It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama wants Bush war team to stay

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

Yes, I agree with the decision. It was the smart thing to do. Much better than naming Wesley Clark, which I think was his first choice.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
okay, wait. does this mean that obama DOESN'T want to take the troops out of iraq, and that he may want to send more over!?

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MidNight sun

Well, Obama's campaign rhetoric is hollow since Bush signed the withdrawal agreement with Maliki. The only thing left to bargain was the timeline, and this is where Obama has wised up and listened to Gates.

Of course, any thinking individual would have known that that was the way things would turn out. But *some* aging hippies ( and we're all aging hippies, above a certain age
), bought his line hook, line, and sinker, and expected the troops home by Jan. 21, '09.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidNight sun
okay, wait. does this mean that obama DOESN'T want to take the troops out of iraq, and that he may want to send more over!?

Not at all. Where did you get that? Obama still wants to withdraw all combat troops from Iraq in 16 months. It may or it may not work out exactly as he wants it to, but that's been his position all along. It hasn't changed.

He does want to send troops to Afghanistan (he has said this all along, too).

Originally posted by jsobecky
But *some* aging hippies ( and we're all aging hippies, above a certain age
), bought his line hook, line, and sinker, and expected the troops home by Jan. 21, '09.

I don't know of ANYBODY who thought that. ANYBODY! The aging hippies you know must be ignorant or deaf or both.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Just an opinion here, but something sure seems awfully weird about this incomming administration.

Seems to me like its almost a mirror of whats going out...only different in appearance and delivery.

Oh well, I voted none of the above.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 23-12-2008 by RFBurns]

Well, one thing's for sure, it's "change" that we can all agree on. Obama surprises me from time to time - his pick of minister to lead the prayer at his swearing in, some of his cabinet picks, his blatant thumbing of the nose at members of his own party on some issues - a very odd person, indeed. It should be an interesting four years, possibly eight, if nothing else. I just hope it's not four worse years of the nation's present state.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I believe its just gonna continue to get worse. Just because he is Barack Obama doesnt mean hes gonna change a thing. It wont be the change your all thinking of hahahaha.

Maybe im wrong but i believe the next 4 yrs and maybe more there will be the collapse of US Federal Government Financies sometime probably mid 2009. These bailouts are just a bandaid honestly and how knows where that money is going. I heard lavish parties, CEO bonues, vacations so yea we are #ed.

Jan 20, 2009 its Obamas fault from there on out not Bushes. OBama was supposed to change the world with all these ideas and plans they are just to far fetched and impossible.

Talk with Terrorist Groups when we said we wouldnt
Magically fix the economy when he is sworn in.
Return troops from Iraq and put them in Afganistan
blah blah blah blah

Man people believe that Obama is going pay there bills for them. It wont happen TRUST ME ON THAT!

He vacationed in Hawaii in a Multi million dollar home while people freeze in the Northeast without power.

Hes supposed to change the world, but doesnt lift a finger to even help and not the current Admin isnt either before I get hounded on that.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I don't know of ANYBODY who thought that. ANYBODY! The aging hippies you know must be ignorant or deaf or both.

Very unkind of you, BH.

The fact is, Obama sold it to the crowd as if he were the only one in favor of troop withdrawal. He was ignorant and naive of the happenings already in the pipeline, as were his minions. They bought it as "real change that you can believe in".

Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Very unkind of you, BH.

Not at all. If someone actually thinks they heard that, they were either unaware of what he REALLY said (ignorant) or weren't hearing right (deaf).

The fact is, Obama sold it to the crowd as if he were the only one in favor of troop withdrawal.

What crowd? When? Where? Do you have a link for that? Because I have NEVER, not ONE time, heard him say that he'd bring the troops home on Jan 21st. And I listened to him a lot.

[edit on 24-12-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Very unkind of you, BH.

Not at all. If someone actually thinks they heard that, they were either unaware of what he REALLY said (ignorant) or weren't hearing right (deaf).

Your passionate ardor for Obama is turning you into someone that few people want to know, BH. It's to the point where you even take offense at simple attempts at humor.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Please stay on the topic of this thread and not the topic of each other.

Obama wants Bush war team to stay

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join