It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have to put my little dog to sleep.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
My little darling,Mr Toby got sick on saturday. On monday morning,I couldn't find him in the house,and I found him laying out in the garden,in the bushes. We took him to the vets and had some tests done,but the results were of the worst kind. My poor little man has liver and kidney failure,and there's nothing that they can do. I gave him the chance to pass away at home,with us. Again this morning he was nowhere to be seen,he'd gone out to die again,but I don't think it was cold enough for him to quit just yet. I found him behind the shed,under a bush,very weak and fragile. I'm going to have to do the unthinkable tonight,and take him down to be put out of his pain.

here he is,on a happy,much dafter day.

Goodbye my baby. I love you so much.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Im so sorry, to hear about that. I am a huge animal lover. I have three dogs of my own and I consider them like family.

I dont know if you believe in the after life or not, but if I may, Have you heard of the rainbow bridge? It is supposed to be the place where your pets who have passed greet you after you die. ( If I remember correctly)

Here is a link to a website that tells about it. Hopefully it will comfort you a bit.

www.petloss.com...

I hope you are well, and I wish you nothing but love, peace, joy and happiness and harmony. Im sure that your fellow ATS petlovers will keep you and your sweet dog in their heart. I know I am.

[edit on 23-12-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Thank you for your kind words.I do believe in an afterlife,maybe a different one to the traditional heaven style one. I just hope that one day,in another life,our spirits cross paths again,so I can repay him for all the unconditional love he gave me.

On a slightly more positive note,not that i can really bare to think of it right now. But there's going to be a lovely little doggy,who's going to be getting a new home for christmas. We'll be going up to the animal wealthfare place tomorow to see if there's a new family member there for us. Mr Eddy will need someone new to steal food from (and keep him company when nobody is home)

I'm still a broken man,and no dog will ever replace Toby,but that's about me,and it's not about me,it's about giving up some room in my home for another pooch in need of love.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I'm very sorry that you are going through this Acidtastic. I've never owned a dog, but I understand that special bond. I have an elderly cat, I fear that day.

I think that opening your home to another dog is a wonderful thing to do.

Rush

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reopening my home to another dog is the least i can do,it is christmas after all
(ps,if you have the room,and can actually afford it,a dog will enrich yourlife more than words on a post on ATS could EVER express,so,do it,you know it makes sense + free burgular allarm with every purchase
)

It's what we do (he longer than me,as he's a bit older than me) but when one goes,it means that he's moving over for someone else to have the shot at a nice,comfortable life. My little man was never ill,he was never injured and he had more love than a dog could ever possibly want.

bah,I'm at work so I'm going to have to stop,I can't cry at wrork,infront of "people" I'm a man,and it's not the done thing. (plus this place is full of women,and I know they mean well,but they're like emotional freaking amplifiers at the moment,wanting cuddles and to give me support,whilst I need it more than anything,I can't be doing with crying at work,it's a bloke thing.)

edit to say,hsur,when that day comes,I hope it's as peaceful and dignified as your cat deserves

[edit on 23/12/2008 by Acidtastic]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Hi

I'm so sorry for you're lovely dog. I know the pain you have must be terrible. But i think its the right thing, what you are going to do. You're dog will no longer be in pain. That shows you're good person

About the "bloke thing" you mention...I understand, even if i'm a woman.
That "bloke thing" has been taught by generations. What does it takes to change a man ? who ever created man on earth. If it was not ment to be that "blokes" can have a cry as well as humour (do we sence a bit of humour.lol. I think so) You would not be able to cry at all. Cry can be a relief as well as laughter.
I really wish you all the best, and i'm sure that someday you're pain about you're lovely dog, will be replaced by good memories of what you had. (the pain may stay with you forever, but will be a part of the whole you)

I'm sure that when it comes to that day, you have a lovely new dog, it will be safe with you...

