It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If man kind is to survive, religion must end

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Youll never get rid of religion. Everyone will have an opinion as to why we are here. You just want to get rid of anyone who disagrees with you. Hmm who else has done that in our past? I could say the names but I'm sure Id be slammed for it. Your "religion" is just as bad as any other belief out there.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by robwerden

You are talking about abolishing religion. That is bigotry and hate-inspired.

It is your statements that are being attacked.

Or perhaps we should say that Stalin and Hitler were nice guys & it was just their politics that spoiled their reputations?

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The end of religion is a personal one. It is not going to happen by force. Their is a difference between being religious and being spiritual.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

whoa whoa whoa, now hold on there a sec. i meant to implement that idea with peace at mind. no control, one world belief or scrap it out all together. there are peaceful ways of doing this, i prefer NO blood to be shed.

im merely agreeing with the OP to get rid of religion or integrate them all for the better of humanity, not the slavery of them. its just in my own beleife that religion is a way to control the people.

im at work, and i was in a rush to reply, and i apologize.

hope this cleared some things up.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Id also like to point out that people who disagree with me make points that are intended to make me see that my intentions of not associating my self with people who are religious is somehow wrong and I should reconsider my view point and possibly agree with them.

Is this tactic not more forceful than mine? Telling me im wrong to sway my opinon, as opposed to my tactic of simply ignoring. Who is being forceful in this situation?

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The main reason people post things and wish not to debate them, is because they don't have enough intelligence about the subject matter to offer anything valuable.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Seeing as you stated in your OP that you wouldn't be replying to those who disagree with you, just putting them on ignore, those of us who have faith in God are under no illusions that we will 'make you agree with us'.

We will, however, point out that your attitudes of intolerance and bigotry are appalling, and miserably Taliban-like.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by robwerden
Id also like to point out that people who disagree with me make points that are intended to make me see that my intentions of not associating my self with people who are religious is somehow wrong and I should reconsider my view point and possibly agree with them.

This made me literally laugh out loud. It's too late to engage in the victim routine, my friend. You did the same thing in Your OP by basically insulting people into agreeing with your position.

The words you used were 'logic' and 'common sense' to describe your personal beliefs. And atheism is just that: personal belief. Therefore, you attempted to label anyone who did not agree with your world view as lacking logic and common sense. That is an attempt to shame those who do not agree with you, into agreeing with you.

Is this tactic not more forceful than mine? Telling me im wrong to sway my opinon, as opposed to my tactic of simply ignoring. Who is being forceful in this situation?

You did not simply ignore them. You insulted them in your OP then sank back into your observational corner.

[edit on 12/23/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
People control people ....people will still tell others what to do what not to do ...people will still control other people ...
You will always have parents who control ..(Then a Wife or a Husband once you get married) ..Police who control ....Gov who controls .....there is no getting rid of CONTROL ......

If they did not control ...who would ? YOU ? Most of you cannot even control your mouth ...let alone a country of hooligans gone wild ...

The Chaos (Anarchy) that most of you (you youngans) hope and dream about ..Is gonna be a HELL ON EARTH situation ..so stop thinking it would be a paradise on earth ..most of you who want something like that are gonna be the first ones KILLED and TORMENTED by the old school hooligans who are way meaner with less conscience than most of you have..and they are gonna get you first ...and for sure they wont have any GOD in mind as they do you in .....

Your gonna get your day ....but your not gonna like it ......and you will be PRAYING your tail off HOPING with all your heart and soul and mind that there really is a GOD ....and that he will come and save your butt .....

[edit on 23-12-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Clearly by the number of flags and stars, there are other ATS members who in whole or in part feel as I do.

I am not alone in my general feeling that somehow religion damages society more than it helps it.

What I do notice though is there is still fear in those who may have flagged this thread to speak up.

I can not ask you to defend my idea in a awkward social experiment such as this, your vote has provided defense enough. I know i'm not alone and now you do as well.

One day you will have the option of telling someone you meet or know, that you would prefer not to speak about religion, or even go as far as I suggest and remove your self from them because of their use of religion and how it affects you. I hope that you remember your flagging this thread when that happens.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
So you watched a movie and it influenced you?

And you want logic?

Eventually people will leave religion altogether, I don't think anything needs to be done. You can witness that churches are becoming more and more empty in the past 50 years.

More and more of new generation are not religious or are atheists.

If the world will continue to go along the same paths (and I don't see any reason why not), the religious will die off to a great extent. At the end, what will be left of the religious communities will be rather scant.

However, if you take a hard stand "religion must end" and will enforce laws and persecute religious people because they're religious - then your behaviour isn't any different than that of the catholic church during the crusades, or the muslim holy wars.

