It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madoff, Banking Bailout and the Mob?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
The link below reveals the 'current' list of victims. This will have a much larger effect as the dominoes begin to fall from the financial fallout. What is not being discussed, for good reason?, are the $600 TRILLION in 'unrealized' and yet 'unaccounted' for derivative losses incurred by many of the worlds largest banks and financial institutions. These losses will collapse the world's monetary system though this was all by design by the International bankster run NWO scheme for a one world currency and perhaps cashless society where all our financial transactions will be 'accounted' for and controlled. The regulatory authorities desire the ability to 'debit' ones account for uncollected taxes and other associated fees.

I have never seen what I'm going to mention next, posted anywhere though it is of extreme importance. Most financial and US govt. institutions are monitored/controlled by Kastle Systems Security Kastle Systems of which is secretly run/controlled by the International bankster run NWO architects (Bilderberg Group, CFR and other secret societies all tied to together in a complicted web of fraud based on Machiavelian principles). This must occur if the 'people' of the world is to truely 'see' the 'fiat' monetary system as it as it is, a gigantic Ponzi scheme of Tsunamic proportions of which is to come crashing down in 2009 as early as February, 2 months away! Until the worlds currencies are backed by gold/silver, their will never be responsible supply/distribution of the currencies of the world. See GATA (Gold Antitrust Action Committee)

Alot more to say on these topics though I'll try to stick to topic.

Every crooked financial 'system' out there including the IRS, FED. RESERVE, IMF, The World Bank, Bank for International Settlements, Central Banks of the World, FEMA and many many more must be thoroughly audited by an 'international consortium of independent auditors working together to follow that complicated money trail of which most often will lead to countries which have sovereign city states within those countries of which offer non-extradition and monetary privacy privilages to the international swindling class.

Madoff victims list

600 Trillion derivative emergency meeting

[edit on 28-12-2008 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

While I agree that he may have to work some deal with the FBI and that is not a joke that many government officials may be involved as we know senators that were 'heavy into charitable organizations had investments with him".

But the Mafia is the Mafia and like many are predicting he will need very heavy FBI security to keep him from harm way as he by now has a price on his head.

Many of the "high risk" involvement of some of the Political higher up will love to see Madoff committing suicide.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I live in a state that invested with him, and (sp?)Leimans!! What does that say for my state?

"There's a sucker born every minute."

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Any new developments?

This is a fascinating thread, I hope it doesn't die down.

But from my own basic research it seems the closest publicly known ties are through Robert Jaffe who was a big evangelist for Madoff and has known mafia ties.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Desolate Cancer

Oddly enough, the information well has been somewhat dry of late. The news from my circle of contacts has been directed at the various recovery methods being discussed and, since the feds are still investigating the hell out of this, there's been little info leaked out.

I will say this much, Madoff being ordered to stay home and hire 24 hour security indicates they fear for his life. Not from suicide either. This, to me, indicates there are other forces involved, either as participants or as investors, and ole Bernie's life is in danger. I expect to hear some rather interesting things when the entire story is told. Who at the SEC turned the blind eye, what caused them to look away etc.

As to the mafia connections, I stand by my theory that they were involved in some manner. The death threats to Bernie's family and not Bernie are very mafia-esque.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Desolate Cancer

The latest is that he still have some millions stash away plus the many properties and personal items.

Right now the "funds of funds" are losing their money and many were unwilling participants on the Madoff scam due to their trust in their individual broker houses.

More will come out as they look into Madoff assets.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
one thing that should be pointed out in this mess is that the trustee has asked for $28.1 million to be freed up to facilitate the liquidation of the firm. There is almost nothing left and the gov't has agreed to let the lawyers milk the remaining funds to the tune of $28 million. And the thieves steal from the thieves.
www.bloomberg.com...

another interesting thing that should, eventually, lead us to more information regarding my theory is that the feds are, apparently, monitoring a few of the key players in the feeder funds as well as a few past and present employees.

The agency is scrutinising bank withdrawals made by former employees of Mr Madoff and their personal activities, including where they travel and with whom they mix.

with whom they mix? should it matter much if I am committing crimes and one of my employees hangs out with certain people? um, no. unless....those people they mix with are crime figures themselves. The type of criminal who might be involved in a scheme such as this or who might need some money laundered perhaps.

business.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

With whom they mix that is funny because any involvement wih the mob will not be directly unless they are that careless, but it would have been done via "funds of funds" that will take a long time to unravel and perhaps due to the "links" the higher ups in the nation as Madoff business was with he elites will never reach the prying eyes of the public.

Now it seems that at least the FBI and investigators knows that some of the business were shady, but I doubt that we may ever find out how deep the corruption was running.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I would like to propose we rename the Ponzi scheme, and call it the Madoff scheme now. Madoff has far overshadowed Ponzi, and made Ponzi look like an amateur.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

There is a worthy quote you would do well to heed; 'A man is known by the friends he makes, and the enemies he keeps'. In the same vein as 'birds of a feather...'

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Gregarious

I think
Social Security would be better but, alas, the name is taken.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
So, there's a guy being interviewed in the congressional hearings on the SEC's failure to respond to the myriad of red flags and warnings regarding Madoff and he said the most astounding thing.

He is a former ponzi running scammer who is, currently, serving time for his crime. He was running thru the basics of the ponzi scam and he said "you start out with the best intentions, you bring money in and pay it out to the investors but then you have more redemptions than new investors, the bills pile up, the mafia wants their cut and .."

what? Who wants their cut?

