It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.P: My Astral Projection Guide

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by The dragon is taking over
I like the video a lot, and thank you for the quick reply.

I was wondering if anyone could maybe just help me push through the threshold, as I having been trying for at least a year, and have not really gotten out of my body even... If anyone could, I will send them a u2u with some information.

Thank you,
-Stephanie

Now that you are armed with Caveman's great podcasts you have a good foundation. Be patient and stick with it. Avoid people who want to personally interact with you through this process.

It occurred to me that these treasured simple tips a lot of people take for granted, might be very helpful to newbies.

Simple Tips For OBE/AP

1) Make sure your sleep habits are consistent. Don't drink alcohol, smoke or take drugs, especially within a few days of when you attempt OBE/AP.

2) Perhaps starting with Lucid Dreaming is a better first step for you? Most people experience a lot of lucid dreaming and at least some sleep paralysis prior to OBE/AP.

Personally, I learned lucid dreaming long ago when I read Don Juan. Tell yourself that you will look at your hands in your dream. It helps to stare at your hands prior to sleep and repeating it like a mantra... "I will look at my hands in my dream", over and over again.

3) The next part is REMEMBERING TO DO IT. Don't be surprised if you struggle to remember to do it many times before you finally do. Just be patient. You will be THRILLED when you do! Sometimes, this does lead directly to OBE or AP.

4) If you have trouble remembering your dreams when you wake up (like all those who say "I never dream"), you may very well be experiencing all the above and simply don't recall it!

My personal trick to remembering dreams... Drink a good amount of water right before going to sleep. Keep a notepad and pencil next to your bed. When you wake up to pee, WRITE DOWN A NOTE OR TWO! Just a few words ought to trigger the rest of the memory when you read it the next day. Take a moment each day to type on your memory in a "dream journal". You will in fact be training yourself to remember your experiences.

5) LASTLY, TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOUR PINEAL GLAND!! Here is a good link:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I hope this helps! If anyone has counter-points or suggestions to improve these tips, I'm very interested.

All that I know is that I know nothing -Socrates

[edit on 6-1-2009 by SuperSpark]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Caveman,

I recently found your podcast on astral projection, gave it a listen. Great job! I have also been reading a few books on the subject as well. I do have a question.

It seems as of late rather than projecting anywhere, I have been lucid dreaming more than ever. Is this part of the process or a pre-cursor? Really not sure. I hadn't started to lucid dream until I became interested in astral projection.

I have been meditating for quite some time now and am able to visualize pretty easily.

Also a quick note...

In the book I'm reading at the present moment, the author insists that you have the ability while also being in a meditative state, that is what I've been attempting to do. The book is titled, "Astral Projection For Beginners" by Edain McCoy. It hasn't been a month yet but I'm working on it.

Peace.

[edit on 1/6/2009 by Frank_Rizzo]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank_Rizzo

Hey thanks for the feedback and it is strange the difference between astral projection and lucid dreaming but like everything it seems to be perception..

I mean perception wise i'm infront of a computer right now.

Perceptin wise the soul leaves the "body" while projecting.. argueably do ever more anywhere or is that just a perception and the universe exists within a single point?

If we were to look at it on a simple level though.. I think there is a difference.. as dreaming you seem more capable, more in control, more of a body with functions to you, wheras in projection it seems more like your a weak little ghost that floats rather then walks, etc etc.. it seems more ghostly..and projecting usually leads me always from a bed in a realm that resembles my home in one way or another.

I'm no expert though, its as new to me as it is to you perhaps. You're perhaps more experienced then me, you probably have good perceptions you could add.

I read a book and tried other peoples techniques with projecting but it just wasnt doin it for me, i had to do it all on my own.

And I can't remember what else i was gunna say.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

i havent quite gotten to projection through meditation yet but I've tried in the past. It seems interesting, its a matter of crossing the threshold I would think.

like trying to roll your mind into astral mode.. you can make the body paralysed and dead to you and in a high state of meditation but I can't figure out where it goes from there, i still feel so close to the physical, mindwise.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frank_Rizzo
It seems as of late rather than projecting anywhere, I have been lucid dreaming more than ever. Is this part of the process or a pre-cursor? Really not sure. I hadn't started to lucid dream until I became interested in astral projection.

I think I have a decent analogy for Lucid Dreaming vs. Out of Body Experience / Astral Projection.

You can think of lucid dreaming as an artificial reality program on your local computer operated by your Will. You are generally as safe as your physical body and the only limit on your control of the environment is your focus.