If you think you will accomplish greater peace by outlawing religion, you have neither learnt nor applied logic.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
People control people ....people will still tell others what to do what not to do ...people will still control other people ...
You will always have parents who control ..(Then a Wife or a Husband once you get married) ..Police who control ....Gov who controls .....there is no getting rid of CONTROL ......

If they did not control ...who would ? YOU ? Most of you cannot even control your mouth ...let alone a country of hooligans gone wild ...

The Chaos (Anarchy) that most of you (you youngans) hope and dream about ..Is gonna be a HELL ON EARTH situation ..so stop thinking it would be a paradise on earth ..most of you who want something like that are gonna be the first ones KILLED and TORMENTED by the old school hooligans who are way meaner with less conscience than most of you have..and they are gonna get you first ...and for sure they wont have any GOD in mind as they do you in .....

Your gonna get your day ....but your not gonna like it ......and you will be PRAYING your tail off HOPING with all your heart and soul and mind that there really is a GOD ....and that he will come and save your butt .....

But all that already happens because of religion as a source of motivation or a tool.

So it might still happen without religion...just less.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

rubbish in the following terms
the next phase of control the controllers WANT TO get rid of religion
also after only if the complete phase has been played out over 40 years from now will we know prob that he will exist or not then we can get rid of religion

But you
know the lie of the new Indiana Jones film how we are from the aliens - a plant to move us from god all part of the 40 year plan they have I could type her but I am sick f trying !
Anyway stop playing their game and be aware of the shape of their game before you go spouting off

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Good luck telling this to the Westboro Baptist church...
WBC

WARNING-Don't click if you have little children who can read around you

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
There's really nothing wrong with most religions in and of themselves. The problem really is with those individuals who use religion for their own nefarious purposes.

The reality is that those people who misuse religion should be banned.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gandalph

Eventually people will leave religion altogether, I don't think anything needs to be done. You can witness that churches are becoming more and more empty in the past 50 years.

More and more of new generation are not religious or are atheists.

Maybe so in your backyard, so to speak, but not on a wide scale.

Across the world people are:

33% Christian

20% Muslim

13% Hindu

6% Buddhist

but only

1.7% nonreligious

and

2.35% atheist

Source

You can witness that churches are becoming more and more empty in the past 50 years.

The ones that have emptied are those that are half-hearted. Those that have remained faithful to their roots have grown exponentially. (The charlatans and false teachers have also grown apace, admittedly.
)

However, if you take a hard stand "religion must end" and will enforce laws and persecute religious people because they're religious - then your behaviour isn't any different than that of the catholic church during the crusades, or the muslim holy wars.

Well said!

[edit on 23/12/08 by pause4thought]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

"you must believe this. When we as a species abandon our trust in the power greater than us, we abandon our sense of accountability. Faith ... all faiths … are admonitions that there is something we cannot understand, something to which we are accountable . . . With faith we are accountable to each other, to ourselves, and to a higher truth. Religion is flawed, but only because man is flawed. If the outside world could see this church as I do ... looking beyond the ritual of these walls . . . they would see a modern miracle... a brotherhood of imperfect, simple souls wanting only to be a voice of compassion in a world spinning out of control. . . ."

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
What a ridiculously ignorant topic. So much hypocrisy, and yet you still managed so many flags?

You know whats wrong with this world? It's not religion - it's people like you. People who aren't happy with a single life to decide for, and think they have to decide for everyone.

You have the same absurd level of thinking as those you point fingers at.

As you setup a logic and level of thinking that involves choosing and imposing on other peoples free will, then that is what you will be subject too.

So you and people like you with this low level of thinking who can't handle or deal with people who have opposite problems are the problem. And you are one of the OP.

All of you hypocrites make me sick, religious or not.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Firstly I am a religiously agnostic fanatic. I agree religion is a venom, but that is not the root issue.

Human nature is the issue. Take away religious conflict and they will find something else to skirmish over. If not something will be manufactured to continue this.

Skin color, building structure preferences, currency artwork, food preferences, Hemisphere etc..

It is like the people who think guns should be outlawed. I can see a wave of samurai sword slaughters after that. Then they will be followed by a ban until having hands are outlawed to avoid strangling ;-) .

I am not afraid to admit we are highly flawed as a species. I would also love to be proven wrong.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
War, Policy, and pretty much everything else that effects the growth of man as a species is driven by people who use religion to direct them.

Corrupt individuals use religion to gain support for their vision of what life should be. You can look at any spiratual wrighting and bend it to say what ever you want it to. With that said now you can ignore me.

Peace!!!!!!!!

[edit on 23-12-2008 by Ant4AU]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join