It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trolls maybe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
First off, Hello to everyone. I have been a silent member of this site for awhile. Mostly, I just pop on and read discussions on the topics that I find interesting; however, I have been approached by a friend with a rather intriguing story and I am not sure where to turn so I thought I would give this board a try and see if you can point me in a direction.

I will thank you now for any information or advice you can send my way.

I have a co-worker who spent the night at her parents around thanksgiving. She slept on the livingroom couch. Some time during the night she was awakened by what she described as scratching noises as well as feet running across the wooden floor behind the couch. The noises were light. She also heard giggling. She swears her parents home has trolls in it but she never saw anything. She's not a drinker so I can't say she was loaded and made it up. She told no one except us at work.

Funny thing is last week her older brother relayed a similar story (out of no where) to their father and mother and their father piped up to say he had past experiences similar to both Beth and her brother.

I know nothing about trolls. I have no clue where to turn for information on them which is reliable; but, I must say I am intrigued. Any suggestions?

Again, thank you for any input you can give me.
T

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
If any thing it would be a ghost, a troll hides under bridges a pops out to give pop quizzes, or hangs out on the net starting stupid fights.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Sounds like rats with a sense of humour! Nah seriously rodents of some sort, the laughing could be neighbours or something... Sometimes voices can be carried in odd ways by the building - say pipework, espically if it's an old unused pipe - or maybe cable ducting.

Any way... note my siggy, and kick a troll in the face

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
They can try consulting spiritists or feng shui experts.

two lines.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
If I am not mistaken, Trolls are not little creatures. Like Grindel, they are large nasty critters. Perhaps the house has Gnomes.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Rats can sometimes sound like giggling.
They have many sounds we still don't know all of them.
I would go ask an expert on rats if they have any sound samples that might resemble giggling.
Because other than the giggling scratching and little feet sounds like rats.
And rats, can get in anywhere they choose whenever they want.
Even mice, can do this.They have been known to resemble sounds of human speech.Not perfectly but it can sound like it at a distance.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Might be a brownie, or a ghost, or just a normal critter of some kind.
Trolls exist, but I've only encountered those of the human variety.
Of course I've only encountered Brownies of the chocolate with sprinkles variety as well...

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Tinman67

"If I am not mistaken, Trolls are not little creatures. Like Grindel, they are large nasty critters. Perhaps the house has Gnomes. "

What are gnomes then?

Thank you all for your input. I will ask about rats and mice especially now that it is cold outside.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Rhiannon,

I am a scholar and researcher in the subject of elementals and their mythologies. In truth, there are various races of trolls and gnomes and not all are large or imposing. They are far more reticent to interact with humans and remain in dark places unlike elves and fairies.

I would be interested in knowing what city and state the experience happened in, please. There is actually extensive research on-going in
the increase sightings and experiences with the elemental people...fairies, pixies, dwarves, as well as nixies, which is a term for sea pixies.

I would caution readers (and do realize such caution is often met with much humor) that elementals are not all sweetness and light and can be very dangerous, if provoked. The Victorian era has done us all a great dis-service at presenting them as wonderful beings of good intent. That is not, at all, supported by historic evidence. People in Ireland and Scotland especially, where the elemental colonies are massively abundant and respected, would be quite sober about these occurances and many would be concerned for the family.

This is not an attempt to frighten you or your friend but please err on the side of caution. As the earth shift is happening throughout the world, the elementals are interacting more and more with human beings.

Peace

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnchntedRhiannon
reply to post by Tinman67

"If I am not mistaken, Trolls are not little creatures. Like Grindel, they are large nasty critters. Perhaps the house has Gnomes. "

What are gnomes then?

Thank you all for your input. I will ask about rats and mice especially now that it is cold outside.

Gnomes are things people see when they are on magic mushrooms.
Or the concrete statues in peoples garden.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Tell her to get a cat.
The giggling will go away and just maybe your new pet will bring you a prize.

top topics

join