When you enter higher realms however, you connect with larger and larger networks of other “computers” (each operated by the Will and energy of others). These all interconnect and form a “consensus reality”, which forms each realm (including in my opinion, your normal wake state). Now you have to compete with this strong consensus reality to effect any change. It's much more difficult of course and your influence is highly localized and let's say meek.

I further believe that when two or more Wills interact directly in such realms, they can challenge each others' local reality. This can be VERY interesting.

Most will not recall experiencing this and will be compelled to deny it occurs. I think either they haven't experienced enough or just don't remember it. Perhaps because the encounters are usually vastly one-sided in which case it is simply experienced passively as “a strange experience”, not understood at all (they can be highly abstract, symbolic or anecdotal depending on the “the other” involved and the realm), or not recalled at all if that is part of the intent the dominant Will.

Well, that's my two cents

[edit on 6-1-2009 by SuperSpark]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSpark

I kind of feel the same but there others who disagree.

They think we go OBE every night we dream, and that a LD is another way of percieving things.

I do feel dreams are more in our power, as thats what this book of channeled thoughts have also confirmed with me. I see nothing wrong with either but I feel projecting you feel more limited depending on where you are, not your mindset.

People tell me its because i dont think i can do something.. which you could say for everything... how come i can't fly in my waking life right now? Because I don't believe..

But fact of the matter is in different astral planes I have noticed different physics or levels of expendable energy.

Sometimes I can fly easily..sometimes just jump kind of high.. sometimes it feels roughly the same, sometimes I have some sweet TK skills.

But the point is there is a consistent variation i've noticed.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Doctor, I concur!

Going back up a few posts here, I really do think a little lucid dreaming experience is a good precursor to AP. A little less freaky and it seems to bring on the body buzz / sleep paralysis spontaneously

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I have found it easier to recognize whether I am in surreal dream mode or lucid.

When things around me become surreal or strange or start making little sense to me, I can check it, hear in my head "I am dreaming" and bring myself back to the deep meditative state. I do my meditations after work at night when it is finally silent in my homestead, and there are occasions where I do end up drifting off, but I "catch" myself mentally now and return to my intended activity.

As for Sleep Paralysis, I have had this prior to any imagery that takes place, mind you I have only worked on AP through meditation, as I find it hard to awaken at any point in the morning let alone early twilight hours (I love sleep)! It wasn't unpleasant, though a bit un-nerving at first. After my Paralysis begins, that is when I try to begin my imagery of an astral me a few feet away from my physical body.

But I find even doing this through meditation is getting easier as well.

Thank you again Caveman for this thread, there are not a lot of people that I can discuss these topics openly with.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I enjoy discussing these types of things, thanks for the input.

I hear ya on the visions turning into dreams. I've been able to lucid dream like this a few times in the morning. I would wake up, and with my eyes closed I could still get the background rambling on the mind, i would see flashes of images and I would try and tune in on them. It came a point where I realised they were a bit more complete in I was actually standing in them and so I realized I wasn't clearing in my bed anymore and that I'm lucid now.

I think that was the dream I had smashed teeth, I remember waking up thinking, well at least it was my astral teeth, astral me better get them fixed! ha, it was a bit frightening.

Un-nerving is one way i would describe the first couple of experiences too.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I tried the podcast and I had one of the weirdest dreams ever. There was actually a weird chant I had, which had specific word forms and everytime I said it I could do something I wanted to do.

Its weird but gosh. I can't even explain what I dreamt about without sounding crazy. I'm trying again tonight.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie82

Right on.

Feel free to share.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

Just to clarify, I'm saying that in procession...

1) remembering your dreams is generally a prerequisite to vivid dreaming and OBE (if you don't remember them, they may as well not have happened, right?)

2) and vivid dreaming experiences are generally a perquisite to "sleep paralysis"/"body buzzing"

3) finally, "sleep paralysis"/"body buzzing" is generally a perquisite to astral projection / Out of Body of Experience

I say "generally" in all three cases because it is just so. Many will skip some or all of these.

I am giving the tip of drinking a lot of water so you have to wake up to pee + jotting a quick note down when you do so + keeping a dream log developed out of these notes... to start this chain of achievements. That's all. Would not recommend it to people further along unless they suddenly stop experiencing altogether (in case they perhaps they simply stopped remembering).

