It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DALLAS COWBOYS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
know that this was going to be the last game in Dallas. Why would the NFL put the Ravens to play in it. Why would you not put the Raiders in it so that they could have had a chance to bet them, and atleast if they had won NO TEAM would have went undefeated. I just want to hear what everyone else has to say about this?

This was the Ravens' first game here and, thus, they'll finish 1-0 at Texas Stadium. The Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders went 3-0 and are the only other NFL team not to lose under the hole in the roof.

Thank you for your time!

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
im pretty sure theyre not thinking about the schedule and when the stadium closes at the same time

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I'm a cowboy fan and I do wish the NFL would have done that but I don't think they could just pick who plays who, i'm pretty sure there is a set order and since the raiders are not only a west coast team but also afc they probally can't play the cowboys until a certain year so don't be so mad.

Something I think is ridicoulous is the last game in Yankee stadium, come on the orioles are u kidding me? That is something EXTREMELY EASY to avoid MLB could have easily put the redsoxs there instead since there in the division.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by supermanusmc200585

How about they just not give up 159 yards on two rushing plays?

There's an idea.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

How about they just not give up 159 yards on two rushing plays?

There's an idea.

Right on. That just killed me to watch. All I can say is leave it to the cowboys. One week we beat the Giants of all teams, 20-8, then the next week we turn around and play like we havent played football before.

IT just drives me nuts. If I recall correctly, The cowboys can get a wild card spot and all they have to do is beat Phillie. But then again Phillie always puts up a great fight against the Boys so it should be interesting to see what happens.

Whether or not the Cowboys win I am more than ready for the playoffs. If the boys do make it, Heres hoping Romo doesnt blow it with a fumble at the end of the first round game like he has the past 2 years.

[edit on 23-12-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I don't think Romo is your guy. I know all that media hype is easy to get in to, but it's best to focus on results.

He had an OK first year, a good second year, and he's having a decent year this year.

The Cowboys went to the playoffs his first and second year, and are in contention this year, but what do they have to show for it? 9-7 his first year, that's not that great of a record. 13-3 was good, but they were one and done. This year, they may very well finish 9-7 again.

I don't know. He seems like an above average to good QB, but not a guy who is ever going to win anything. Maybe when he grows up some and separates himself from this celebrity image he's created, he'll be able to settle down and win, but until then, I think you boys got a choker on your hands...

...which makes me happy. Anytime the Cowboys choke, it's a happy day. God knows I can't have too many happy days considering the failures of my team, but I digress.

[edit on 12/23/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   

reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I don't think Romo is your guy. I know all that media hype is easy to get in to, but it's best to focus on results.

He had an OK first year, a good second year, and he's having a decent year this year.

The Cowboys went to the playoffs his first and second year, and are in contention this year, but what do they have to show for it? 9-7 his first year, that's not that great of a record. 13-3 was good, but they were oparne and done. This year, they may very well finish 9-7 again.

I don't know. He seems like an above average to good QB, but not a guy who is ever going to win anything. Maybe when he grows up some and separates himself from this celebrity image he's created, he'll be able to settle down and win, but until then, I think you boys got a choker on your hands...

I agree with you and I have been saying it for quite some time. Romo is good, He just isnt great. I dont see him getting us to the superbowl, I just dont.

We need to find the next Troy Aikman. Now there was a great Quarterback.

Another reason we havent done better this season is that the cowboys have had to deal with alot of injuries this season. We have had alot of key players out at different times during the season. Romo was out, Barber was out, Felix Jones ( damn good for a rookie) is out for the season. There were other key player injuries but I cant think of them at the moment.

The cowboys are lucky to even have a shot at the playoffs this year. Our defense has stepped up quite a bit when our Offense screwed up.

If we play like hell next week I think we can take out Phillie but We will have to play really hard. If we play like we did on saturday Dallas can kiss the play offs good bye.

If we win I cant see our team getting much further than the first round. Our team is just not at full power. Mabye next season, but then again, Ive been saying "mabye next season" for years now...

[edit on 23-12-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
To answer your question about finding another Troy Aikman I think we have.
Troy was not always that good. If anyone watched him play his first year you would have seen it. Most of you are look at the Troy that won 3 Super bowls but just to let you know he did not start off that well. Anyways all I am saying is no matter who the put at a star Quarterback someone before him has done better. Everyone always say we need another...... I think Romo will do good he just needs time.

www.nfl.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Whaa wha wha wha wha whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
And then perhaps a bad-dum-dum. Hey, at least you might almost be as good as the broncos!

Cj

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
All that i am saying is that Dallas Cowboys are one if not the bigest named NFL team. The NFL knew that this was going to be Dallas last game at Texas Stadium. So they should have planed this out years ago. Dallas has done alot of great things in this stadium and to watch them not play in it next year is going to be difference. Think that Dallas has done alot of great thing in this stadium we are just going to have to wait and see if the new one can live up to this one.

History: The suburban facility is known far and wide for its unique partial roof, which covers fans from inclement weather, but leaves the game outdoors – as those familiar with Texas Stadium can attest to after seeing the snowy Thanksgiving game with the mindboggling ending against the Dolphins in 1993. Including the hole in the roof, the facility was completed at a cost of $35 million in 1971. Its Stadium Club is one of the Dallas area's foremost settings for private parties, banquets and convention gatherings.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

It doesn't matter who they play. If the Cowboys are a playoff caliber team, they have to beat playoff caliber teams.

Please tell me you're not blaming that loss on the NFL...

That's a cop out. Dallas didn't deserve to win that game with the way they played.

As for the stadium, get over it. It's a dump. The hole in the roof isn't a great thing. Sure, it's the first one to have that, but that's probably because it's stupid. There's nothing special about it.

The Cowboys moving out of Texas Stadium isn't like the Packers moving out of Lambeau Field or the Bears moving out of Soldier Field. Despite the fact that the Cowboys have more Super Bowls, the stadium just isn't that legendary.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
the topic was not about the winning or losing. the topic was about see the last game played at texas stadium. oh and by the way the hole in roof is a great thing. dallas is call america team and the hole is there so that god is able to look down and see america team play football.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by supermanusmc200585
the hole is there so that god is able to look down and see america team play football.

Does God wear a pink Tony Romo jersey too? Him watching obviously doesn't help.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
just to let you know tony romo is not the only QB that has played for dallas. here is another line you should learn. YOU CAN'T WIN THEM ALL!

[edit on 24-12-2008 by supermanusmc200585]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
The only way it could have been better for me is if the Cowboys lost two games on the last day instead of just one. It broke my heart.....honestly.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
*CHOKE* *CHOKE*

Sorry, it's been nagging me. Strangely it started two and a half hours ago.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

*CHOKE* *CHOKE*

Sorry, it's been nagging me. Strangely it started two and a half hours ago.

There is a God, and he aint no Cowboy fan.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
It seems to me that Dallas has been finding ways to either choke during the season or during the playoffs. I think this may go back to when Parcells coached the team. Even with Parcells as coach they only made the playoffs once I think. Dallas has never been the same since the 2000 - 2001 season. As for this year, Dallas just choked like Bush on a pretzel. They just can't win any of the important games period. They basically had no defense today nor were they able to execute just about every single play during the games.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
oooooooooooooooo

E...A...G...L...E...S......EAGLES!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join