It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occultism is not Satanism

page: 27
<< 24  25  26   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by tgambill

OT:
Thanks Tom, you are a good soul. It`s been a good debate, and like you, I have learned much from it. We are all pupils in this school house we call existance.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
You are welcome.....oh, about the disagreeing born agains, I brought up a point last week and I thought that the lot of them were going to tar and feather me from the couch. They are stuck in religious icons that can't do no wrong. I named about 7 names of Evangelicals that are misleading and basically lying to their "flock" on TV. I mean if one is going to be an atheist, then so be it but don't be an atheist and argue for the existence of God. Well, these "Born Again" Christians are not giving Biblical principles that are supported by no stretch of the imagination. If you are Mormon then you will give the beliefs of Mormons from their book. Oh well, I go again tonight and will look for buckets of feathers....lol.........and if I smell tar melting in the backyard.....well, I'm outta there......
)

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
this person named Yellowalert says it much better than I could. Just for another point of view.......but said much better than I did. and I'm done. Not to get the last word, I'm just thought that you might want this perspective. and that's all folks.........
)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 20-1-2009 by tgambill]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by gordonwest
reply to post by Skyfloating

The catch-phrase "satanism" is also used by the more twisted and perverse elements of society who involve themselves in real crimes and real evils.

(Inrespect To SkyFloating) Just as like in any "following", there are the wannabies and there are the followers. Thereis within a secter of "satanism", a real group of people which does follow the proper ways of "satanism". Those people do NOT act all wearing black clothes, wearing goth items on their body...and so on. I do know this, because I was sortof into it.

I agree with you, Satanists are mostly ordinairy people, with their own beliefsystems. First of all, there is a wide variety of satanism, I'd say the two most important ones are LaVeyan/modern satanism and theistic satanism, and second, the term satanism is being misused by people as well. Satanism is not about sacrifices, it is not about blood, hate, evil as a lot of people seem to think. What surprises me, is that a lot of non christians see satanism as something evil as well.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
of course they are not the same.
occultism is just another (older) term for spirituality. In about 1900 when esoteric became more popular, it was used more often.
today one thinks more of something hidden, dark (or black magic) just because of the old term.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

The story of king Saul consulting the witch of Endor (sounds like a Lord of the rings character) is indeed a cautionary tale; he engaged in a practice that was forbidden and paid a heavy price.
Jacob used occult knowledge in Gen. 30:37-43 though it was not a practice expressly forbidden in the Deuteronomy passage that you quoted. Crowley wrote about this practice something about the lion and the eagle, I figured out what he was talking about, SF made a very veiled allusion to it in his thread on the law of attraction. Point is it worked out just fine for Jacob. It would work with goats cuz what they see with their eyes is pretty much all that is in their minds at the moment. I would not practice this and I think most fellow christians would be shocked at the... ins & outs of this. I read something from a pastor/commentator saying that Jacob did not know what he was doing....HA...I think he knew exactly what he was doing.
Most of the O.T. stories are presented without comment, like; this person did such and such.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Hey, cool thread dude

You said in the op youre a former practitioner, dont you practice the occult anymore, and what did you practice?
I know exactly what you mean about religion demonising anything. Yes radical religion believe's that, were not worthy type lol
You said that the occult has nothing to do with satanism. What of the black magician's?
Who are they then? I ask this because to my understanding there are two type's of satanist's, those who practice satanism for empowerment of the self but do not actually believe in satan as a being, and those who practice it for the same reason but actually believe in a dark force as a reality.
Are all the occultist's who practice black magic satanist's is my question?
If not, is there another form of dark energy apart from that of the belief of satanism that occultist's tap into?
S&F btw, nice thread.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Great thread! Being one who enjoys these thingsI can completely agree! Star and Flag!

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Exactly, Christians usually don't know what they are talking about when it comes to the Occult.

Occult just refers to hidden or lesser known knowledge, usually mystical or more profound. Basically all deeper teachings, including Sufism, gnostic Christianity, Kaballah, yoga, etc. But they usually are very positive and totally just based "real" understanding of the universe and spirituality rather than materialism or religious fundamentalism.

originally posted by: Skyfloating
A lot of people seem to have bought into the idea that occultism = satanism. Its become a popular misconception.

Millions of Christian and Islamic tracts, books, videos, sermons warn of the "dangers of the occult", associating it with horned beasts, reverse crosses, ritual sacrifice, ritual abuse and whatnot.

NWO/Conspiracy-Literature sometimes picks up on this, theorizing of an "occult dictatorship" that is ruling the world. The mere mention of the word "occult" brings up dark images indeed.

Other, non-religious sources conjure up images of cheap market-place tricks such as crystal-reading, spiritualism, divination, palmistry, astrology etc. as being the "real" "occult science". While this is a tiny step closer to the truth, its not the full picture...not even half of it.

As a former practitioner of occult-arts I am unable to slay a goat but I am able to stare at a candlelight for one hour.

The meaning of the word "occult" is: Hidden, Concealed, Secret. It refers to a collection of teachings and techniques that were hidden from the general public and from the government for hundreds of years and only passed on in secret. Another word for this is "Hermeticism" or "The Hermetic Arts" (The Sealed or Concealed Arts)

Because they were hidden, all types of suspicions could be projected onto them...such as "satanism".

The reason they were hidden is because they were viewed as "heretic" by various religions and governments who knew they were unable to control people who exercise their soul and mind.

And that is exactly what real occult-sciences are: The practice of yoga, meditation, concentration, and dimensional-travel for the purpose of liberating the soul and mind.

Satanism, on the other hand, is an antithesis to Christianity, a form of rebellion, a philosophy of anti-Christian values. The catch-phrase "satanism" is also used by the more twisted and perverse elements of society who involve themselves in real crimes and real evils.

None of this has anything to do with occult-sciences in its original sense though. For a good example of real occult-practice take an old book entitled The Kybalion. It can be read online. From its table of contents:

I. THE PRINCIPLE OF MENTALISM.
II. THE PRINCIPLE OF CORRESPONDENCE.
III. THE PRINCIPLE OF VIBRATION.
IV. THE PRINCIPLE OF POLARITY.
V. THE PRINCIPLE OF RHYTHM.
VI. THE PRINCIPLE OF CAUSE AND EFFECT.
VII. THE PRINCIPLE OF GENDER

Does any of this sound satanic or evil? No? I thought so.

From personal experience I know the "occult = evil" concept to be one of the strongest campaigns of misinfo and disinfo ever bestowed upon society: For the religious its to do with evil child abuse, for the materialist its to do with scamming fortune tellers and snake-oil salesmen.

[edit on 22-12-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I would much agree.

top topics

<< 24  25  26   >>

join