It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occultism is not Satanism

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I would just like to point out that there seems to be a lot of hypocritical lumping of all Christians together, which is somewhat understandable since it is my experience that a majority of my fellow "Christians" are extremely judgemental and closed minded. Yet when someone makes a broad statement lumping all the various forms of Earth worship, meditation, occultism, and all of the other so called "self worship" type of beliefs together with "satanism" or "witchcraft" it is responded back to with the same sort of closed minded judgement.

Ravenshadow said:
"Satanism is part of the Occult, but the Occult is not made up of only Satanism, and not all Occultists are Satanists."

I completely agree with this and it can also be applied to Christians and catholics. A lot of people look at the catholic church as the belief system of all of Christianity. This is exactly the same as a Christian calling occultists satanists.

Ravenshadow further said:
"The Roman Catholic Church has been considered part of the Occult, as has Cabala."

I agree with this also. I think the true Christian gets lumped into the cult of catholocism as well as these judgemental fanatics and the whole of CHristianity is viewed with understandable contempt. It would be my opinion (as well as the Bible's) that the majority of "Christianity" is a selfish, judgemental group who are told their beliefs and are either too busy or too lazy to actually study the Bible for themselves and cross reference the actual translation of the original Hebrew, Greek and so on. I was raised a Roman Catholic myself and when I actually read the Bible I realized that what we were practicing in church had very little to do with the Bible and was more about the power of the papacy. After years of studying other beliefs (including the whole Darwin religion), I became a non-denominational Christian.
The small amount of true Christians on the planet will not judge anyone because they become as guilty as the one they judge and they know that the Bible has several references to how sinful judging others is. It is my opinion that when a "Christian" lumps all of the occultism and satanism etc. beliefs together, it is likely because of something they were told about how evil it all is.
Back to topic (sorry for the rant) - In reality, and speaking for myself mostly and I believe several other Christians, the whole occultism, satanism, luciferianism, etc. being lumped together is not saying that they are all an evil umbrella of satan or lucifer, they are merely beliefs that take our focus off of the one true God. Not that we can't be friends with them and love them, we just can't practice a belief that takes the focus off of God.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Great thread!

This kind of open, scientific discussion is rare. This is a new, emerging paradigm in a Western sense: Spiritual Anarchy, Intimate Spirituality, etc....
It advocate a personal, direct, real-time connection to the creator. I generally get beat up when I post anything that has to do with this issue. It's good to see such an open discussion!

papakrokschaosworks.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Allow me to disagree, as one who has MUCH experience in the Occult.

I considered myself a New Ager for many many years (over 10)

I was into Wicca, astrology, channeling, psychics, ascension, lightwork, ascended masters, angels, soulmates, the Ashtar Command and Galactic Federation - YOU NAME IT.

I left no stone uncovered - EXCEPT of course for Satanism, because I wouldn't touch anything I considered to be evil.

Well I'VE GOT NEWS FOR YOU NEW AGE FOLKS. No, you may not DIRECTLY be involved in Satanism - I know you're not. I was one of you. I know you're good folk who mean well.

BUT, and this is a big BUT - you have no idea the doorways you are opening up as you immerse yourself in New Age concepts. You are literally inviting ATTACK from Luciferian influences just by your involvement in all things New Age - even if you are a good person who does not intend to be involved in Satanism or anything evil.

HOW DO I KNOW THIS? Because my best friend and I were ATTACKED SPIRITUALLY and psychologically by Luciferian entities at the height of our New Age involvement (specifically when we were Ashtar Command believers).

Just because you are an Occultist who has not experienced what we did - does not mean that you won't. You are VULNERABLE in ways you cannot see. Protection protocols did NOT help us.

We learned the TRUTH, that only Yahushua, the Lord Jesus Christ can and will protect. We ARE in the End Times, and if you do not accept this simple fact that is growing in evidence daily, then you will be WITHOUT DEFENSE. It will come down to TWO CHOICES, and they will be Christ or Lucifer - period, end of story.

