It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head of Fund Invested in Madoff Is Found Dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Head of Fund Invested in Madoff Is Found Dead

dealbook.blogs.nytimes.com

Rene-Thierry Magon de la Villehuchet, a founder of the hedge fund Access International Advisors, was found dead early Tuesday in his office in Manhattan, the French business daily La Tribune reported on its Web site, after losing as much as $1.4 billion that had been invested with Bernard L. Madoff, the money manager accused of running a $50 billion Ponzi scheme. Mr. de la Villehuchet, 65, committed suicide, La Tribune said, citing a someone close to Mr. de la Villehuchet.
(visit the link for the full news article)

====
Mod Edit: fixed title to reflect original article

[edit on 12/23/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Would this just be the tip of the iceberg in this case? I think we are going to start seeing more of this because is unbelievable IMO that just one person could pull this scam off.

We just got to keep count off how many of this "suicides" happen of people connected to this case. Probably by the time this case goes to trial all people who could have relevant information would be dead.

dealbook.blogs.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

====
Mod Edit: fixed link, title

[edit on 12/23/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
It's about time! More of these criminals need to fall on their swords. I wouldn't walk down Wall Street these days without a titanium umbrella to ward off falling debris(bodies).

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by scottsquared

I leaked some vanilla coke outta my nose on that one!

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by scottsquared

I think you're mistaken. This is one of Madoff's victims. He was invested in Madoff's fund and lost 1.4B of his client's money. But yea, we probably will see more of this.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I am wondering how this man could slit both wrists. From what I've heard, that is quite a feat. Slitting the first wrist generally disables it; to cut deep enough to get the artery requires cutting through the tendons and ligaments that control use of the hand. To be able to use that hand to hold a box cutter and slit the other wrist would be difficult, if not impossible, from what I understand.

The sleeping pills might have been used to render the man unconscious, but it is possible, in my mind, that someone else slit his wrists to make it look like a suicide.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Round em all up now and lock em up... Then release each one as and when they are found innocent!! Can't have em all killing them selves - we need some left for the public executions!

(I should rule the world)

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The first of a long...very long...practically w/o end (oh my god !%?)...are we even at the end... not even close... *Jesus, this hole is deep.... list....i said "list"... hmm yeah you said so but it won't stop now...

R.I.P to this guy though, a very sad (i'm unsure about the "very") collateral effect of Mr Bernard L. "the devil personnified" Madoff.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
If I remember correctly, HSBC also lost about $2Billion as well and an HSBC manager of some description was found hanged, naked in a closet in a 5 star hotel in London last week.

I Don't know if he was connected in any way with the Maddoff dealings but if he was then maybe some others might be getting a bit twitchy.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

was it an assisted suicide?

makes you wonder

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
I am wondering how this man could slit both wrists. From what I've heard, that is quite a feat. Slitting the first wrist generally disables it; to cut deep enough to get the artery requires cutting through the tendons and ligaments that control use of the hand. To be able to use that hand to hold a box cutter and slit the other wrist would be difficult, if not impossible, from what I understand.

The sleeping pills might have been used to render the man unconscious, but it is possible, in my mind, that someone else slit his wrists to make it look like a suicide.

Or maybe the first cut wasnt that deep, so he went for the other wrist.

Sad. Sad. Sad.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
You assume that he slit his wrist by cutting across the wrist. If you cut own down the middle of your wrist you can slice through several veins and arteries while missing most of your tendons and still be able to slice your other wrist. This also makes it much more difficult for the blood to congeal and more difficult to be saved if you are discovered before you bleed to death.

I have a feeling that a lot of people poured cash that wasn't theirs into this scheme on purpose thinking they could get filthy rich. You'll probably see many more suicides because of this scam.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Pfeil

Good points on both the slash method (hadn't though of that), and the speculation on how many fund managers and investors out there have dirty money to cover or hidden backers placing a premium on return of funds.

I still think there would be significant damage even from a vertical slash, but maybe not enough to disable the hand. I don't doubt this isn't the last death we see connected to the swindle. Swindlers don't like getting swindled.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
It's time for the CEO's of Goldman, Citi, Fannie, Freddie, Lehman, etc. to follow his lead!

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Sounds painful. I doubt he was able to inflict all those wounds himself. But then again, I guess it depends how deep the first wounds were. As stated before, you lose all function of hand use upon slicing through tendons, arteries..ect (I've also seen suicide pictures in mass quantities of both wrists slit very deeply so...who knows? Maybe he had the blade propped up against somethin?)

Can't wait to see what the autopsy report brings up.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Yeah... suicide...
I always wonder about the suicides that say things like, "He shot himself three times in the back of the head" or, the perenially favorite, "He stabbed himself 34 times". Yeah, he was probably "suicided".

top topics

join