There's an accounting firm that stopped acting as an accounting firm based on the earnings from their clients investments with Madoff. This firm, had been sending Bernie clients for years and in the mid 80's they ceased accounting operations. The name of the firm?
Avellino & Bienes

These guys were busted years ago for a variety of things and the investors they were dealing with got their money back as they had done nothing wrong. There are plenty of stories of how these guys were still operating as feeders in London but let's just say that it is probably a safe assumption that they were still involved.

But anyway, back to Avellino & Bienes. Well, not Bienes. Just Avellino. As was mentioned earlier, I'm looking into connections between Madoff and the mafia. So, the name Avellino should be investigated.

There's Salvatore Avellino, Luchese family member who works out of Long Island, New York.
en.wikipedia.org...

Is it possible Bernie's pal Frank J is related to Sal "the golfer" Avellino?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I Hope this help,

The 1992 investigation centered on Avellino & Bienes, a tiny New York accounting firm run by Frank Avellino and Michael Bienes. According to court filings, the duo started raising money from clients, friends, and relatives 30 years earlier, handing the cash over to Madoff to invest. By 1984, Avellino and Bienes had ditched their accounting practice altogether to focus exclusively on finding investors for Madoff. Avellino and Bienes didn't return calls.

The firm had its own "feeders," associates who rounded up cash that eventually made its way to Madoff. In 1989 accountants Steven Mendelow and Edward Glantz, whose office was on the same floor as Avellino & Bienes in a Manhattan office building, joined the game. According to the SEC's complaint, Mendelow and Glantz collected $89 million for Avellino & Bienes. Glantz's son Richard later started raising money as well. The party ended in 1992 when the SEC demanded in a settlement that the firms close up shop, reimburse $454 million to 3,200 investors, and pay a collective $875,000 fine. Edward Glantz has since passed away. Mendelow couldn't be reached.

www.spiegel.de...

I think it was money laudering behind Madoffs deals.

Madoff's Money Trail Leads to Washington

www.effedieffe.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Madoff victims press US authorities for federal bailout

Lawyers representing the victims of Bernard Madoff's alleged $50bn (€36bn) fraud are urging the US government to rescue them with taxpayer’s money by bolstering the Securities Investor Protection Corporation, according to a report in The Observer, London.

www.wealth-bulletin.com...

I can't think of anything that would anger me more, at this point.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

marg, when the sec was investigating the feeder funds in the early 90's, they actually uncovered 3 ponzi scheme and, upon further investigation, they found that all three ponzis were investors with Madoff.
upon learning that three ponzi scams were operating as investment companies and all three of these investments were holding accounts with Bernard L Madoff Securities Inc, what do you think the SEC did?

that's right. They called Bernie in to help explain how the three funds were operating, how they were duping investors and regulators and how they were getting away with such a grand scam.

The first link is actually a buisnessweek article that is reprinted on that site. good stuff.

Bernie is, at the moment, in court again. Seems they want to change the conditions of his bail. I think they might want to put him in jail now. I guess he's not giving them what they want so they threaten to put him in jail, genpop, let the man fear for his life.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I can not find a link Between Avellino Frank and Avellion Salvatore, so they may not be related at all.

Also I think th SEC is going down after this big scandal in which many members were involved directly and indirectly.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I couldn't find a link between them either but I only hit google one time.

The SEC isn't "going down" as a result of this. Changes will be made, the system will be "fixed" and, as is always the case when the con artists and grifters lose their loophole, a new method for bilking the unsuspecting will be developed.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Figured as much once the lawyers got involved. I dont think it would actually go through though. I mean then you would have the same thing for the worldcoms and such.

Since this thread is mafia related I was wondering if the mob also seemed to have benefited directly from the TARP.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by Desolate Cancer]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Interesting piece of news cropped up today.

NYTimes

With an aggressive style that stood out in the staid world of Austrian banking even more than her bouffant red wig, Sonja Kohn made few friends gathering billions for Bernard L. Madoff from wealthy investors in Russia and across Europe.

Now, she has even fewer. Mrs. Kohn has dropped out of sight, leaving the firm she founded, Bank Medici, in the hands of Austrian regulators, who took it over last week.

But another theory widely repeated by those who know Mrs. Kohn is that she may be afraid of some particularly displeased investors: Russian oligarchs whose money made up a chunk of the $2.1 billion that Bank Medici invested with Mr. Madoff.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
the news I'm getting is all old reports being dredged up in an effort to aide the group I'm dealing with. Their biggest concern right now is the clawback - the right of the trustee to take back money that was taken out of the accounts. This would be catastrophic for many of the investors. They suddenly find out their millions are worth nothing and, to rub salt in the wound, they need to come up with millions of money withdrawn over the years.

I haven't seen much in the way of new stuff as they're being rather tight lipped about the case.

what I do know is the various relatives who worked for Bernie are under serious scrutiny. There's an article in today's NY Daily News about a guy named Ari Madoff, no relation, who is all bummed out that he has the same name. Ironically, he is an attorney specializing in securities and his name is killing his business. To drip more irony on this, his parents, Bernie and Shaina are also experiencing issues by proxy. Well, not Bernie, he's in a nursing home but Shaina had her credit card refused as a result of her name. seems she's under investigation and she is not being given access to her funds either I guess.

This leads me to believe the "I acted alone" defense is slowly going to crumble and the rats will be all over eachother.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join