground base at Dulce stories than this "project". Did it happen and is there any truth to the supposed experiments? What’s your opinions?

nazis, aliens, mind control, extra dimensions, monsters, time travel, ghosts...ect almost surprised they didn’t conjure up Santa Claus or the Easter bunny in these all encompassing experiments. seems like they about wrapped up the whole paranormal phenomena which makes me highly skeptical and curious why so many people continue to discuss this topic.

[edit on 23-12-2008 by hiii_98]

If you want the truth watch youtube videos on david

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Back in 2005, I was an avid believer in the Camp Hero (Montauk) stuff, because at the time the Government was stating that it was a national park but yet would not allow anyone to visit. That eventually changed and you can now visit Camp Hero (with the exception of the RADAR tower and the underground tunnels).

When they opened up Camp Hero to the public, a lot of my suspicions and beliefs evaporated since many of them were based on this.

The ATS lead admin, William One Sac, has an excellent site with numerous pictures of his exploration of Camp Hero that you might find interesting:

subversiveelement.com - Camp Hero

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Folks, I started a thread with my opinions on Montauk, which was inspired by the excellent discussion going on here. Someone suggested that I come back here and ask that some of you visit my thread to add your $.02. Though I now see that the two threads are almost the same in scope and purpose, it is just a matter of making sure that people who view each one also view the other and share anything they may have.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I just finished reading the book on Montauk also and think that there's some truth in there but some of it is surely pure science fiction. Now, people claim to see ghosts, UFO's etc and we all have our own beliefs on certain phenomena and do our own research.

What some might consider a controversial claim broadly speaking is that the government has UFO technology / contact in area 51 or A N Other facility. What the Montauk project talks of is leading on from the Philly project and not only making objects invisible but manifesting objects out of thin air, travelling through time and space, projects involving various ET species, pulling souls out of bodies and then placing them in another body, kidnapping thousands of children and throwing them down time portals etc. Now, I would love for this to be definitively proven beyond doubt as surely would be the mother of all coverups if it is true would it not and make all other conspiracies seem meek to say the least!

The early part of the book is more then plausible when they discuss experimentation in mind control early on in the project and that Preston Nicholls mind was effectively wiped at the close of the project and that he was implanted with an alternative memory / also living on an alternative timeline which kind of got me thinking.

I am sure mind control has been cornered / perfected by the US government so with other people saying how do I get a job at area 51 etc or why do so few people come forward saying "I worked at X facility and this is what is really happening there". Had anyone considered that the people working on these types of projects are realistically being subjected to some kind of mind control possibly with techniques from Montauk???

If someone was to speak out / come forward with definitive proof of some type of coverup, what's likely to happen to them? Will they be banged up and the key gets thrown away? Would there be the possibility that they get assassinated? Maybe, but for some truely disillusioned or with an overwhelming sense of having to share the truth, this probably wouldn't even deter them so would mind control of workers who have been working on highly sensitive projects be more realistic and that way, the chances of someone speaking out are very minimal at best and possibly why there is a lack of people speaking out? If Preston Nicholls claims of being the project director at Montauk are correct, if they mind control at the highest levels, there would be no hesitation to anyone working on these types of projects.

On a side note to this all. If the claims of Montauk are true i.e the monster being manifested and destroying the project and all the project staff then having their minds wiped as a result thus "ending" the Montauk project, surely the government is not going to throw away something this "valuable" in relation to time / space travel etc so where is the new Montauk project taking place then?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I don't believe the story. It's elaborate in scope and would have made a good early draft for an Indiana Jones movie. Much like the Philadelphia Experiment, it's almost wholly based on the account of one man. Subsequently, guys have appeared to support and add to the story. Unsurprisingly, they bring nothing that can be substantiated.

These stories usually have a small clique of people from the book circuit that use each other for reference and support. "Bob said.." and "John said..." takes on this reality that is superficial and falls apart when independent evidence is requested. Wikipedia isn't the holy grail of accurate information, but it's useful in this case. Look at the 'further reading' and 'external sources' on the Montauk Project page. Not a lot of names there is there? Same names repeated.

Conmen, hucksters, hoaxers and the self-deluded. Dulce Alien Bases? Again just one man with a good way of talking and no evidence. Same patterns, same elaborate tales that grow and develop into the fabric of some illusional reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join