It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World War III breakdown map!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
What about African countries? Why are almost all of them Neutral? One country that would certainly go to the Western side is Kenya. They have always been in the Western block and now they really love the USA since Obama's father is from Kenya...

Many other East African countries were closer to Soviet Union during the cold war though. Like Somalia and Ethiopia were allies of the Soviets. Hard to say where they would go now though. China has been making a lot of investments in that region.

Of course Ethiopia is an ally of the USA in the War Against Terror, Somalia is a total mess... Eritrea would probably go to the Eastern side.

So here we get:

Western
Ethiopia
Kenya

Eastern
Eritrea

Wild Card (Anarchy)
Somalia

Anyone else wanna continue speculating about Africa?

Hey why are most of the countries in the Balkans neutral? Surely they would choose a side...

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
As far as I know, and from what I understand, the world is moving towards a proxy war.

Wikipedia : en.wikipedia.org...

A proxy war is a war that results when two powers use third parties as substitutes for fighting each other directly.
While powers have sometimes used whole governments as proxies, terrorist groups, mercenaries, or other third parties are more often employed. It is hoped that these groups can strike an opponent without leading to full-scale war.
Proxy wars have also been fought alongside full-scale conflicts.
It is almost impossible to have a pure proxy war, as the groups fighting for a certain nation usually have their own interests, which are often divergent from those of their patron.

Then again, this has been going on for ages, but it seems to be accelerating as of late.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ukuli

thanks for the input! i left most of the african countries blank because i just did not feel i knew enogh about them one way or another to comment. (like burkino faso haha)

i had completely forgotten about kenya though, that is an excellent observation so i am making a revised map and i will put kenya on the western side as a combatant because if a world war were to break out i am sure they would enter in a move to try and gain more territory.

i did include sudan and somolia on the easatern leaning list of countries. i know somolia is a mess right now, basically anarchy, but due to the makeup of the government that is nominally in control i felt that it would go western, i do not see any pro western sentiment there. regardless i dont think they would be a big player but i could see them using a world war to try and gain more territory also.

if you have any other ideas on african nations let me know so we can fill out the map. i have only been to north africa so all i know about africa proper is what i read in the news, and all ive really heard about is zimbabwe and somolia. sudan definatly would be a eastern leaning nation.

also i left the balkans blank because i do not know enough about where their allegiences stand these days. in the past they would have been russian/eastern but i dont know enough now to say, if anyone knows help me out!

[edit on 23-12-2008 by TheRepublic]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ukuli

i have to admit i had trouble with finland. anyone from finland your input is welcomed. i am stuck with knowing that finaland is close to the west, and dosnt particularly like russia after their war i would assume. but they are so close, and in the past i dont think the fins started the battle with the russians. i dont think the russians would necessarily go after the fins either in the upcoming war. i think it would be a misallocation of resources when they could get much more bang for their buck by attacking south and securing oil pipelines or going directly west and taking out poland or something.

all of this considered i dont think the fins would be aggressive but more defensive so i put them in the non combatant catagory... do you think i should change it?

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
You can take south africa out of the Nato list, south africa likes, loves and supports iran/china

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Did you leave out Taiwan, (a biggie) because in any scenario, it would be a glowing crater?

Just curious. .

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
ok some revisions.

south africa ill put on eastern leaning. i guess im a little out of date on my south african history i guess things have changed a bit. thanks for the input.

i had honestly forgotten about taiwan but i will put as a wild card. it appears in the news lately that is warming it ties with china. the us dosnt seem to be protecting it as strongly as it used to. im sure if a war broke out it would become chinas very quickly. so taiwan goes light blue.

i will be posting an updated map shortly.

thanks for the info.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Excuse me.

Why is Scotland in purple?

Furthermore, why is New Zealand neutral?

[edit on 23/12/08 by YourForever]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

All good, it's the "new" south africa that is supporting the eastern countries, i remember reading something about south africa selling uranium to iran a while back, very hush hush, and also south africa bad mouthing the US pretty badly about their policies and the war etc.

They are very buddy buddy with iran and china

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Some suggestions:

Balkans:
Croatia - West Comb.
Slovenia - West Comb.
Bosnia - Will dissolve along ethnic lines (Croats and albanians to the west and Serbs will always follow Russia)
Serbia - East comb.

Africa:
Sudan, Congo, DR Congo, Sambia, Mozanbique and Rwanda will go east as chinese are investing very heavily on their infrastructure and agriculture.

Finland:
Will never go East, but may or may not join any western alliances. If Russia is engaged on its western front, they will attempt to secure southern Finland in order to allow baltic fleet to break out. This is vital in order to support the Kaliningrad naval base between Poland and Germany.
And if Finland is attacked, WE WILL FIGHT, and we will fight hard. Our entire military is geared up for a war against Russia, it has always been and will always be.

As for the secret Nato storages claim, it's highly unlikely that Finland holds any foreign equipment. A conscript army would most certainly leak the information at some point. But we do have very close links to NATO intelligence via Norway and Denmark (most likely Estonia too as we trained most of their officers).