I pray for all of you who are led into deception by the front cover of New Age, which when opened, activates the entire book of Satanism in your life, in ways you do not want. This is part of the GREAT DECEPTION - as Lucifer always mixes truth with lies.

Life is not all about "love and light" my dear New Age brethren - it is also about JUSTICE. You must come to Christ or you will not be protected. My best friend and I HAVE ALREADY DONE THE WORK OF SUFFERING FROM NEW AGE ATTACKS - be wise and listen to what I say.

Blessed be the Most High,
Former New Ager

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Source please? I quoted Old Testament which did include many practices of occultism. For those piecing together the timeline, Deuteronomy was a few thousand years before Christ came to earth.

I'd also like your source to show occultism is older than "In the beginning..."

Well that's going to be very difficult for us to reconcile if you believe that "In the beginning..." was only six or so thousand years ago.

Because...
15,000 year old cave paintings, like this one - "The Sorcerer" in The Cave of the Trois-Frères, France depict half-man/half-animal therianthropes which were almost definitely (and I certainly believe they were) pertaining to old Pagan rituals, which can be described as "Occultic":

How's that? All of the archaeological facts demonstrate that Occult-like spiritual traditions have existed for at least 40,000 years. Shapeshifting humans and 'spiritworld' beings, both of which are depicted in pre-historic cave art exemplify the practicing of Occultism long before the Bible was pieced together.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul
Well that's going to be very difficult for us to reconcile if you believe that "In the beginning..." was only six or so thousand years ago.

And if I don't? Interesting assumption on your part. Let's just stick with "In the beginning" to mean "in the beginning" for clarity's sake.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by formernewager

Well, thx for the warning, then please explain the UFOs in the bible and how that ties in with Jesus. While you're at it, give me a hand with the 'gods' in the old testament. When you've done all that and have taken a considerable beating with the sword (word of God, see NT) and have answered the rest of my questions, then I will crawl back under my stone, go to church every weekend and call everything else 'from the devil'! (NO OFFENCE TO CHRISTIANS OR ANYONE ELSE PLEASE!!!)
Believe me, sometimes there is nothing that I want more than to lose the knowledge that I have and have an easy life!
But once you've swallowed the pill, there is no going back!

So I'll continue on the path I'm on and may my guardian angel continue protecting me. I sure will owe him one after this life!

BB,
Sam

[edit on 22-12-2008 by Aldolas]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

We're 'lumping christians together' just as much as we are 'lumping occultists together'!
i.e. we are generalizing.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Sheeeeesh.

I am a Christian and anybody who has ever seen "The Waterboy" knows that school, girls, and fooz-ball are THE DEVIL!

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I'm not going to go bashing Christianity, Islam, or any other organised religion, it's not the fault of the followers.

I will say that everyone following their so called "Occult practices" why do you put so much of your faith, following what is written in books? you cant learn the powers of Nature from a book, all books give, are other peoples opinions, experiences, thoughts, and conclusions after research, what they don't give you are the main tools , those tools begin with you, your inner self, and you can only find what you need through you, by searching and exploring, not following words written by another.

Books can be used as guide to what you seek, but are far from giving you the answers, and those answers are inside, you just need to learn how to read them, and then what to do with them.

As for Occultists being branded as Satanists, well go and do some research, the Occult as it is being labelled here, came long long before Satanism ever had something to give it it's own label, ie Satan, a name manufactured to bestow fear and keep you under control, if you don't follow their rules then you will burn in Hell, doesn't sound very God like to me, Gods are supposed to be all forgiving, and Loving, condemning you to eternal suffering well it speaks for itself IMO.

As a Pagan, Satan means nothing to me, has no part in my faith, I am neither afraid of him hurting me or offering me accommodation for feeling guilty about anything, as for Hell, where have I been living all these years?

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

What's wrong with being who and what we already are? We have the power to speak, the power to love, and the free gift of eternal life, what more do we need?

