It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If homosexuality is such a terrible sin, why is it not in the ten commandments?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

covet, after a quick search means to wish, long or crave.
Like all religion, it depends how you interpret the words.

What you have just quoted could also have meaning as in to steel, thieve from.
ie, you don't desire, go out and work or earn it.

Again it's all in the interpretation.

Well thats my two pence.

Again, just my thoughts, I could be and have been wrong before.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by colec156

He was joking.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Rcwj75, don't worry, for the Bible specifically addresses "homosexuality/lesbianism."

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them hath committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." (Leviticus 20:13) (Also read Genesis chapters 18 - 20, and Romans chapter 1). ~ King James Version

The Bible also covered "Bestiality/Beastility."

"And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto, thou shalt kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." (Leviticus 20:16) ~ King James Version

God covered everything is His Word!

~ Lonelypoet

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Lonelypoet

I have to say that your rhetoric sounds alot like a poster that was banned. Im thinking that LonleyPoet = Lastday Prophet.

I could be wrong but the modus operandi is the same, quote the bible to make a point, then when anyone argues the point, quote the bible some more and claim you won because you believe in Dog. Classic.

If it is you welcome back, your posts were always worth a giggle for the pure fanatic ramblings they were famous for.

If it isnt you then welcome to the boards anyhoo, you should try actually saying something that you have thought up yourself though, and not just regurgitate the words of the Babble in your posts.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Loon, sorry, but you are wrong, for I am "not" that other dude. And, I did think up those words myself. LOL!!!!

If you would take those Q-Tips out of your nose, then you might be able to think more clearly, and wouldn't jump to such judgemental conclusions!

~ Lonelypoet

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Rape,child molesting, arson, vandalisim, buring the bible and whiping jesus are not listed in the ten. love your neighbor does not say you cant love him with your mouth below the waist.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Young Stalin, let's see. If you are a follower of Stalin and his teachings, then that implies that you are an atheist, or agnostic, which answers as to why you made such an uneducated observation.

Jesus said that there were two great commandments, and they are to one, love God with all your heart, soul and mind, and two, to love your neighbor as yourself, for "On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." (Matthew 22:37-40) ~ King James Version

So, if we follow God and do all He says, plus love our neighbor as we would want to be treated, then do you think we would rape, commit arson, molest children, or any of those other sins that you mentioned? I should think not, for they are all sins against mankind, and against God! So, if we love God, and our fellow man, then it would automatically follow that we would do none of those other things, understand?

~ Lonelypoet

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Weren't the ten commandments just conveniently borrowed from the Egyptian book of the dead.....who in turn just 'borrrowed' them from the Mesopotamians?

BIBLE

Have no other gods before me

Make no idols

Do not misuse the name of God

Keep the Sabbath holy

Honor your mother and father

Do not kill

Do not commit adultery

Do not steal

Do not lie

Do not covet another’s property

BOOK OF THE DEAD

I do not tamper with divine balance

I stop not a god when he comes forth

I do not offend the god who is at the helm

(Egyptians had no Sabbath)

I do not harm my kinsmen

I do not kill

I am not an adulterer

I do not rob

I do not tell lies instead of truth

I do no wrong or mischief to others

The Mesopotamian Hammurabi's code is also very similar:
en.wikipedia.org...

As for mindlessly following instructions,doesn't abrahamic lore also
command acolytes to murder:

Adulterers

Non beleivers

Slaves

Unruly teenagers

Homosexuals

Sabbath workers

People who do not listen to priests

People who attempt to dissuade 'true beleivers' away from their religion

If the abrahamic mythologies are so perfect then why don't beleivers also unquestioningly follow these instructions?

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
its covered in the 10th one:

Exodus 20:17, KJV

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbor's.

all the best.

wrong.

covet: to desire wrongfully, inordinately, or without due regard for the rights of others.

how can this law be twisted to condemn homosexuality? because it mentions manservant? if this is the original wording, then it implies ownership of a human. the manservant is treated as property, ie: slavery

i believe your god's word for sexual intercourse is fornication. nowhere in your law is it mentioned.

hmm, a god that takes slavery into consideration...i believe this is not a god i would choose to follow.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by Kat77]

[edit on 8-1-2009 by Kat77]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Kat77

hmmm...wouldn't let me edit into my post some more thoughts...

your god is testing my patience.

not only does this law imply that a man can own slaves, but that his wife is also his property!

and since he doesn't mention fornication anywhere in his laws, i guess that means he doesn't care where man puts his member.

life is becoming increasingly ludicrous the more i hang around these forums and get into the minds of my fellow humans.

let's get a grip and try and figure out why we're so stupid. haha

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

This is true, only if you believe our only purpose is to procreate. Which I hope is not true. I am not gay, but love is love is it not?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
It is in the Ten commandments. You shall not covet your neighbors wife or your neighbors house and honor your mother and your father.

Although you cannot see because of the darkness of this world. Your hardcore Gay lover, is in reality your mother or daughter, for girls, or your father or son, for boys.