Merry christmas

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
oh don't fear,I'm going to cry.

just not infront of anyone
(well,probably the vet)

(I only jest because it's my only way of dealing with it)

thank you for your words

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Know what you mean.
I know the "shall i laugh, or cry thoughts" . But sometimes its a good way to get you to the other side. Know what i mean ?

Btw. i understand, cause i got the same with lovely cats i had. BUT as this is not about me, consider this as a side note...

My best wishes for mr Toby

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Its not easy but I think its the right thing to do if he's in pain, and dont worry about the "bloke thing" (from another Bloke) you need to greive, I cried for hours after losing my last dog, I had to have him put to sleep due to cancer.
My thoughts are with you.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
My sincere condolences. Some years ago now I had a cat that developed a large cancerous tumor on his leg. The vet told us that tests could be done to see if the cancer had spread, but amputation was necessary regardless. He had always been extremely active and I simply couldn't bear the idea of my scrappy old friend having to adjust to something like that at such a late stage in his life. The decision was made and a shot administered. He died in my arms.

It wasn't an easy decision, and even after all this time I still get emotional thinking about it. But I have no doubt it was the right one.

Peace be with both of you.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well,that's it. My little man has gone to where ever dogs go. I held his paws and the last thing he saw was me. No idea how i held it together,cos I am in bits. But I didn't want him to see me upset. (anymore than he allready has done these last 2 days)

My beloved little man,goodbye.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

So sorry for you. You had some very tough days... You did the best you could. My thoughts have been with you...

best wishes

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Hi Acidtastic; Sorry to hear about Toby. Be a strong owner and do the right thing for the little guy, as I'm sure you have for his whole life. Know the love Toby brought is a symbol of the love that is always there - another little fella may come along in the future, or not. But you know if and when you are ready, another something will come along that wont take Toby's place, but will accentuate the feelings you knew with your good buddy. Sorry again to hear of your plight, and Merry Christmas -know Toby will be happy not to suffer more.

CJ

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I am so, so sorry to hear about your dog. I can only offer my condolences, and huge hugs to you, whereever you are.

You were so brave to do what you did, and your strength speaks volumes. The love you had will always be there, in your heart, and your dog's, it will always exist between you. That is a constant that will never change. If that were me, with my kitty, I'd be sobbing in front of everyone - that love you have/had is the most beautiful thing in the Universe.

I'm so sorry that I can't offer any true words of comfort to take away your pain. I'm thinking of you though, so much.

I have no idea what your beliefs are, and I'm so sorry if this offends them in any way, but I know this helped me when I lost my dog.

www.petloss.com...

Thinking of you honey.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
you can't offend me,it's practicly impossible.So no worries there

And as true to my word as I am,we went to the bluecross dogs home this morning,and have taken a little bit of a fancy to this guy

www.bluecross.org.uk...

He's had 3 homes in a year,I think this is the dog that Toby has made way for. There's going to be a week or 2 with the addoption process,but I hope that he's going to get a splendid start to the new year.

thanks again for the kind thoughts. It's helped.

[edit on 24/12/2008 by Acidtastic]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Oh, good grief, those eyes. He's just longing for the right home. Lucky dog if you adopt him!

Please keep us updated, and best wishes to you.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
What a joyous looking dog! It is my worst fear that I would have to put my precious young un under. I hope you find peace this holiday season.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Hi

Conrad. What a lovely name. Such a beautiful dog. I really wish you all the best luck and so happy for you that you're able to see the light "out there" ...
I found this candle for you, to remind all, than no matter what happens. As long as the flame is burning, there is always hope.

best wishes

[edit on 25-12-2008 by flymetothemoon]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Oh hun im so sorry this had to happen, I i have also had to go through the terrible effects of Kindney failure with a kitty,

YOu did the right thing, He is out of his pain now, Big hugs to you,

If you need to talk or want me to make any memorial piccys let me know ok,

xxxx HUGS xzxxx

top topics

join