It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If homosexuality is such a terrible sin, why is it not in the ten commandments?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Did you *choose* to find woman attractive or was it biological and inate?..did you think hmmm that guy looks sexy,but so does that woman,i'll have to choose and make a choice, no? didn't think so....

[edit on 23-12-2008 by Solomons]

Yes, isn't it funny how it was not a choice for them, but for me it is?

None of you heterosexuals know what it is like to be homosexual. I can't tell you the many nights growing up that I fell asleep in tears asking for God to "change" me. Well, as a grown man now, I'm glad he didn't.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretstash
But we could be classified as abominations at least once a month!

Yes you can. And are not to be in temple at that time.

Don't forget that women are also property of men. I bet you like that one too?

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Oh, no see I never said that I wasn't a sinner. I am a horrible sinner. I was just showing the OP that there are references against homosexuality in the Bible. I hold no grudges against anybody for their sins because I am not guiltless.

Yeah, I have issues with that whole property thing.....

[edit on 12/23/2008 by secretstash]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by secretstash

I didn't mean to imply that you were. I know my last post kind of sounded that way but that was not my intent.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

No problem, I just didn't want anyone here to think that I thought I was above anyone else, cause believe me I'm not.

Of course at the end of the day, the world is not perfect and we can't fix it here. I have seriously considered taking over the world but then I watch Pinky and the Brain and realise that resistance is futile.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Griff

No problem, I just didn't want anyone here to think that I thought I was above anyone else, cause believe me I'm not.

Of course at the end of the day, the world is not perfect and we can't fix it here. I have seriously considered taking over the world but then I watch Pinky and the Brain and realise that resistance is futile.

Play neverwinter nights 2? you can take over my world anyday sweetie

oh thats bad...i can see some editing in the future.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Wow, I have never had a thread take off like this.

First of to Kinglizard and the guy from page 1,
i did not say that I though that all christians were like this. Many aren't. However, it's often the spokespeople for the Christian/Evangelical/Catholic church that vehemently condemn homosexuality and call it the worst of man's problems. So it is like an unofficial official policy.

And by the way, I have never made a thread about homosexuality before.

Moving on my idea with this thread is not that there isn't some claim to the Bible saying that homosexuality isn't a sin, but that it doesn't deserve the preoccupation many people give it.

Personalyl I think those verses are more a condemnation of preomiscuity within a certain culture (Egypt, Rome,) than they are specifically homosexual behavior. Promiscuity and homosexuality do not necesarily go hand in hand, though.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons

reply to post by Griff

Play neverwinter nights 2? you can take over my world anyday sweetie

oh thats bad...i can see some editing in the future.

Too late! I got it quoted,
Future blackmail material!

And just to stay on topic, I am sure there is a sin in here somewhere.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

BEING GAY IS NOT A SIN. Performing gays acts is a sin because it does not propogate the species. The species dies. That is a sin. God said, "be fruitful and multiply." When we act in ways that goes against what God says he is offended, making it a sin.

Let's see. Hmmm. When the world is full and resources scarce, performing heterosexual acts is a sin because it threatens the human population. Oh, and being heterosexual is not a sin.

Bad logic right? Yep, that's how your logic is. Get your head out of the bible.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
reply to post by asmeone2

That includes Gays. Homosexuality is NOT A SIN as the Pope JUST SAID.

BEING GAY IS NOT A SIN.

Performing gays acts is a sin because it does not propogate the species. The species dies. That is a sin.

I really don't understand your logic.

In the first place it only works if EVERYONE is gay, which is not the case.

Most people are straight. Many people are bisexual. The species would still propagate.

Why would God make someone homosexual in the first place and then command them not to act on the logic?

Also, what about bisexuals? Do they get off the hook if they shack up with a guy and a gal and still repreduce?

And what about infertile individuals? They can't do anything to make themselves fertile any more than one can choose his orientation. (I mean actually change it--not just choose not to act on it.) Are they sinning too?

What about people who never have children? Are they sinful because they do not propegate the species?

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
its covered in the 10th one:

Exodus 20:17, KJV

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbor's.

all the best.

I just laughed my you-know-what off.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Not propagating is not a sin. Was that a double negative? Anyway, delving into the science of genitically modfied children is entirely off the subject. The OP asked why homosexuals were not in the top 10. I don't know why it didn't make the top 10, perhaps it was number 11 on the list and they didn't have room on the stone tablets. Regardless, there is scripture supporting that it is a sin.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I don't know why it didn't make the top 10, perhaps it was number 11 on the list and they didn't have room on the stone tablets.

"The Lord Jehovah has given unto you these fifteen...” (whereupon he drops one of the tablets, which promptly shatters) “Oy...Ten! Ten Commandments! For all to obey!”

Classic.

[edit on 12/23/2008 by Griff]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

your humor was not lost on me, it was greatly appreciated in a thread that at the end of the day, will not resolve.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

\
I can't help but wonder what the other 4 were

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
technically, sexual sins fall under the 6th commandment which is to not commit adultery

sex outside a marriage union is forbidden. period.

the only union blessed by god himself in the bible is between a man an woman.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Ha!
I love Mel Brooks, classic!.

Thanks for the vid asmeone2.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by secretstash

Regardless, there is scripture supporting that it is a sin.

Nope. Try again. Been covered many times. The Bible DOES NOT condemn homosexuality. Read the Bible again.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
Nope. Try again. Been covered many times. The Bible DOES NOT condemn homosexuality. Read the Bible again.

lol i like that...

sounds like an an evolution discussion, ¨its already proven and you cant argue so... there.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Ok, did you miss all of my other posts? Leviticus 18:22 states that "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

Abomination = sin

That translates to men shall not lie with men as they lie with women and vice versa.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join