"I want to feed the pigeons today" -Nikola Tesla when asked by a reporter what more he wanted to achieve in his lifetime

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Hello again, sorry to sound thick but am old but i don't know what a podcast player is, your write-ups for this are all good & i'd like to find out for myself, could i trouble you to explain how? I personally have found that my lucid dreams come true later in life but i can never predict when, had them since i was 8ish i think. Going through developmental phase again & i came across your site. Coincidence?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Great guide Caveman thank you!

I find it interesting that the noise you replicated is the same noise I have in my ears all the time

So now it's just a matter of me focusing in on that noise (when I don't it just stays in the background).

Thanks again, I've passed this podcast on to a few of my friends as well!

-JR

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Hi I realize cave is not here but maybe someone else can help me. I had my first OBE this morning in ages, I woke up very early so I decided to open my chakras and then when they were open lie back down and try to OBE. Almost straight away I heard the tone, the tone of sleep paralysis, I recognized it and welcomed it. Actually it was more of a mixture of tones some high some low in frequency. It felt great to hear it again after so long.

Then it felt like I was in a centrifuge with my head spinning round the outside and my feet in the middle. Ive had this spinning feeling before but standing up and spinning, this was more being spun round lying down. Then I OBE and the next part is wierd.....I heard angelic music all around me
Like classical music. Where this came from I have no idea, not from my radio thats for sure. I saw blue sky above me and I tryed to race towards it, with some sucesss. I saw my self and touched my face it felt very frozen and paralysed.

The music was lovely, very relaxing and beautiful, I loved hearing it.

I sensed someone in the room they told me their braclet had broke

Anyone else heard very vivid music like this in an OBE?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Hi, thanks for the podcast.

Last night i tryed your method, along with the 3000,2999,2998 tech.

Thing is, and i dont know, my heart rate when to the roof when
i noticed the diference in the ringing of my ears and the start
of great flow.... great pressure on chest... i had this other times..
its just so intense...

Is this because of fear?

PS: i had a terrible deep vein trombosis on my left leg in march/2008...
the doctor said im cured, but nevertheless it affected my circulatory
system.... is this affecting? i have a very visible vein through my chest
from that terrible experience.... the doc said 2 years to full recovery..

[]´s
RP

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

Nope, only creepy music for me.
. Sounds pretty nice.

Congradulations on getting out.

Waking up and opening your chakras is good if you can feel up to it. When you fall back to sleep, I have noticed some results from this.

My 2nd night in peru I woke up, took a shower, opened the chakras, went back to sleep and had very lucid dreams. I was just in the mindset I guess (why am I talking to this person, I´m in peru, this is a dream).. I think because my mind was so focussed on being in peru that it helped click in, but i dont know. Opening the chakras may have deffinately helped.

I noticed I felt an energy when I became lucid, and it got more powerful as I went through a few short thoughts about why I was dreaming... like.. enforcing the realization that I was lucid caused this energy to intensify. At that moment, the guy I was talking to and the whole scene dissolved away.

very interesting.

Opening chakras in the morning and going back to sleep

Alright, you probably won´t hear from me for 2 weeks but maybe. From the sound of it, you´ll probably start having more. They will become more frequent for you.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertPaulsim

Only once I have experienced what sounds like you´re describing. For me I wouldn´t say it was the heart rate or the heart at all, but rather the heart chakra itself. It felt more like a spinning sphere. It was intense overwhelming. I though I could project but I was having a hard time. I eventually fell back to sleep (from whatever state I was in), because I couldn´t deal with it anymore.

I wouldn´t worry. Could be your leg but i´m only currently aware of only my body.

I tried an AP technique last year that mentioned this heart chakra thing, and their explanation was that it´s the heart chakra that binds our soul/energy to this world. So perhaps you were experiencing an earlier then paralysis or different state prior to a projection.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by CavemanDD

Nope, only creepy music for me.
. Sounds pretty nice.

Congradulations on getting out.

Waking up and opening your chakras is good if you can feel up to it. When you fall back to sleep, I have noticed some results from this.

Thanks, Ive actually managed to OBE again for a second time this week using this technique, so it seems to me getting up early, opening my chakras and then going "back" to sleep is a technique that works for me.

I heard the angelic choir music again the second time I OBEd , but much more distant. Do you mean you hear creepy music or is that the music you play to OBE with? This music I hear, where is it from? Its not from me or any radios, I dont have a clock radio. Yet its there when I OBE, its definatly there.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I mean I was in some plane, some unfriendly one and it was like an ambient background music there.

Aside from that my experiences are pretty music free.

Its like a peaceful quiet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join