It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If man kind is to survive, religion must end

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

You might have a fine grasp of your history...but not so much everyone else's history. Because in our history, a Zoroastrian--a follower of Zoroastrianism, of course--might take exception to that claim.

Yes, you are right. I just noticed s/he said First religion. Well, of Christianity he would be correct, perhaps that's what s/he meant.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FalknFerno

The first religion was the Roman Catholic.

Not true.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by gordonwest

The religions have caused, and will keeping on cause problems for the world. Religion should end, because if it doesn't then the world will end.

The devil has caused, and will keep causing problems for the world. Satan and his followers and the workers of wickedness should end. All they do is cause chaos, sickness and death. The grey aliens are Satan's army and the controllers of this world. What would happen if Satan no longer had an army? Is there something that will kill them and not harm humans?

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Yea Religion Should Be Changed.
The age old custumes IS coming to an end. What has only keeps use from moving forword as an iteligent creture is olmost fisling in the united states. But first maybe we have to change the word world to social strucure. The world is more than man. Has been here befor and maybe long after, ( unless a true tarrorist comes about ( one like the joker who doesn't want anything and doesn't give a f*ck what happenes to himself.) and tells no one of his plans as he works to distroy it. ). And maybe if there wert people who don't understand death. I think that is the only resson that reliogon still excists. If all people saw there brains as a comlex interwoven pulse of energy that just shuts down and nothing is senced anymore maybe people would start to learn from the world around them instead of what they hear. Then we will live as we are truely confortable, in anarcy as the governments desolves and people die in mass amounts. Then we will learn self controle instead of obedence.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
Hate and intolerance must end.
it's that simple. Religion itself doesn't necassarily cause harm, it's the people who can't tolerate some one else' beliefs that decide to go out and kill someone 'cause of it.
Hate happens within or between any social arrangements alongside with intolerance. They just don't only happen with religious group as you and I know. But a more precise cause to the problem between religious societies and governments alike, is being uneducated about something, someone and the inability of people to see or focus on the similarities in others besides their differences.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Religion is not the problem. Take it away and then a new scapegoat will have to be prepared. Patriotism is a control tool, people wearing baseball caps are trying ot make us all wear caps!.

The problems in religion stem from one flaw. It is run here on Earth by humans. We are flawed by nature and there is nothing to do abut that. I can show as many churches that do not try to control people as anyone can show that do or have. Bad people are all over and will use what they see fit to get to the goal they are working towards.

Again I say. Let those that choose live their lives with their faith being a major part are no better or worse that those that do not. All sides of the issue need to take their ball and go home. Saying that God needs to be abolished is just as stupid as saying everyone needs to believe. Calling someone names because of their faith or lack of is so far below the level of intelligence of a forum like this it actually gives me a headache.

Have there been bad people that were powerful in a religious organization? Sure, Were they actually a person of faith? Of course not. No one can be true to a faith and use that faith to a personal gain. I can't think of a faith that tells people to go out and destroy others so you cna gain money or power. If there is one. i would not want to be a part of it. I would say most "good people" would not.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I agree with you, then again religion has been here almost since the time of man and we're surviving. Some people NEED a book to tell them not to kill and steal. I'm not so certain that if religion just disappeared we'd be better off. We'd probably have more problems with the lack of some religious institution to tell people how they should live.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by thehype16

Hate happens within or between any social arrangements alongside with intolerance.

Because the bully decided on the social arrangement(s) and who gets to play King and Queen for a lifetime, will those who no longer want to tolerate this BS please raise their hands.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
religion is an integral part of being human there will never be a human civilization without it. if you were to erase all of it today by tomorrow some1 will have made up a new one

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by robwerden

Logic.
Rrrrriiiigggghhhhhhttttttttttt.
Blame a concept for the failings of mankind while expecting that just the simple removal of said concept would somehow remove said failing by what I can only guess is some magic exorcism and it's called logical? We must have different meanings for logic. I know people prefer their scapegoats but give me a break.

[edit on 28-12-2008 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by footfall
religion is an integral part of being human there will never be a human civilization without it.

I disagree.

I don't believe human society is so fundamentally ignorant.

This is like saying we couldn't have civilization society without superstition.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by UpontheMountain24

No-where in any text is killing advocated unless ordered by God, and no war has been fought with logical reason. Evil is the work of man, and religions are methods to live, not end the lives of others, and certainly not rigid doctrines to be followed and twisted to suit human greed, which if you truly think about is IS the root of all evil.

Beyond the blind and the babble talk, there are truths that are known that live in silence. The current spectrum is that one is either being manipulated or a manipulator. After Goliath (the manipulator) has stolen, raped, and killed your family there will be some who would say forgive, and turn the other cheek. That is not religion and that is not what David did.

The Bible was meant to empower not weaken. Every believer is not a pseudo-Christian as presented on this forum.

I say cut off the head of the snake and everyone here so far has said, no, cut off religion.

That sums it up and says which side all of you have chosen.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

what in the world makes you the one who gets to decide that man is ignorant for having religion, how do you know you are not the ignorant one for not believing in god? the fact stands that there has never been a human civilization without some form of a religion. just because your miserable life has caused you to not believe in a god doesnt mean every1 else is wrong it just means you are pathetic

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Davood

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about religion "needing to be abolished" too much; with the advent of newer medicines, and more advanced neural networks that can help us get things done,

Please explain:

1. advent of newer medicines - what they are, and why you believe they are necessary?

2. Neural networks - where is the reason and logic, will it be programmed in?

3. "help us" - who is the us?

4. "Get things done" - what would you like to accomplish?

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I believe religion will take its true form. we will beleive and evolve around 2012

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
religion is good in its purist form. has religion ever been at its purist form? it's a good foundation for something magical and miraculous. i believe that humanity needs something to believe in, what it is i don't know. "peace be with you"...is a good start. then it goes completely down hill after that.

p.s. jesus was a pothead

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dbravo

Can you name anything that has ever stayed in "it's purest form"?
We are after all soo good at twisting things to whatever purpose we have at the time. On the individual and group levels.

[edit on 29-12-2008 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It’s a human right to believe anything you like. I have thought the same thing before. I’m not religious one bit but without religion in the world I think it would be a little worse than what it is now.

I do think that religion should be taken out of any politics full stop as its the religious leaders of the world that cause the biggest problems more than anything else IMO but I think it’s part of every human being on this planet to have some kind of spiritual faith whether it be Christ or Aliens just don’t let it be an ingredient to how the human race should be governed and evolve.

We should ban all arms from pistols to nukes all the rulers of the world get together and discuss the process of uniting under a planetary banner and spending all the resources that would have gone into war into a new step towards colonizing and exploring space and finding other intelligent life.

It is time that we all focused on becoming what we are truly destined to be.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

"If man kind is to survive, religion must end"

I would change this to, "If man kind is to survive, GOD must end".

The concept of some personal, invisible entity to whom we are responsible, answerable and suboordinate is the main problem if you ask me. Humans just love to be slaves and adore having their masters. The ET's have known this from word go and played this weakness of ours like a violin prodigy manipulates his Stradivarius.

I'm more of a "cosmic consciousness" girl myself.....

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Someone’s just saying what I’ve been saying for years.

But you left out the part about wars being coursed by politics or human greed

I could tell you how to solve the problem of all the wars caused by religion, but since humans are generally aggressive xenophobes with suicidal tendencies, why should I waste my time on idiots who won't listen?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join