Message to all Christians and non Christians:

Many Christians have a form of godliness but they deny the power of God. The power of God is his divine nature. Christ is the divine nature incarnate. It is the divine nature that regenerates what we lost at the Fall. The divine nature redeems, regenerates, enlightens, transforms our minds, and illuminates us.

Who can say that Christ was any more or any less than a perfection of humility, patience, compassion, meekness, goodness, kindness, love, faith, etc? He is our perfect example of what we are to become. We have no other way of being like him, walking with him, showing faith in him, or showing love toward him but by having our hearts and minds governed by the divine nature. The divine nature IS the WHOLE ARMOUR of GOD. So it is written that we are to put on a heart of kindness, compassion, and humility, forgiving one another and forbearing with one another in love. Imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promise. In your patience you possess your souls. There is no other way to put off the old man and pick up one's cross than to walk in the divine nature which is humility, meekness, patience, goodness, kindness, love of neighbor, love for God, doing unto others as you would have them to unto you, acts of charity, etc. By turning to the divine nature you are turning from all that you are, to all that he is.

Too many Christians worship the creature rather than the creator. Too many Christians worship an image that they have in their minds of a physical man called Christ or Jesus and they deny the power of God by doing so. Our savior is not a physical man. He is a glorified eternal being sitting at the right hand of the father. He is no longer a lamb being led to the slaughter. He returns as a Lion with the power to make every army on the planet bow in his mighty presence.

In quiet resignation we are to accept the divine nature of God to govern over us and reign on the throne of our hearts and minds.

[edit on 22-12-2008 by John Matrix]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by formernewager

First there is tension. Then there is exhaustion. Then there is fear. To RELAX will ease the fear. Unable to relax? Thats because you have bought into the belief that doing so will make you unguarded/vulnerable. In reality the opposite is the case: Being stiff and tense will make you easily breakable by any outside force. Being soft and relaxed like water will make you unattackable by any outside force.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aldolas

We're 'lumping christians together' just as much as we are 'lumping occultists together'!
i.e. we are generalizing.

Nope. I specifically named a certain brand of Christianity in my OP. Ive also spoken good of Christian Mystics. Furthermore, I think Saint4God is a good non-fanatic contributor of the Christian Perspective.

No generalizing here

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

What do you think takes the focus off God more....kneeling down and worshipping an idol (religion) or going deep inside for meditation (occult & spiritual practice)?

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Aldolas - yes, you are right we all generalize. I just sometimes get irritated when I am lumped in with angry, judgemental "Christians". I do understand why people do that though as that is how the majority of "Christians" act.

Regarding your comment to formernewager - not to speak on their behalf though - I believe the "UFO's" in the Bible that you speak of likely began with Genesis 6 when "the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose." These "sons of God" were the angels who rebelled and "fell" from serving God to serve their own rebellios plan. These fallen have the ability to appear as anything they want to, aliens, ghosts, apparitions of the virgin Mary, even as angels of light. Their "leader", Satan, is Biblically referred to as the "ruler of the kingdom of the air" in Eph. 2:2 and later in Eph 6:12 the fallen angels are referred to as "the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." These "sons of God" or Nephelim (among other names) were like gods during the time of Noah and after the flood per Gen 6:4 they were "on the earth in those days - and also afterward - when the sons of God went to ther daughters of men and had children by them."

So, before and after the flood, the rebellious angels would fly down - perhaps in disc shaped craft - take humans and mate with them creating "hybrids". These "hybrids" were the giants of old, the warriors, kings, etc., and most were worshipped as gods. Jesus stated that in the days of Noah, so shall be the days of the end (my paraphrase). He was referring to people just going about their normal daily business unaware of what was about to happen, but the reference to Noah's time brings to mind the "visitations" of aliens so very similar to current times. As there will be spiritual warfare in and around the "heavens", so are the stories of the "good aliens" here to help protect us from the coming invasion of the "bad aliens".

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by Deaf Alien

I think some forms of Christianity (namely deep outback evangelism) breed evil in such a subtle way that many dont even notice it.