Sweden will be Western, but no one knows if they have the balls to fight... they didn't have those 60-years ago...

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by YourForever

I think the nuclear submarines at Faslane put scotland firmly, and unfortunately in the blue corner. Thanks to the OP for being so kind as to separate us from the UK so soon, perhaps this is foresight on your behalf and for that I thank you.

here they are here..

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
MAP REVISION #1

files.abovetopsecret.com...

here are the changes made with your suggestions. i have to say i agree with much of the analysis people have provided and have been spending a good amount of time researching africa. some very intresting things are happening down there. it appears the wests grip is slipping badly. now the african countries can find new markets and political support from the eastern bloc.

i had a nice list of all the changes in the countries wrote up but my browser window froze and i had to reconstruct this post. my spirit is crushed now after spending all that time so im gonna have a smoke and try again later. just have a look at the countries and you can get the general jist of whats changed.

hopefully this one goes through.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I have to say I disagree a bit with your break down, especially with your "eastern block" break down, most notably that at this juncture china is more likely to side with the U.S...more or less due to economic obligations. and ww3 has already been underway for years, but it's not the full blown war mobilization of the last century, but instead a series of shadowy proxy battles in isolated areas all around the world with a few "commercial" conflicts to distract the public.

there is definite foreshadowing of some sort of conflict with Russian powers, especially with the election of Brzezinski puppet Obama

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

i agree also about the proxy war bit.
the thing is the proxy war are getting less and less proxy. take the georgia conflict this august for example. russia moved nuke launchers into ossetia and the georgians had US troops training them on the attack weeks beforehand. it appears with each new proxy war this underground conflict which has been going on for some time (i agree with you on that also) gets closer and closer to becoming full blown all out world war.
the august war was very close to that.

the veil of modern civilization is wearing thin i think.

i do agree with you about the chinese about the economic obligations, but consider this. do you really think the US can pay all its debt to china?

i dont.

what will the chinese do to get their payment?

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Norway and Sweden and Finland would never go east, but these countries have the most idealistic caring people in the world, with the highest standards of living due to their wonderful natures. My grandfather was proud of his norwegian ancestory and of my hero of a great uncle who was a conscientious objector during the war in the US, and went to prison a non-murdering, non-slave to the illuminati decent human being, one of the best, and bravest you would ever meet, who would give the shirt off his back for those in needs. If the war is called, don't tell me you're going!! you like the bloodlines and their evil war machine that much. SAY NO!!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic

what will the chinese do to get their payment?

That's the 200 Billion dollar question. USA cannot pay its debts to the world, as USA doesnt produce enough... well anything to cover those debts. Service market doesn't produce foreign currency...

Two years ago i said it would be more likely for Russia and China to fight a war than become allies. But now? I really can't tell how the economics shift the political and military allegiances and ambitions.

[edit on 23-12-2008 by northwolf]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Scandinavia is not the place your grandparents left, saddly. Norway is still a decent place (all are if compared to any african country). But Sweden is breaking under massive immigration from iraq, somalia and the balkans. There are ongoing riots in Malmö and youth is clashing in Stockholm. Finland is falling into an apathy, due to the high social security and high taxes, working hard isn't worth the gain so more and more people are dropping on the unelpoyment track as the you can still live nicely... we are falling appart from the inside

But be it illuminatis or reptilians, no armed Russian crosess out border. Some nations have the position to choose by their morals, the rest of us have to do what we need to survive.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
War is STUPID! Period.
Going to war (killing) for Peace is like*snip*

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24-12-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
OT:
War is terrible.
And i most certainly dont want to fight. But the concept of defence, seems to be fading from american minds. I will not give my freedom away, nor will i take anyone elses. Leave me alone and i wont hurt a fly, try to hurt me and i will destroy you. This is the mindset around here.
/OT by me

Back to the map:
Put Belarus into dark red, they will follow Russia into anything.

[edit on 23-12-2008 by northwolf]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

FORGET THE NUKES CONVENTIONAL WAR WOULD BE
lets do it the MANLY WAY SWORDS AND SHIELD ....as an old sec ops guy if u actually kill somebody by hand or knife[not gun] is not as pretty as the movies
Imagine yourself hacking at somebody with a 3 foot sword or someone hacking at YOU ...do you yhink that OUR video gaming playing, were is my latte, youth would stand to the challenge and the sanguine reality of it!!!
Are there any REAL LEADERS that any body alive today no matter what country will promt you and inspire you to lend yourself to THAT kind of warfare WOULD YOU PUT YOURSELF IN THE 1100'S AND GO TO WAR THAT WAY ...THOSE PEOPLE really believed!!! THOSE WERE REAL LEADERS!!
LIKE I SAID LETS GO TO WAR THE OLD FASION WAY CAN U IMAGINE 10000 PEOPLE ON EACH SIDE WITH BROADSWORDS AND SHIELD WHAT A GREAT SIGHT IT WOULD BE TO HOLD !!! WOULD YOU COWARD AND HIDE OR DEFEND YOUR COUNTRY
Just my 2 cents

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join