It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists Have No Morals.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

What your telling me is that we are not our brothers keeper right ?
Well I disagree ....we are all in this world together ...and yes we are our brothers keepers and we all have a moral obligation to eachother ..whether we like it or not ..that is LOVE >....

No, that is codependency!! Big time! That is called counterfeit love.

It is acting the saint while condescending the brother.

It is also not keeping in mind the verse that says; "Bad associations spoils useful habits." No, not all are our friends or brothers. We NEED to have the wisdom to know the difference, and some deserve the consequences of their actions. This is how we get victimized!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixProphet

What your telling me is that we are not our brothers keeper right ?
Well I disagree ....we are all in this world together ...and yes we are our brothers keepers and we all have a moral obligation to eachother ..whether we like it or not ..that is LOVE >....

No, that is codependency!! Big time! That is called counterfeit love.

It is acting the saint while condescending the brother.

It is also not keeping in mind the verse that says; "Bad associations spoils useful habits." No, not all are our friends or brothers. We NEED to have the wisdom to know the difference, and some deserve the consequences of their actions. This is how we get victimized!

Well I would ask you then ...how would a bad person change his ways if the only people who would be friends with him were bad people too ?
Everyone needs a good example around them in order to see what being a good example is ...........
This is the problem I have with most Church peoples ..They sit in their Church all comfy with no one but believers and they sure wont allow anyone in or go out and seek those who are lost to bring them into the kingdom ...
They are sitting there in there own little salvation and do not care ONE BIT about the lost .....or the lonely or those who cannot help themselves ......
I would ask WHAT GOOD THEN ARE THEY ? WHAT KIND OF A LIGHT ARE THEY BEING TO THE WORLD ?
I personally have always been a friend to those WHO NO ONE CARES ABOUT>...They NEED LOVE and they NEED A FRIEND who is not like EVERYONE ELSE in order for them to see that not everyone thinks they are just LOW LIVES and worthless eaters or whatever you want to call them ..
It is LOVE and CONCERN and someone who would not be ashamed to know them that will INSPIRE them to change for the better .................

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Again, it is having the wisdom to know the difference! It is called; boundaries!
YOU, may have befriended Ted Bundy, Hitler, Richard Dahmer, etc. but that would not be wise.

There are individuals that take advantage of individuals like yourself. You may have good intention, but those whom you are helping may use you.

Where does helping someone and kicking the dust off your feet - come in? Jesus and Jah are not codependent! They let countless suffer the consequences. Jesus also said to "hate what is bad!" That of course, would include individuals.

So, would I turn away someone who asks for help? No! I help people daily. But at the same time, I set boundaries. It is knowing WHEN to help and when to let go.

Sometimes helping someone may enable them to be a victim and move on to the next person to victimize. On the other hand, there are loving individuals that deserve and warrant help.

It also involves knowing one's limitations! Your helping may actually cause further damage that you are unaware of. So, knowing our limitations means recognizing where we are able to help and where it goes beyond our understanding or knowledge.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Well, I'm an atheist and I like to think that I have morals.
But I'm sure somebody will disagree with me.

I think I would go as far as to say that I have more morals than religious people, since I take logic and probability into account and don't take "blind leaps of faith" or anything.

I also don't force my beliefs on people. I think that = good morals.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
Well, I'm an atheist and I like to think that I have morals.
But I'm sure somebody will disagree with me.

I think I would go as far as to say that I have more morals than religious people, since I take logic and probability into account and don't take "blind leaps of faith" or anything.

I also don't force my beliefs on people. I think that = good morals.

This is what I dont get ....I post my opinion on a post on a message board that has many different beliefs on it (even non beliefs) ..and because I am a Christian ..when I post my opinion it is considered forcing my beliefs on others ..you post your opinion (which is totally opposite of mine) and yet somehow your not forcing your beliefs on anyone ......but I am eh ...
Okay ..I see that ...NOT >..

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I don't really see that poster targetting you specifically. I'm pretty open minded and I will say that I have definately seen some Christians try to push and force their ways on others. Athiests meanwhile have never done that sort of thing to me. Now before anyone loses their mind read this...

I am not saying all Christians do it and I am not saying athiests don't. I am sure it happens on both sides. I am merely stating my own experiences.

So my follow up is this...

SNO, you ask why is it when you state your opinions, it's forcing? Well that's a damn fair question with an easy answer. You aren't forcing if you're just stating opinion. It's a brad generalization. were you to now try to convert me and I say no and you keep at it, or if you were trying to tell the world they need to be Christian then that is another issue.

So I am going to ask this as a generalization...

Why is it because I am Pagan and hellbound and don't have true love in my heart?

-Kyo

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
[Why is it because I am Pagan and hellbound and don't have true love in my heart? ]

I dont believe I have said anything like that ........did you even read my responses ? If you had you would see where I said I do beleive there are people who truly do love and do have love in their heart who may not yet believe in GOD...(but someday will ) .....................
because if you have love you have God ......

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
But again I didn't say you...I was responding to your latest with a second question...basically what I am pointing out is that every persona alive in a group get's generalized

It's all pathetic and we all need to live our lives...so kudos to you for going against the grain

-Kyo

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Why is it because I am Pagan and hellbound and don't have true love in my heart?

Because that is what some people truly believe.

Its that age old view,'if your not with us,you're against us.'

Those who don't have God in their lives,cannot have morals etc etc.

Oh.And it has to be the right god,coz if you worship the wrong one you also have no morals.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DantesLost

Because that is what some people truly believe.

Its that age old view,'if your not with us,you're against us.'

It is their programmed comfort zone we are speaking of.

"There must be something wrong with you if you don't agree with us!"

In reality it is too uncomfortable for them to question their beliefs. It is easier and softer to challenge everyone else, rather than question themselves.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Well...if that be the truth, I was sent here to make people uncomfortable I guess...

oh well...I believe in her and always will

-Kyo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join