An example: If a "Satan" were to exist, the best way to take power away from him is by not recognizing that he even exists. The best way to bestow him with power would be by emphasizing him, becoming scared of him, warning of his dangers all of the time.

[edit on 22-12-2008 by Skyfloating]

hey SKYFLOATING.
As a Christian I would say your treading on thin ice. IMO the reason people say "hey be careful" is that the majority of "Christian type" would say that the out of body and channeling sort of things are genearlly satanic and you run risk of channeling demons, or "spirit guides" that they would also say are demons...I for one and open minded and even responded to a previous post about alien communication, but have not had a chance to try it. one of the big worries I have is...what if you are channeling a demon, that tells you what you want to hear, but is guiding you down a path you really shouldnt go? I mean if we are being open minded here, it is possible. right?

So if you are suggesting that this is safe and not to be questioned, I say you are treading on thin ice. Alot of people are going to say your dealing in satanism, black magic, and occultism...I can see the point you are trying to make, but dont necassarily agree 100% I feel I am strong in my faith, but I am still a little aprehensive to try and com. with aliens, or even to meditate, because of things ive heard. so give me something I can research to ease my mind a little, cuz I am afraid of what "could happen" but would like to try, without fear...

I guess I replied to deaf alien...to you I say- satans biggest victory is making the masses believe he doesnt exist. therefore no fear of him. if there is no satan, then there is no God. IMO evil is the absence of God.

[edit on 22-12-2008 by AKARonco]

[edit on 22-12-2008 by AKARonco]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
And if I don't? Interesting assumption on your part. Let's just stick with "In the beginning" to mean "in the beginning" for clarity's sake.

Fair enough. But perhaps then you should be more careful with your use of quotation marks. Your use of them in the first place suggested that you were quoting from the Bible. I only obliged with your own line of reasoning.

Nothing can be older than the beginning of the beginning, so clearly Occultism in any form is not. But the Bible was not written "in the beginning". Judaism (in its Biblical form) is no more than several thousand years old and seeing as the universe is 13.7 billion years old, clearly the Bible (nor Judaism or Christianity) has not existed "since the beginning", nor has it existed for anywhere near 40,000 years. Occultism has existed for at least 40,000 years.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I totally agree that the catholic practice of kneeling down to an alter and worshipping idols and "apparitions of Mary" takes the focus off of God. That is a lot of the reason I left that church. I also do not require a priest to forgive me my sins.
I also believe that there is nothing wrong with meditation. Meditation is very relaxing. Prayer is a form of meditation if you think about it. By prayer, I mean getting somewhere alone and just talking to God, giving thanks, asking for forgiveness or blessings for others. I do not mean repetetive prayers taught in Sunday school or a list of selfish requests or demands. Just getting alone and "medidating" with God.
Just as an FYI - I do not in any way support any "religion", but I do have faith in God and that is where my beliefs lie - not in religion. Religion is a way to control people.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AKARonco

The whole "power game" on this planet can only be maintained by keeping the populace either in

a) Fear of Higher Realms (Religions Job)

or

b) Disbelief of Higher Realms (Materialists Job)

And indeed if you are worried about this stuff or afraid, because of what you have been taught by Christians, you should not mess with this. Because its evil? No. Because the very energy of fear makes you wide-open for manipulation, deception and entities with unpleasant agendas.

Think about this: Why do some Christians more often talk about Satan and Evil than about Christ and God? Why do they talk much more about blame, shame, punishment, restriction, penalty, doom, anti-christ than about inspiration, hope, love, joy?

Think about it.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul
...clearly the Bible (nor Judaism or Christianity) has not existed "since the beginning", nor has it existed for anywhere near 40,000 years.

The Bible may not have been penned in the beginning, but this does not mean it did not exist in the beginning. There's no evidence that it did not exist beyond 40,000, yet we have something to say that it did. Sorry, neither occultism nor any other religion began before in the beginning.

[edit on 22-12-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
...and for some of us there is no "beginning" and no "end"...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join