It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merry Christmas from a Marine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I felt like I had to share this. The first sentence is a comment from my brother who spent 20 years in the Air Force serving our country. Thank you my brother.
Muundoggie

Don't know if this is true or not and don't care because it's basically what I experienced when deployed in this part of the world in 1972.

Merry Christmas Saucy Jack

The straight scoop

Marines seem to tell-it-all the best!! These types of guys make our lives livable here at home. God bless the American riflemen!!!

Subject: From the Sand Pit

Here is a US Marine who is not afraid to tell it like it is..Political Correctness doesn't mean beans to this tough young warrior.

From a Recon Marine in Afghanistan

It's freezing here. I'm sitting on hard, cold dirt between rocks and shrubs at the base of the Hindu Kush Mountains along the Dar 'yoi Pomir River watching a hole that leads to a tunnel that leads to a cave. Stake out, my friend, and no pizza delivery for thousands of miles.

I also glance at the area around my ass every ten to fifteen seconds to avoid another scorpion sting. I've actually given up battling the chiggers and sand fleas, but them scorpions give a jolt like a cattle
prod. Hurts like a bastard. The antidote tastes like transmission fluid
but God bless the Marine Corps for the five vials of it in my pack.

The one truth the Taliban cannot escape is that, believe it or not, they are human beings, which means they have to eat food and drink water. That requires couriers and that's where an old bounty hunter like me comes in handy. I track the couriers, locate the tunnel entrances and storage facilities, type the info into the handheld, shoot the coordinates up to the satellite link that tells the air commanders where to drop the hardware, we bash some heads for a while, then I track and record the new movement.

It's all about intelligence. We haven't even brought in the snipers yet.
These scurrying rats have no idea what they're in for. We are but days away from cutting off supply lines and allowing the eradication to begin.

I dream of bin Laden waking up to find me standing over him with my boot on his throat as I spit into his face and plunge my nickel plated Bowie knife through his frontal lobe. But you know me. I'm a romantic. I've said it before and I'll say it again: This country blows, man. It's not even a country. There are no roads, there's no infrastructure, there's no government. This is an inhospitable, rock pit sh*t hole ruled by eleventh century warring tribes. There are no jobs here like we know jobs.

Afghanistan offers two ways for a man to support his family: join the
opium trade or join the army. That's it. Those are your options. Oh, I
forgot, you can also live in a refugee camp and eat plum-sweetened,
crushed beetle paste and squirt mud like a goose with stomach flu if
that's your idea of a party. But the smell alone of those 'tent cities of the walking dead' is enough to hurl you into the poppy fields to cheerfully scrape bulbs for eighteen hours a day.

I've been living with these Tajiks and Uzbeks and Turkmen and even a couple of Pushtins for over a month and a half now and this much I can say for sure: These guys, all of 'em, are Huns...actual, living Huns. They LIVE to fight, and that's what they do. It's ALL they do. They have no respect for anything, not for their families or for each other or for themselves.

They claw at one another as a way of life. They play polo with dead calves and force their five-year-old sons into human cockfights to defend the family honor. Huns, roaming packs of savage, heartless beasts who feed on each other's barbarism. Cavemen with AK 47's. Then again, maybe I'm just cranky.

I'm freezing my ass off on this stupid hill because my lap warmer is
running out of juice, and I can't recharge it until the sun comes up in a
few hours Oh yeah! You like to write letters, right? Do me a favor, Bizarre. Write a letter to CNN and tell Wolf and Anderson and that awful, sneering, pompous Aaron Brown to stop calling the Taliban 'smart.' They are not smart. I suggest CNN invest in a dictionary because the word they are looking for is 'cunning.' The Taliban are cunning, like jackals and hyenas and wolverines. They are sneaky and ruthless and, when confronted, cowardly. They are hateful, malevolent parasites who create nothing and destroy everything else. Smart. Pfft. Yeah, they're real smart.

They've spent their entire lives reading only one book (and not a very good one, as books go) and consider hygiene and indoor plumbing to be products of the devil. They're still figuring out how to work a Bic lighter. Talking to a Taliban warrior about improving his quality of life is like trying to teach an ape how to hold a pen; eventually he just gets frustrated and sticks you in the eye with it.

OK, enough. Snuffle will be up soon so I have to get back to my hole. Covering my tracks in the snow takes a lot of practice but I'm good at it. Please, I tell you and my fellow Americans to turn off the TV sets and move on with your lives.

The story line you are getting from CNN and other news agencies, is utter bullsh*t and designed not to deliver truth but rather to keep you glued to the screen through the commercials. We've got this one under control. The worst thing you guys can do right now is sit around analyzing what we're doing over here because you have no idea what
we're doing and, really, you don't want to know. We are your military
and we are doing what you sent us here to do.

You wanna help? Buy Bonds America.

Saucy Jack

Recon Marine in Afghanistan
Semper Fi

[edit on 23-12-2008 by Muundoggie]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Love it...

A one sided view of the enemy, but one I jive with...

I did basic at Ft. Sill, OK, and there was a Marine AIT (I think AIT) school attached there, and when we did a morning run and came upon them doing there thing, the DI's would tell us not to even look there way...

You know you are 2nd best when that happens...

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muundoggie
It's freezing here. ....I also glance at the area around my ass every ten to fifteen seconds to avoid another scorpion sting.... them scorpions give a jolt like a cattle
prod. Hurts like a bastard. ... Covering my tracks in the snow takes a lot of practice.....

Ah yes, those vicious cold-weather snow scorpions. They're the worst, you know.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by starviego

What? you don't think there are scorpions in snow?
Arizona is high desert that gets snow and scorpions live there, or what I learned from National Geogrphic is false.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Merry Christmas to you all ! Blessings and warmth

we had once a scorpio in our hotel room, my baby was 3 month, my Ex hubby even (pretended? )did not to know a black scorpio... , i called the receptionist and he only smashed it with saying # # all time...
thats about real men, the blah blahs and so on...

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

....you don't think there are scorpions in snow?

Sure there are. They are the ones covered in a soft fine coat of white fur. The trade in their pelts almost wiped them out back in the early 20th century, before international conventions put tight restrictions on the annual harvest, thank God.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
It's a variation of an email that's been circulating since 2001. Snopes debunked it due to many inconsistancies.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Muundoggie

I hope the Australian special force in Afghanistan are doing ok. There is more news coming from what the American defence is doing in Afghanistan, then what the Australians are doing in Afghanistan. My only knowledge of the Australian special force is all hush! hush! shh! You do not know nothing of what they are doing type of thing...So secret.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bg_socalif
It's a variation of an email that's been circulating since 2001. Snopes debunked it due to many inconsistancies.

Excellent! I knew the story was as mythical as the abominable snow scorpion.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

Ok so the email could be fake. But the scorpions can live in climates other than deserts.

Range & Habitat
Though most prolific and diverse in warm habitat, scorpions have adapted to a wide range of environments, including plains and savannahs, deciduous forests, mountainous pine forests, rain forests and caves. Scorpions have been found at elevations of over 12,000 feet in the Andes Mountains in South America and in the Himalayas of Asia, as well as the Alps. In snowy areas, they hibernate during the cold months of the year. In drought areas they may aestivate (pass the summer in a dormant or torpid state).

top topics

join