It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RFID Tracking...happening sooner than you think!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
story.news.yahoo.com.../zd/20040405/tc_zd/123617&cid=1738&ncid=1730&sid=96479361 Attention, Wal-Mart shoppers: If the quantity of data that eventually pours out of RFID technology is half as voluminous as the recent spate of vendor announcements and their concurrent hot-air hype, every DBA in the land should take cover.

Wal-Mart the first to deploy RFID ....lookout barcodes and here comes personal tracking. How far will this track? When an item has an rfid tag built in, will it be logged in some computer that you bought it, and if it is on your clothes will it be known to big brother where you are at?

your thoughts please

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Just a matter of time before the capsuled rfid tags are implanted in children
as an addition to fingerprinting. It's been done on cats and dogs for alomost 10 years now.

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by cardsharp]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I had actually read in Scientific American's March(or Feb) issue that Walmart was giving up their plans to do the RFID thing because of public outcry and paranoia. Well, not really give it up, but reevaluate using them and what info would be transmitted. Looks like they may have made up their minds...

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
I had actually read in Scientific American's March(or Feb) issue that Walmart was giving up their plans to do the RFID thing because of public outcry and paranoia. Well, not really give it up, but reevaluate using them and what info would be transmitted. Looks like they may have made up their minds...

not true at all, living in the home of the beast of bentonville you tend to come across people in the know, rfid is alive and well. if walmart is planning to give up...why do they keep doing tests?

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I've actually found one of those tags (3rd picture) in a box of Advil.

Originally posted by razorbackhater
not true at all, living in the home of the beast of bentonville you tend to come across people in the know,

I like that, "the beast". Do you have any other information for us? It's been a bit since I saw your thread updated (RATS). That's a great thread btw.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   

not true at all, living in the home of the beast of bentonville you tend to come across people in the know, rfid is alive and well. if walmart is planning to give up...why do they keep doing tests?

It might have been a marketing thing. They probably know a lot of us conspiracy nuts and the generally paranoid read magazines like that, and they figured "we'll just tell them what they want to hear so they'll keep shopping here." Dirty rotten...

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I recently took a trip to our local wal-mart in search of the store manager. Once i found him i promptly informed him that this would be the last time i ever set foot in his store.
He looked startled and asked me why.
I told him it was because of RFID chips and the corporate decision to put them in their products.
I told him i would encourage everyone i know to avoid wal-mart too. I also told him to 'pass that on up' thru his chain of command.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by aware
I recently took a trip to our local wal-mart in search of the store manager. Once i found him i promptly informed him that this would be the last time i ever set foot in his store.
I told him it was because of RFID chips and the corporate decision to put them in their products.
I told him i would encourage everyone i know to avoid wal-mart too. I also told him to 'pass that on up' thru his chain of command.

Unfortunatelly, the low man on the totempole isn't going to be able to do much. If, say, Heins refused to sell their product in Wal-Mart because of the RFID, Wal-Mart would probably think twice. So my recomendation: write to companies who sell their products in Wal-Mart. Maybe a few of them will listen if enough of us do so.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
no it's real, walmart has meetings in reguards to rfids with vendors all the time around here, hell it makes the paper here.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Originally posted by aware

Unfortunatelly, the low man on the totempole isn't going to be able to do much. If, say, Heins refused to sell their product in Wal-Mart because of the RFID, Wal-Mart would probably think twice. So my recomendation: write to companies who sell their products in Wal-Mart. Maybe a few of them will listen if enough of us do so.

well people will still shop at walmart because of low prices, enough said.
Walmart sets the prices for the vendors, if the vendors don't agree...cya. the vendors are under the thumb of Walmart, a good example of this is that Walmart demanded that all vendors have local offices within bentonville, needless to say they are all here almost and this place has grown like crazy. So telling a vendor you are not going to buy their product if they sell through Walmart is useless.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
yes, but wal mart is owned by a Mason!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
who is it that you think owns walmart?

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
No thoughts but I will poke my head in and say i'm no longer going to be shopping there....

Just like in England, if I lived there, i'd be getting the hell outta there as fast as I could with the whole national ID card thing...

Wrong wrong wrong wrong...

Boycott WAL-MART!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   

who is it that you think owns walmart?

ummmm, Sam Walton

Seriously, these "tags" are going to be used by all stores eventually, wal-mart is just ahead of the game...

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Also, I guess i'll start making my own line of clothes if this # is going to be happening...

I'll be shopping at Amazon for my books, i'll be shopping at Lowe's for home and outdoor apparel, i'll be shopping Atkins for low carb food, and buying my beer at a party store...

Screw Wally.... If he is a Mason, it wouldn't surprise me.
These guys are control freaks. If everybody at the top is a Mason, it just leads me further to my conclusion that there is a nwo, and georgy pordgy is part of it... I also wouldn't doubt the elections being rigged again this year so they can further their plans for a nwo and track their slaves in case they need to reach into their pockets for some spare change....

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
Also, I guess i'll start making my own line of clothes if this # is going to be happening...

I'll be shopping at Amazon for my books, i'll be shopping at Lowe's for home and outdoor apparel, i'll be shopping Atkins for low carb food, and buying my beer at a party store...

Screw Wally.... If he is a Mason, it wouldn't surprise me.
These guys are control freaks. If everybody at the top is a Mason, it just leads me further to my conclusion that there is a nwo, and georgy pordgy is part of it... I also wouldn't doubt the elections being rigged again this year so they can further their plans for a nwo and track their slaves in case they need to reach into their pockets for some spare change....

Yes George is 32nd degree mason as well!
hmnm see the connections?

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
oddly enough the walton family has very little to do with walmart, must be nice to wake up and be worth 20 something billion and not really do anything.
as far as sam being a mason,i don't know, i know his first store (sam's five and dime) is within a hundred feet of a lodge. actually sam was pretty cool, he never showed his money to the people in the town and was kind of an ordinary guy, but when he died the black cloud so to speak moved in on walmart. maybe a look into my r.a.t.s thread would be interesting in reguards to rfid's.

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by razorbackhater]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
my question is ...are theese tags not removed from the merchandise before you leave the store ????

and could this just be a part of the ploy to get you more used to tracking devices when wal mart trys to say that its used to help save them money ???

and does anyone besides me think that the huge mega mergers between corporations that is taking place at a unprecedented rate nowadays is a part of the push to globalize everything under a one world government ???

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I don't think they are removed. Sort of like products such as DCD's and CD's are sold with a security tag. It is deactivated when you pay for it. so when you walk out the door the alarm does not go off.

However with the newley programmed tags, when you pay with your credit card, the rfid tag will be coded to YOU.

This could then be used like minority report to create a database of things you like, so when you pass an advertisement it will change and be talored to you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join