It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Musicians protest use of songs on detainees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Turns out that Guantanomo Bay has been using music as a method of torture:

GUANTANAMO BAY NAVAL BASE, Cuba — Blaring from a speaker behind a metal grate in his tiny cell in Iraq, the blistering rock from Nine Inch Nails hit Prisoner No. 200343 like a sonic bludgeon. “Stains like the blood on your teeth,” Trent Reznor snarled over distorted guitars. “Bite. Chew.” The auditory assault went on for days, then weeks, then months at the U.S. military detention center in Iraq. Twenty hours a day. AC/DC. Queen. Pantera. The prisoner, military contractor Donald Vance of Chicago, told The Associated Press he was soon suicidal. The tactic has been common in the U.S. war on terror, with forces systematically using loud music on hundreds of detainees in Iraq, Afghanistan and Guantanamo Bay. Lt. Gen. Ricardo Sanchez, then the U.S. military commander in Iraq, authorized it on Sept. 14, 2003, “to create fear, disorient ... and prolong capture shock.”

Source

This reminds me of way back when I used to work part-time at a local supermarket and one of only 3 tapes they had to play was Tracy Chapman which was played over and over. To this day (20 years later) I hear Tracy Chapman and I get feelings of wanting to break things.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
i say this will be just as usefull as music download laws

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
It's not only aboard, at Waco the Government used this tactic to Terrorise the children at night by plaing "These Boots Were Made For Walking" along with strobe lights and sounds of animal slaughter while the windows were scoped by snipers.

Your tax dollars hard at work.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dalek

Some music that drives me insane without having to be repeated:
1. Eminem
2. Madonna
3. Justin Timberlake
4. Hiphop (all artists)
5. Barney (I love you, you love me ... arghhhh!!!!!!!!)

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Guantanamo bay is not a place for captured terrorists...

It is a place were the Americans create terrorists.... Through the imposition of hate and disorientation... It ensures America will have a number of hated enemies in the years to come.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember
Nine Inch Nails, AC/DC, Queen, Pantera...

Well I must say, the torture designers at the Pentagon have pretty decent taste in music. Add some Static-X and Ministry in there and you might have a great compilation in the making.

The Guantanamo Bay Torture Hits Collection. Music that will scare the terrorist out of you! Out now from Empire Records.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember
Nine Inch Nails, AC/DC, Queen, Pantera...

Well I must say, the torture designers at the Pentagon have pretty decent taste in music. Add some Static-X and Ministry in there and you might have a great compilation in the making.

The Guantanamo Bay Torture Hits Collection. Music that will scare the terrorist out of you! Out now from Empire Records.

Ok that is funny - oh boy, laughing till I want to cry

top topics

join