It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If The United States Government Officials announces intelligent life exists in our galaxy!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
What would your re-action be ?

We all want disclosure to happen, we all believe we are ready to hear the truth

What would you do if your normal TV program is interrupted for a special announcement from state officials, or the president, where it is announced that intelligent life exists in our galaxy, and that they have been in contact with them for many years.

They then proceed to have one of the extraterrestrials appear on live TV, who speaks to us, and explains to us who they are and why they are here..

How would you handle it ?

[Mod Note - Title edited to better reflect the oping post]

[edit on 22/12/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
This would be a truely historic thing but I cannot see it happening anytime soon!

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I would personally make sure my local churches knew.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
It would be about freakin time !!!!! Just admit it and get it over with. We can handle the truth.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Ok,

So let's say these "beings" came to us so that they could share our planet, their planet is dying and they are unable to re-produce ( they are not the most attractive of alien beings )

So their reason for coming here is for sharing the planet, and using us for reproductive purposes, in effect, they wish to mix our species in order to create a human, alien hybrid.

All this in exchange for their alien technology.

[edit on 21-12-2008 by Hellsing]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I thought the title was serious.

Bummer...

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
That would be interesting. However perhaps the reason this has not happened yet is because they want to be sure they've sufficiently shaped a large portion of the publics minds about said 'truth' before they release such information.

It's one thing to release information to the public and let them make up their own minds. It's quite another to be the first to publicly release this information but with their own spin on it. People would have no choice but to believe whatever is told to them, and the government would have a monopoly on the information and the release of it through the media or other vices in the first place.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Better than I handle "what if" threads that aren't titled as such.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

I apologize if i got you excited over nothing

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I really don't think we would have people screaming in the streets, in fact we are so used to the idea of aliens from years and years of TV and movies that most would just take it in their step and say, "I told people that and they laughed at me!, now who is laughing?"

of course you will have a small percentage of sky is falling group as well as the other minority of God has returned.

All in all people are just used to the idea now.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
My point is...

I don't think people are as ready for this as they think they are..

Can you really imagine seeing an extraterrestrial for the first time ?

Can you imagine all their ships coming down and landing all over the place ?

Can you imagine these beings, creatures you have never seen before walking around umongst us ?

The more you think of this, doesn't it make you feel that our government will never allow this in the first place ?

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Well I would gather together with my family and try to compose my/our nerves. People can say what they want but the majority of people will be freaked out. This would be something that would be sooo beyond anything we've ever experienced. I think our first reaction would be fear - when I say "our" I mean humanity in general. We've been programmed through media, movies, etc., for years that et's are slimy, tentacle-bearing, horrid creatures. Then, it would depend upon which "race" of et's contacted us first. I believe there are many; some benevolent, some not. THEN, I would be sure all my doors were locked and the car was in the garage because where I live, things are gonna get real ugly!

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellsing
My point is...

The more you think of this, doesn't it make you feel that our government will never allow this in the first place ?

I think that if/when first contact occurs, because these beings will be so far advanced in technology that we are, when the time is right, our government won't have a choice. Our technology will not stand up to theirs.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Yep intelligent life exists in the galaxy. Oh wait we're not supposed to include ourselves in that equation?

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Alas the intelligent life in the universe realized a long time ago that there is no intellegent life in this solar system...nor is there going to be any time soon....DIRT

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
You would be amazed at the amount of people not prepared, entire religions who believe that aliens are demons from hell. And they are waiting, knowing they will someday come. No matter what they look like or have to say or share, they are waiting for the demons.

We are a scary race, human race. Why would you choose to go into a lower vibrational reality to mix with creatures sub human? That is about the same as us choosing to timetravel and go visit Genghis Kan or Hitler.

As frustrating as it may seem, it is just not time for disclosure and when it is they will be doing it not any nation or government.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellsing

I have met an alien, it was a great way to find out how I personally would respond to the situation.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Could you explain a bit more about this alien you met ?

did you meet an alien in person ?

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Ya your thread title is misleading, should be different.

As to the question embedded within the thread however, it would depend on the people's mindset and ability to understand that life does go on.

Getting all weird and acting crazy isnt going to help anything at all. Eventually full disclosure will occur, and its time humanity grows out of its infancy and be prepared for it.

Cheers!!!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join