And your longterm hardcore Gay love relationship deprives a women from her husband and a man from his wife.

The darkness is a real SOB, how's that for Knowledge?

Show me a gay man or woman and I'll show you a person who has issue with a parent. The gay love is a surrogate for something you are missing in life.

[edit on 9-1-2009 by huckfinn]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Amen, HuckFinn, you are so right! Most, if not all gays have an issue with a parent, and never knew one who didn't.

Also, says that the Commandments do not mention "fornication," therefore God does not care where a man puts his member. Well, the 10 Commandments says, "Thou shalt not commit adultery." (Exodus 20:14, King James Version).

This part is for "Kat." Adultery is fornication. Fornication covers "any" illicit sexual act, a man with another man's wife is fornication, a man with an animal is fornication(because it is illicit sex). So then, what is adultery? Adultery is fornication, but, in the case of adultery, there is at least one of the persons involved is married. If a married man has sex with "another woman," then that is adultery. If a married woman has sex with "another man," then that is adultery. If a married man has sex with another woman who is also married, then that is adultery! All adultery is fornication(because adultery is illicit sex), but, not all fornication is adultery.

That is why a man should not "covet" his neighbor's wife, because if he does, then he could easily end up having sex with her, which is fornication, which is also adultery(because she is married to "another").

Kat, I hope this clears things up for you?

~ Lonelypoet

reply to post by huckfinn

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Kat, since you like to quote the King James, then read this verse, spoken by God to Moses......

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them hath committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." (Leviticus 20:13, King James Version).

I love the King James, too, because it is so plain and poetic! Kath, the Bible plainly "condemns" homosexuality and lesbianism. He destroyed Sodom and Gommorah because of it! Where do you think that our term "sodomy" comes from? It comes from "SODOM," where the "Sodomites"(Gays) were boinking each other in the butts and God was so enraged that He sent down fire from Heaven and turned them into toast. Just read Genesis chapters 18 and 19 out of your trusty King James, Kat, and you will see God's attitude towards gays!

~ Lonelypoet

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
One more thing! I know that there will be those who will say, "You serve a mean and hateful God, so I want no part of him." Or, "Your God is not loving." Well, to nip all of that garbage in the bud, read this, and meditate.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." (John 3:16, 17)

"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to usward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." (II Peter 3:9)

If the gays "repent," then God will forgive them. But, they must change their "lifestyle." If they don't, then I pity them.

~ Lonelypoet

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Show me a gay man or woman and I'll show you a person who has issue with a parent. The gay love is a surrogate for something you are missing in life.

Have to disagree with you on that one.
I know a few people that 'bat for the other side' and on the whole they're quite well balanced,compassionate individuals (a lot better behaved than some overtly religious folk I know).
Sounds a bit like religious propaganda and/or wilfull ignorance to me.

If your opinion is correct then wouldn't 'everybody' who had a traumatic childhood be homosexual?

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Have to disagree with you on that one.
I know a few people that 'bat for the other side' and on the whole they're quite well balanced,compassionate individuals (a lot better behaved than some overtly religious folk I know).
Sounds a bit like religious propaganda and/or wilfull ignorance to me.

If your opinion is correct then wouldn't 'everybody' who had a traumatic childhood be homosexual?

I know a lot of people who play well balanced and compassionate people in public who are total pychopaths in private.

The OP just asked why a prohibition against homosexuality is not in the 10 commandments, i provided an interpretation that it is.

If your opinion is correct, all people handle their personal issues in the same manner.

I don't doubt that what the homos feel is genuine love for one another. I just happen to know that in the darkness not everything is what it seems. and your behavior and refusal to accept its root cause could keep you from what you really desire.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Nobody is here to judge.

So the god of your bible only speaks to married couples. so, sex between an old man and a baby girl would be ok if neither is married?

Illicit sex is whatever is looked down on in society. The god of the bible didn't address it all.

Gay people are part of our lives. They are people we love and are connected to. They contribute to society. They just happen to feel a deeper connection to members of the same sex. They are no different or less capable than anyone else.

This is a diversion perpetrated on the masses to confuse and lead in the wrong direction...the walls are starting to crumble.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kat77

No doubt, I don't feel to strongly about the homos either way. Just wanted to make a point. I know it can be difficult. In Jesus's time the closest person to his spiritual partner was Judas. It can be difficult and confusing to deal with your wife having a penis..

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
i got a u2u from a banned poster who opened up his/her bible and attempted to forward a convoluted interpretation that may or may not be what the writers of said bible had in mind.

This may be off topic, but the confusion and many different interpretations of what the bible says has caused more harm than good, imo.

my reply to him/her:

please find god outside of the bible. there is much deception going on that has been going on since the beginning of civilization.

no god in his right mind would have allowed what we as a people have created in his name. ie: israel, chosen people, manifest destiny, righteous war

[edit on 11-1-2009 by Kat77]

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join