It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Name of Painter(s)? Help Needed Please...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Ok, now I have spent days on end to find the answer to this. I am growing real tired of it since I am so stubborn and don't know when to quit.

This is not member art, however, this forum is the closest I could find in where to discuss art in general. And people who do art is usually into art so I will ask here;

Who made this cover art:

This one is a montage, but I am looking (obviously) who painted the knight to the right (no rhyme intended).

And also the man behind this one:

Most likely a different artist than the one on the first image... In such case, I need the name for both of them.

I know what album this is so no need to tell me that.

My qualified guess is that the artist(s) is central-european in origin and that it is painted in late 1700 or in the 1800...

Pleeeaaase help me out with this!

Thank you in advance!
/Raud

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
...comeoncomeon come ooon...!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
The first one is a piece of artwork thats actually credited to Abigor themselves.
and the second is edited, its not even a painting dude.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Wha???
So you mean it was one of them, or maybe even Hrauda who painted the warrior to the right? How did you find this out?

An' waddaya mean "not even a painting"?
Looks pretty dang painted to me...you mean it's a photo or wha?

Man, this is confusing... :w:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Maaah! I got this just now:

Hi!
This is Peter of ABIGOR.
You won't find a concrete artist for the layout of SIA.
The frontcover is an ancient tree, combined with a knight. As far I can remember was the knight taken from an very old "Lord Of The Rings" issue, the tree is a foto I did ages ago.
The back is called "Ceremony Of The Dead", is also from phantasybook of the early 70s.
As said, I don't know the artist how did it anymore.
P.++

Even though I am thankful for the reply, it gave me little hope...
Dang.

[edit to add: Man, I was way off in my "qualified" excuse for a guess. Can't help but feeling like I suck at guessing when it comes to art! Arse!]

[edit on 27-12-2008 by Raud]

new topics

top topics

join