It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

thinking of moving to england or canada.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
of course this would be in about 3 years time. i have no means to do so now as if it were not for the rents i would be destitute.(recently divorced and booted out of my house).

i am growing less and less fond of the states. i kinda just want to go somewhere where things are totally different. where nobody knows me and i can just start back from zero. with the net and all i can keep in constant contact with my family.

just something i have recently been twirling around

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I advice mainland Europe instead of UK for now, maybe in three years things are clearer over there but IMO thet are becoming more and more like the states (even more than the rest of EU...)

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
i wouldnt advise moving to canada because there isnt much difference between canada and the us(despite popular belief). plus when sh1t hits the fan it is almost cetainly will involve canada, us, and britan.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thing fish

I think London would be an interesting place to live. Here's a link for you.
www.wikihow.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by veranda

thats a cool link..
thanks a lot

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Well don't come to Plymouth!!

And don't take that the wrong way! Any other day right up to yesterday I would of been saying "Come to Plymouth dude! It quite cool!"

But now I know it's the most dangerous city in England

The ground-breaking emergency notification system, called Informer, is being brought in because the dockyard's siren is not seen as an adequate 21st-century way of warning people living in what has been described as one of the most dangerous areas in Britain.

In addition to the dockyard's nuclear facilities, Britain's 14th largest city has a Royal Navy weapons depot, a petrol terminal at Cattedown, a fuel depot at Torpoint and a gas pipeline.

Giles Perritt, Plymouth City Council's head of continuous improvement, described the city as "hazard-rich".

link

Great!

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I suggest Switzerland or Austria. Use that as a base and travel around. Visit Germany and Holland. Treat yourself to the red light districts. Live a bit.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

wouldnt suggest England right now
with whats happening here bad choice

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

i never considered austria but i used to tell my former wife all the time that we should move to switzerland. she was not into it. i would do it in a second.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
What about ireland

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Runningtobabylon
What about ireland

actually my first choice. i just figured ireland would be very difficult to migrate to.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Are you KIDDING me?
We have more immigrants here than freaking irish people now,
Then i suppose most off them are here from the EU , But to the best of my knowledge its about the same req. to get into the UK if not less

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
This thread caught my eye because my friend was trying to get me to do the same thing but I'm grabbing my boyfriend and moving to Spain.

new topics

join