It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Obama re-open the 9/11 Commission?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I was watching the movie "9/11 Press For Truth" on the EXCELLENT service offered by ATS (big pat on the back for you guys!!) when I started to think:

Given the very pathetic attempt by the Bush government to track down the perpetrators and facts behind 9/11, I am wondering very loudly if the new regime would consider re-opening the case and doing the job properly this time.

I know from watching the video that the families who lost loved ones are far from happy about the far from thorough 9/11 inquest.

So what do people think? Will Obama re-open the case and expose the truth, or will it all slip away quietly into the shadows where Bush and Cheney hope it will stay?

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

Obama & Biden To Protect Bush Administration Criminals

It’s par for the course for Obama and Biden, the men who promised “change” but in every step of their preparations for assuming office have pursued nothing but continuity, to acknowledge that they will protect criminals in the Bush administration from prosecution for authorizing torture, a complete violation of both the U.S. constitution and the Geneva Conventions.
When asked by ABC host George Stephanopoulos if top level Bush administration officials would be prosecuted for mandating prisoner abuse, Biden said that he and Obama would be “focusing on the future,” adding “I think we should be looking forward, not backwards.”
Such rhetoric goes to the very heart of the gigantic con job the “Obama change” hoax has wrought upon millions of befuddled Americans who naively presumed that voting for the lesser of two evils would result in anything other than more evil.

Of course, those that protect war criminals from prosecution should be treated no better than the war criminals themselves, and when real “change” comes to America, Obama and Biden will face the same justice as Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld.

www.prisonplanet.com...

I think this should answer your question, I expect more of the same.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Obama is (or was) a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, which is about the most elitist organization operating in this country. They're the ones that want the superhighway connecting Mexico and Canada. David Rockefeller, banker and grandson of oil tycoon J.D. Rockefeller, and the guy who happened to originally commission and finance the WTC Towers, is a senior member of this same organization.

So, I very seriously doubt it.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
obama is no different than bush,look at the people he has surrounded himself with,he is no less a paid stooge than bush is

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Oh crap!!!!!!

You mean it's too late to elect Ron Paul?

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I don't think Obama will drag up old bad memories. Unless things start to go drastically wrong for him, he could then demonize bush to make himself look good.

Im surprised people didn't realize Obama was affiliated with the rich and powerful. I mean he came out of nowhere and captivated your nation with the most expensive election campaign ever. And you can tell just by looking at the guy that he is a very serious player.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
As much as I would like to think otherwise, I seriously doubt anything will be done baring extreme public outcry for a new investigation. On top of that, I would say that any new investigation, though it may be a little more damning to the Bush administration, will most likely not come to the conclusions most of us know to be true.

There is one simple reason this is true. If you think that we are in the middle of a financial meltdown now, what do you think would happen if publicly the Bush administration, and by proxy the US government, was implicated in causing or even allowing 9/11 to happen? It would be the great depression times five. I mean, I guess I could imagine a scenario where we as a nation, and the world for that matter, could come to terms with this idea and not wreak havoc on financial markets and our infrastructure. However I think that the chances of this are somewhat slim and quite optimistic.

I mean don't get me wrong, I think that we should still push for a new investigation. If nothing else, it will show those who voted for Bush and think that he hung the moon that he was incompetent at best and just short of the Hitler at worst. This to me would almost be victory.

But who knows, they say that the truth will set you free and maybe Obama will indeed be the savior we all hoped he would be. Only time will tell.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
Oh crap!!!!!!

Brother, I feel your pain. Godammit America, can't you do anything right?

America's first Kenyan born president will never, never do anything to expose the truth about ANYTHING.

He won't even expose his own birth certificate.

America, I feel so sorry for you but I feel even worse for everyone else, all the non-Americans who will have to suffer because of the way you have pissed away your republic.

First we get the Kenyan, then we get the Austrian. Bye bye Miss American pie!

[edit on 23-12-2008 by ipsedixit]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

posted by Damien_uk
Im surprised people didn't realize Obama was affiliated with the rich and powerful. I mean he came out of nowhere and captivated your nation with the most expensive election campaign ever. And you can tell just by looking at the guy that he is a very serious player.

Yes, unfortunately the majority of Americans are boob tube addicted sheeple; unable to research for themselves and actually not wanting to know what their masters have in store for us.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Let's say the stars align for what you seek and there is a brand new investigation performed at fantastic expense and the finding happens to be very similar the one your already dissatisfied with.

Do you then demand yet another and another investigation?

