It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

December 21, 2008 ---December 21,2012 ^4 Years to go^

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The next 4 years is going to be a rough ride.
Look for orchestrated events to occur in Europe.
A cashless system should appear in Europe in 2009.
How will the governments sell it to the public?

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
And what a ride it shall be. So close, yet so far. I guess we can still pray Bush leaves office before the poo hits the fan and starts the strife (as in extreme strive, rioting in the streets, dogs and cats sleeping together, mass hysteria! to quote Dr. Peter Venkman).

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Well its going to have to be accepted worldwide first in order to work with a world economy. Kinda pointless for one region or nation to be cashless and others not. That would make currency exchange a bit difficult.

I think it wouldnt be so bad to have a system that is based on credits that are of the same value all over. Eliminates the currency differences, makes everyone's credit value equal, and 1 credit worth 1 credit anywhere.

Simple and effective.

Just my opinion tho.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I can see a cashless society as workable. However, that would put the printers out of work. There would also be trouble for the drug dealers and makers as then they would have to explain where all that money came from to the banks when and if they deside to cash in. You would also have to worry about hackers on the computers. Many things to consider if it went cashless. However, I don't believe that we will ever see it in our lifetime so nothing to worry about.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Watch out before you have the crazies post about the New World Order.

The Mayan date of December 21st, 2012 signifies nothing pertaining to the end of the world. please.. get over it.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

The next 4 years is going to be a rough ride. Look for orchestrated events to occur in Europe. A cashless system should appear in Europe in 2009. How will the governments sell it to the public?

Don't we have that already in place? We have debit cards and credit cards. Checks and cash are pretty rare these days. It will be an easy sell.

Too bad for the drug dealers huh?

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Id say its more of a "too bad" for the drug users. I guess I might have to resort to the bartering system to get high in the near future.

Peace

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

I'm thinking the drug dealers could just "trade" Gold or Silver coins.
The American Eagle 1 ounce Gold, Silver or Platinum coins should do the trick.
See US Mint.gov

P.S. Check out the cost of an ounce of Rhodium!!!

[edit on 21-12-2008 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
A cashless system will never fly. The problem is the US and the EU rely on illegal foreign labor who is paid in cash. Those who want the illegal immigrants out will use it as a tool to route them. Suddenly, slaughter houses and restaurant kitchens are vacant, floors are no longer cleaned, and shirts no longer starched.

The illegal economy has kind of made itself necessary to the functioning of the Western world.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarathustria

Well, maybe if the world leaders would stop using the term, people would have no reason to fear it. You might not believe in the New World Order, but the controllers of this planet sure do.

I think something will happen on the 21st December, 2012. Not sure what though. The crop circle depicting the solar system on that date just spooked me. I don't believe it was man made, so either something's going to happen, or someone wants us to believe something's going to happen.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenGlassDoor
A cashless system will never fly. The problem is the US and the EU rely on illegal foreign labor who is paid in cash. Those who want the illegal immigrants out will use it as a tool to route them. Suddenly, slaughter houses and restaurant kitchens are vacant, floors are no longer cleaned, and shirts no longer starched.

The illegal economy has kind of made itself necessary to the functioning of the Western world.
Actually, that'd mean more jobs for legal residents and an overall decrease in unemployment.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by Zarathustria

Well, maybe if the world leaders would stop using the term, people would have no reason to fear it. You might not believe in the New World Order, but the controllers of this planet sure do.

I think something will happen on the 21st December, 2012. Not sure what though. The crop circle depicting the solar system on that date just spooked me. I don't believe it was man made, so either something's going to happen, or someone wants us to believe something's going to happen.

I think it was the Grays that made that crop circle.
The Lord Jesus Christ and the Grays will probably make a joint
appearance. The Grays may offer us membership into the
Federation of Planets. Think ... Gross Domestic Product ...
Gross National Product ... and Gross Galactic Product!
Under a new world order we could use very advanced technology
to travel to other planets in the Milky Way galaxy. Aliens could
travel here to Earth and boost our tourism dollars....or rather credits.
1 million people could someday
live on the moon.
It will take about 50 years but i think we can abolish world poverty.
It will be very exciting. I wish we could get started today!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I think a cashless system would work great.
Check out www.thevenusproject.com for more info on how it would work.

top topics

join