It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWIII Film with What Title? (Help Needed)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Hello!

Have been scouting IMDB and Google without result.
Can't believe that it is so hard to find this one in the age of internet!

Anyways, these are the features of the film in question:

BBC production.
Drama/Documentary, narrated
Year of production somewhere between 1970-1989
It is about World War Three scenario
Duaration about 1-1,5 hours
Last seen on Discovery Channel (in 2000-something)

Specifics:
The film is presented like a documentary and shows the evolement from incidents to full-out nuclear war.
Throughout the film there are mock "interviews" with generals and politicians, representing both NATO and the Warsaw Pact talkin about each phase of the war.
The entire producton is narrated.

Not that I am NOT talking about the movie "Threads" even though that one is quite similar...so don't say I am thinking about that one...

Lil' help?

/Raud

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

You may be thinking about 'The War Game'. This was made by the BBC in the mid '60s, but banned from transmission for many years. I do not think it was shown in full on British television until the late '90s or early 2000s. It was filmed in a documentary style, with full narration throughout. Hope this helps.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Threads.

You can see it on Google Video...

Google Video Link

[edit on 22-12-2008 by ukuli]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raud
Not that I am NOT talking about the movie "Threads" even though that one is quite similar...so don't say I am thinking about that one...

Oops sorry I thought that the answer was so obviously "Threads" that I didn't notice you specifically said it is not "Threads" you are looking for.

Oh I'm so sorry! Will you ever forgive me? Please don't bite my head off? Please? Sorry sorry sorry...

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Ok, maybe it was "Threads" then...
I will look at it anyway. I started watching it earlier today but did not recall the opening sequences...

I will post here again if I was referring to a different movie.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Maybe you mean The War Game? Although it is from 1965 it was censored for a long time...

Very similar to Threads. Also available on Google Video.

Google Video Link

For some reason I am really interested in nuclear war movies...

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Maybe you mean Q.E.D - A Guide To Armageddon?

In three parts on You Tube:

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Countdown to Looking Glass. Obviously not what you meant since it is American, but very similar to your description?

Google Video Link

This one I haven't actually seen yet...

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ukuli

This one looks like it might be the one...
Gonna look at it and say if so is the case...
Until then- thanks for the help, that goes out to everyone but it was NOT "Threads"!

Will return after viewing...and going home from work where I am at the moment...and get some sleep...and then reply...maybe...

Keep it cool guys, you have been much helpful.

Oh, one other hint:
I remember the end very clear, it was something like:
"After this date, there are no more records of humanity..." and everthing fades to black.

But that anchorman looks familiar...

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Raud

There are two TV movies that come to my mind:

1. World War III (1982) with David Soul and Rock Hudson. It has a believable situation on what would trigger such a war.

www.imdb.com...

The Day After (1983) the title says it all.

www.imdb.com...

There have been many documentaries done on TV, both network and cable, about the effects such a cataclysmic war would have on the earth.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
No, no, NOOO!!! :bnghd:

It was not "Threads", it was not "World War III", it sure as hell wasn't "The Day After" either! Man! When will people start to actually read?! Those are just so not the one I am trying to get!!!

I am thankful though for all the support, without it, I would have missed out on "Countdown Through the Looking Glass".
Man, that piece was freakin prophetic!

So much was eerily realistic; war over oil, conflict middle east (Persian Gulf even!), Iran posing great threat, bank crash, South America rising up towards the U.S., reporters, politicians and experts exactly as lame as in reality!!!
And what was that strange cut-out at 1.10.00??? Deleted scene? I smell a conspiracy! Move this thread to ATS!

Still, this was not the one.
I remember some more about the one I look for, the scenes of first confrontation was north Atlantic I think, and the main scene of conflict as Europe; by the Berlin Wall.

It was much more like a documentary than a movie, much more. Only it was a fake one. Know that it was last seen on Discovery Channel (but that was back in the day).

Come on, I have the name on the tip of my tongue!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Raud

Relax, I know you are looking for a documentary, and my suggestions are for those who want to see movies that are on the same subject. As I have stated, there have been dozens of documentaries on the subject of WWIII, and to pinpoint which one you are looking for is quite difficult. I know ABC did many documentaries, including one that aired after the day after. I also know that CBS' 60 Minutes has done many stories on the consequences of nuclear war. PBS has done many, along with the BBC and other outlets. Throw in the History and Discovery Channel, and there are a lot to chose from. Your best bet is to go to each site and put nuclear war in their search areas.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Sigh... :shk:

Still nothing... The strangest thing is that I can't even find it on IMDB. But I am absolutely positive this docu/drama does exist. I've seen it!

There were some pretty epic battle sequences in it, made out of old clips form massive military exercises.

Crap.

But I did watch "The War Game" and I must admit that it was pretty grim. I can fully understand why they censored it. Doesn't give you much hope, does it?
It gave me new insight in just how brutal nuclear warfare really is...
No need to prepare for it, everyone will perish in flames...
Horrific.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

OT:

Hey Kid, not many days left now. Whatcha gonna do next year? Change account name or become "Flash Kid of the previous year?"

Ain't gonna be retro until the year 2019, at it's best!

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

I have also been looking for the documentary title you are looking for. I can't find it, but as I said, they made many of those types of docudramas.

I plan on keeping my moniker. It was chosen since the kidflash name was already used, so I added the date to it.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Hey thanks, KidFlash!

I have kind of given up on that. I knew I had the name written down in a txt file on my fathers former computer... Eeeh, that kind of doesn't help.

But the clues so far is;
Filmed 1980-1989 (I would guess, no earlier than -75)
Seen on The Discovery Channel sometime between 2000-2005
Most likely BBC
Plot contains first confrontation in Northern Sea with the hotspot of all out war in central Europe and with epic battle scenes.
Drama/Documentary, with cut-scene interviews with both allied and soviet officers and such.
About 1,5 hours long (at least 3 episodes on DC, about 30mins each).

Good luck anyone.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I FRICKIN' FOUND IT!

The title is (surprise, surprise):

WORLD WAR 3 (the Movie) (1982)

IMDB

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

Part 8

Part 9

Part 10

....puh!

I want to give out a big "thank you" to: MYSELF!
Thank you!

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

OK, Kidflash...you had it there.
Disregard any snugness from my side... I could have known this back in '08 already...

Gee...I feel like a complete ass, ehe...

Well, well...

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Note to self, don't offer help to this person. You create a thread requesting help and several suggestions are made. You then proceed to bitterly dismiss some attempts, with attitude, only to come full circle and find out that one of the suggestions was in fact what you were looking for. If that wasn't enough you then proceed to thank yourself while offering absolutely no thanks to the person who originally found it.

Wow. You stay classy buddy.

brill

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by brill

Yeah, that was pretty stupid of me.
I did however post an honest apology on Kidflash2008's member profile, but you are absolutely right; I sure as hell gave off an attitude (and I still do at times).
Don't have an excuse really, I guess I was getting frustrated and didn't check the provided upload properly.

I'll be sure to check myself before I wreck myself any further in the future.

Again, real sorry for my behaviour.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join