It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemicals In Water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Chemicals In The Water

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this! But I have noticed that the tap water near my area smells as if it has some sort of chemical in it, a cross between Bleach and Chlorine!

I doubt it would be the chemicals used to clean it because it doesn't have a smell!

There are several people on my street and estate who have also noticed this! They have all started drinking bottled water, which i think is a good choice anyway!

I tried to find some information about the cleansing of water but I havn't found anything better than personal cleansing kits for when you are travelling!

Has anyone else noticed this? It didn't usually smell until a few months back!

If i find anything else I will add to this post with it!

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Wash a jar in HOT soapy water.

Dry it in the oven.

Half fill the jar with the suspect water.

Put lid on jar.

Take to a University/College/Agricultural department.

Ask them to test it.

Wait for results.

Get results.

Find out what really is in your water

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

It is quite worrying to think what could be in the water though! I will take it to the water company itself because it is not too far from where I am!

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
bottled water is the biggest con going,anyway yeah what chad said is your best option.I'd take it to a local university instead of the water company though,you could phone up the water company though and tell them you and others locally are having this problem aswell.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Depending on where you live, a change of the condition of the water used for your city will result in a change of how it's treated. Water from a flooding river requires more treatment than water from the same river during normal flow time. Dry conditions also have treatment needs not normally experienced during normal conditions.

A chlorine or bleach odor, in drinking water, usually indicates not quite enough free chlorine in the water. It sounds funny, but the combined chlorine releases the odor easier than free chlorine. Free chlorine is a term used to describe chlorine available to react with contaminates that the treated water meets in the distribution system. Combined chlorine is a combination of chlorine and organic compounds, in the water, that have reacted with each other but the organic compounds have not been 100% oxidized.

It is possible to have a chlorine odor from too much chlorine in drinking water. The dosage would be extremely high and I would seriously doubt it would come from the water treatment plant. Where would it come from, someone asks? A main break and resulting treatment of the main to disinfect it and then not enough flushing of the main, of superchlorinated water within the main, before it was placed back in service.

Take a sample of water to your water company or if it is a large city, have them send someone over to your place for an on the spot test.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Boughten drinking water smells better but 90% on the chemicals are still in it, you just can't smell them because of the charcoal filtration. Water filters do about the same thing but then again the chemicals are still in the water again because of the charcoal filter. Drinking water is generally from different area therefore “tastes better”.

Chlorine is used kill the bacteria in the water and to decrease alga that is in the water, to date I have never found a non lethal amount to drink. Fluoride is a by product of producing aluminum cans (beer pop etc) and they will tell it is good for you teeth. Look at a toothpaste tube! It says if swallowed take the person to the poison control center! What is in our toothpaste that the kids all love and swallow. Check it out.

Getting the water checked is a good idea but I wouldn't expect the truth from the water dept. They can tell if is their water because the elements that are in there. My daughter lives in the country (Illinois) and she had their water tested from the county, they gave her all items that was in the water but her water was still was nasty. So I bought her a distiller and she started to notice there was something oily left after distillation. What was it: herbicide that leeched though the ground into the water supply, but is was still in levels to water standards of Illinois. And by the way, the water she used was going into a not so cheap of filtering system before going into the distiller! Reverse Osmosis is good but nothing is as good as “steam distillation” as it is .9999% pure. Drinking water from a distiller is the best water that you are going to get no matter what system you have. The water is tasteless and orderless and by using it for coffee, drinking and food you will see a big change in your health in less than a month. I could on tell the changes that it has done for my wife and me, or others that are using it but that is something you want to found out for yourself. Besides it is not my soapbox!

[edit on 23-12-2008 by guliver]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I stay away from distilled water! One of the major foundational reasons is that distilled water is highly acidic. Most of us are far too acidic already and the last thing we need to be drinking is a fluid that will make us even more acidic.

Distilled water is alleged to be beneficial due to its lack of contaminants. Well, many of the devices that distill water are made of metal and will actually add certain toxic metals like nickel back to the water, which actually worsens health.

Since distilled water is like a vacuum without any minerals, it will actually leach beneficial minerals from your body to balance it out. While this maybe beneficial for a short period during some sort of detoxification regimen, this is usually highly counter productive in the long run.

Check out one link to this info:

www.mercola.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I am certified to treat water. :-( I work at a small community system of about 150 residents. Guess what is used to purify the water. Bleach. I don't know how big your system is, but bleach is used to purify the water in some systems. I put in 2 parts per million which is the minimum you can do by law and you can still smell bleach in it.

Also ozone smells kind of like a cross between bleach and chlorine. Ozonated water is the best way to go in my opinion. It cures a lot of diseases and is non-toxic. The only thing about ozone being used for water treatment is it doesn't kill everything as well as other ways and it evaporates quickly. Half of it is gone in 20 minutes.

Someone else mentioned the bottled water scam. It's true. The chemicals given off into the water from the plastic is just as bad if not worse than bleach or chlorine.

I have my own well and have a Regency II filter on the faucet. It filters the water and raises the ph which someone else mentioned is a problem with many people and distilled water. Plus distilled water doesn't have the good things normal water has in it. I highly recommend a ionized water filter. I don't drink anything else unless I have to. Oh yeah, and if you really want to be healthy, ozonate the water after that. You can buy a water ozonater for less than $200 and the Regency II costs about $700.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Just wait till they get you all on the bottle, only then the water will be safe.
This is just one step ,the next will be to get you to drink nothing but cool-aid.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

Luckily I am not from the US! So I won't have to drink cool aid! Maybe some other form of fruit based drink though

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Thank you all for the information so far.

I am very interested at he moment in the different possibilities to get more "clean" water and the informaion so far gave me a couple of new views on the water cleaning.

Distiling doesnt seem to be the solution so i suppose i'll look further into filtering my water maybe.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jaamaan

I might have to buy a water filterer! All i drink is water and it tastes realy horrible from the tap, so i have to buy bottled water!
There is deffinately something going on, as i have spoken to other people around the world and they have noticed a distinctive taste and smell difference in their water too!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
johnellis.com...

this is definitely worth a looksee...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
on second thought...after doing further reading on this person...do not bother...lol

new topics

top topics

join