At what point do you simply accept that conspiracy mongers might simply be leading you astray for their own amusement?

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

posted by Pilgrum
Let's say the stars align for what you seek and there is a brand new investigation performed at fantastic expense and the finding happens to be very similar the one your already dissatisfied with.

Do you then demand yet another and another investigation?

At what point do you simply accept that conspiracy mongers might simply be leading you astray for their own amusement?

Or conversely if the new honest 9-11 investigation ends up with the results that a person with a lick of common sense could foresee, and the 9-11 perpetrators from Dubya on down all end up with their necks stretched on a public scaffold, will you defenders of the 9-11 OFFICIAL STORY keep screeching your fanatical opinions, or will you all slither back under your rocks?

Fantastic expense? What could be more expensive than 8 years of George Dubya Bush and Halliburton and the International Bankers gouging the US Taxpayers for $$$$$Trillions of dollars?

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
Oh crap!!!!!!

Thank God, yes.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I had a question or thought about 911 that I wanted to bring up
on the forum and lapsed my mind.

So I'm posting to bring up my ATS list up to date so I can remember.

Oh, yeah. Just remembered.

I saw the story of people coming down on the south tower.
They were blocked by people going up saying there was fire down
below and that the thing to do was to go up.
Well on the landing a voice was heard beyond a wall of double
drywall and two guys started in toward the voice.
One guy said there was too much smoke and went up the stairs.
The trapped man got free and these last two went down the stairs
and live today.

The trapped man said he saw the plane approaching the Tower
and it had a U on the tail. He mentioned the color of the plane and
the color of the U on the tail.

Any one know of the two and what the colors were.
I would need a refresher course on 911 to know what airline
hit what building so I have to ask if a United plane hit the
South Tower and if the colors were correct in the survivors
statement.

Thanks for any answers. It might take time for me to track down
the answers and without asking it might take longer.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pinch

Yes, thank God we didn't elect someone who believes firmly in the Constitution.

Instead, we still have our corporate puppets. Phew. It was a close one, too. The corporate media had to work extra hard to minimize him.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Well guys, I for one still hold a ton of hope for America. We are at our best when things are at their worst. I must admit I can not name a time in history when we were Awake and they pulled some crap like Pearl Harbor. gee, I did learn about that or the USS LIBERTY ... until after the turn of the millenium ... with a history like ours of this Deceit and Betrayal... and I lived happily until after 911 ... I suspected things ... but never knew for sure. there always been crooks ... just never this big of a swindle ... before

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
If Obama reopens an investigation of 9/11 Ill, Ill,, well Ill do something crazy you just watch.

I dont know what yet but Im sure it would involve a jar of crunchy peanut butter, LOTS of mouthwash and a large farm animal!!

Yeahhhhhh baby you betcha.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Even though people do deserve another investigation, if it is found that the government did have something to do with it it would generate even more hatred towards them.

I think it would be wiser to open a private enquiry, to flush out those who where involved. But keep the results private.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   

if it is found that the government did have something to do with it it would generate even more hatred towards them

Well, it is a new government now, so why would they hate the government even more?

I for one think that it would earn Obama the biggest brownie points of all time guaranteeing a second term.

[edit on 24/12/08 by WatchNLearn]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
get ready to star and flag me - cuz, I like this and I think it will work..

The Op asked a question we can actually answer with an example...
how many times did they reopen the Warran Commission Report...?
3 - 4 times in what 40 years... and the results basically remain the same. Government Sponsored if it was stiffled by the Government ... 911 will be the same way ... only 911 has so much evidence -- we only have one thing left to do and that is for fill our Constitutional requirements and defend ourselves from the Evil That has found itself as our Government.

Solution: I would require a polygraph of all persons receiving a paycheck from the public treasury to under go testing twice a year.

Have you served the people of this nation with honor and honesty...?

lets give them 5 try's with 5 different FBI examiners with public oversight commission who will decide which people need a Public Oversight Witness. (POW for short)

and that is the only way "We The People" will ever out rank a President...

[edit on 24-12-2008 by BornPatriot]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
An 'official' reinvestigation isn't necessary. All that needs to be done is for a fully factual report to be compiled, and people are already doing that, Jones et al. The evidence exists, our rhetoric will spread it. The P2P possibilities of the net are already beginning to subvert the propaganda of power - on the internet the real truth emerges independent from authority. As the internet grows it will be impossible for power to keep on bleating its corrupt assertions. The culture wars are about to go up a level and it will be truth that wins.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join