It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New World Order and World Sporting Events

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Hello,

I have a genuine question that I would like to pose and hear your opinions on.

Let us assume that say in 100 years the NWO complete their goal and there is only ONE country, ONE government, ONE currency etc etc etc

It is clear to me that the identities of nations are being destroyed on like a weekly basis.

What would happen to International sporting events? The Football (soccer) World Cup and so on?

Would it have to be Earth vs Mars and things like inter-galactic sporting events

[edit on 23-12-2008 by george_gaz]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I used to play professional soccer with and against a number of players who participate(d) in world events like the Olympics and the World Cups...trust me on this....at least when it comes to sports...

there isn't a single nation on this planet that is going to give up thier national identity. The Germans will NEVER say "okay, lett's disband our team and merge with the Brazilians or the Italians or the French".

It's one thing to come together as a race of people, which in my opinion is a very good thing and would go a long way to elevating our overall development as a species....that being said....getting tens or hundreds of million, or even a billion people to forget about their history and what they've accomplished as a nation in order to form one world government will never happen.

Could there end up being a "shadow government or "mafia" that seriously influences the decisions of countries leaders around the world...I can see that and I think we are closer to that concept than most of us would really feel comfortable with, but wiping out borders and nationalities just isn't going to happen. Besides, there's way too much money for people to make on international sporting events. Billions of dollars are made on stuff like the Olympics and the World Cup.

[edit on 23-12-2008 by nsaeyes]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by george_gaz

Just look at the competition between two High Schools in the same county and I think you will have your answer. Allegiance to a local neighborhood will always be stronger than allegiance to a large group. People bond with people and that will not change

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The nwo will still have countries. They will just control who wins, even more so than they do today, if you do not think that people decide off field who will win games and cups, then you have no clue.

The nwo will just be a governing thing over all countries, and probably already exists.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
the only people at the moment who have influence over the outcomes of at least soccer matches around the world are the Asian betting syndicates...but in terms of the games they are able to manipulate, it's only lower level games and ones which don't mean a whole lot. The only leverage they have on players is financial incentive and the only players who are really exposed to that are lower level players who aren't making a ton of cash. When I say a ton of cash, I'm talking $100,000 or more a week.
Asian betting has never influenced a major soccer game anywhere in the world at the highest levels. The players already make insane amounts of money so they aren't no tleveraged in that manor...

There have been kidnappers who have kidnapped the close family members of players in efforts to get those players to throw games before however. A couple of cases in Brazil and a couple in Russia by the Russian mob.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
If you do not think that people decide off field who will win games and cups, then you have no clue.

Why then if that is the case did they allow Portsmouth to win the FA cup
worst ... ever ...

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I think in a NWO takeover type situation, sporting events will be the least of our worries. Eating, shelter, and not getting thrown into a detention camp will probably take precedence in our lives. I doubt I'll be worried about a soccer match.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Of course soccer would be low on our priorities, I was just intrigued as to what might happen.

I understand that peoples national identity would be difficult, if not impossible, to scrub out but I guess the NWO would by then have the power to just cancel the games.
That would be lame.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by george_gaz

Originally posted by andy1033
If you do not think that people decide off field who will win games and cups, then you have no clue.

Why then if that is the case did they allow Portsmouth to win the FA cup
worst ... ever ...

If I could give you an 'applause' I would...

The quote that games are decided off field is asinine...yes, it happens, but in no way is it the norm...not even close...

IF the NWO does occur, so what...at least in terms of sports...Rollerball may be a likely candidate for the new big sport, but taking away the identity of thousands of communities packed with fan(antics) would be a big mistake...most have more invested in their team than their family!

top topics

join