It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama & Biden To Protect Bush Administration Criminals

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Obama & Biden To Protect Bush Administration Criminals

www.prisonplanet.com

When asked by ABC host George Stephanopoulos if top level Bush administration officials would be prosecuted for mandating prisoner abuse, Biden said that he and Obama would be “focusing on the future,” adding “I think we should be looking forward, not backwards.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
There goes all the hope I had that the deaths of countless Americans and Middle Easterners wouldn't be in vain. I didn't really think that Obama would bring charges against Bush/Cheney and the gang but it just sucks that we supposedly have the best "justice" system in the world but when it really counts it fails us...Sad really.

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I'm not surprised; it truly is the good old boys club in Washington.

The Constitution, along with Human Rights, have been abandoned in favor of prime time from Hollywood...:shk:

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I didnt expect any more out of them.

Justice will be served eventually. It always does!

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
All I keep seeing is more proof that Obama is the same slimy ass politician thats always the guy who lands in power.The best deceitful manipulater wins.
Its just like poker.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
sad is right ...I swear some ppls children

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Just like the people involved with the JFK, Tonkin Gulf, and Watergate were all held "responsible"....oh wait.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Not always... That's what I'm afraid of because when it's something like this with such high-profile players our justice system usually fails. If you have enough money/power you're above the law.

The fact that they're so quick to admit what they've done and that they're not the least bit worried about getting prosecuted actually proves to me that our government is run by secret societies, since when they take the oath into a secret society they swear that they will be loyal to no laws except those of the order.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Yea, I have to admit that during the campaigns I was sucked in by him too, but after he won my reasonable mind broke through again and I was like "wait, if he's so 'for the people' why did he get elected?" lol. I feel like we're screwed no matter what...

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Yep, I posted this thread about it yesterday:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pretty much sums up how I feel about it. We are in for 4 more years of the EXACT same nonsense, perhaps even WORSE. More criminality, more barbarisms, and more excusals for it all---Criminals protecting criminals at the expense of the "little people".

The populace was check-mated once again, with the ILLUSION of "change" and "differences", when in fact NOTHING will change. The same special interests will continue being served, without missing a beat.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

OO I'm sorry, I used the search thing but nothing came up... Sorry

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I hate to say such a dumb thing but I got a bit choked up when he gave his acceptance speech.Now I wonder if they used mindcontrol or if he really was that good a liar.It matters none to me as I am Canadian but I bought it hook line and sinker.
I was always taught that you can't beat a politician without being one first.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Yah i saw DD's post...hes all over this stuff like a bad rash,always click his posts to see whats happening...but i knew this was going to happen even before obama was elected.Unless you have stars in your eyes and turn on the obama! tshhh ah-ahh he is the saviour of the universe! he'll save everyone of us!...its obvious he is in the pocket of big business. etc

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I did too!! It brought tears to my eyes... His speech and seeing him in stage with his family. I saw them and for the first time it actually like clicked in my ind that we were going to have a black president, very historical moment, blah blah blah. Kind of embarrassing I don't know, he was very inspiring and gave people hope, and he's great at giving speeches. Other than that, he's just a politician...

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Let's revisit this scenario, the VP elect is asked, in general, if the next admln. would pull a vendeta against the previous. He's not going to answer a question like that. Cheney might, and take real glee in it. Even Joe "foot in mouth" knew that it was a leading question.

I am curious, as all of us are, on how some of the stunts this admin. will be looked upon. I doubt very much that the executive office will get involved outside of not standing in the way of any scrutiny that may arise.

There are plenty of congressmen who are just chomping at the bight to start slinging lawsuits around.

Wait and see before rushing to judgment. Some of these stunts have been so outrageous that I'm sure a least some type of stink will get churned up.

edit to add: There is a warming heat already focusing on some of Mr. Rove's more interesting shenanigans. This may just be the beginning. There are already some threads about this. I'll try and post links or maybe somebody can help me out. Happy, happy everybody.

[edit on 22-12-2008 by zlots331]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This really is a contradiction to what he said when he was campaigning!

Obama Would "Immediately Review" Potential Of Crimes In Bush White House

Obama Intends to Investigate Use of Torture by Bush Administration

Obama would ask his AG to Investigate Bush Administration Crimes

Obama to Take On Torture?

And then there's this one one, ...

Obama Considering Commission On Bush Admin Torture

Obama aides are wary of taking any steps that would smack of political retribution. That's one reason they are reluctant to see high-profile investigations by the Democratic-controlled Congress or to greenlight a broad Justice inquiry (absent specific new evidence of wrongdoing). "If there was any effort to have war-crimes prosecutions of the Bush administration, you'd instantly destroy whatever hopes you have of bipartisanship," said Robert Litt, a former Justice criminal division chief
******SKIP******
An alternative model, floated by human-rights lawyer Scott Horton, would be a presidential commission similar to the one appointed by Gerald Ford in 1975 and headed by Nelson Rockefeller that investigated cold-war abuses by the CIA.

For his part, Obama's expected nominee for Attorney General, Eric Holder, has long spoken out against the Bush administration's torture policy.

In 2004, for example, Holder told an American Constitution Society conference, "The notion that the Department of Justice would in essence sanction the use of torture as part of the President's plenary power over military operations is as wrong as it is shortsighted.

Who knows how this will turn out, but I really hope he doesn't go back on his campaign pledge to have an investigate for Bush administration crimes

[edit on 12/22/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Lookie here,

Friends, i meant by my words that maybe a higher power would take care of their butts.

The other offenses by the others were peanuts compared to this crime spree, and if WE THE PEOPLE AND THEY THE NEW ADMINISTRATION WILL NOT DO ANYTHING, perhaps there will be "divine intervention"

They may even die and never pay for their sins, but somebody close to them surely will. I believe in what goes around comes around.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by zlots331
Let's revisit this scenario, the VP elect is asked, in general, if the next admln. would pull a vendeta against the previous.

There's also another reason why Biden might not want to come out and just say they are going investigate Bush and his administration for war crimes.

You have to remember that, right now, the Obama and Bush people are working very closely together trying get everybody up to speed and working hard to make the transition as smooth as possible.

I don't think that Bush or his administration would make this transition very easy for Obama and his people if they came out and said that they ARE going to investigate the Bush administration for war crimes.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Total Reality

No worries TR.

I'm just glad to see that others have figured out how we've all been played yet again by the manipulators who are running (and RUINING) things. lol

The more things "change", the more they remain the same.

Sigh

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

such a surprise....Did Y'all really expect CHANGE??

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join