It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS' Motto, Deny Ignorance,

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Dude...
Books and movies are inspired by many thoughts, ideas, and actions of several people who don't get paid . Your point has no point really.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DudeontheTube
We are supposed to be happy that we don't have to contribute money on top of contributing our ideas which in turn make ATS money? Right..

We, who's "we". You just came in today to trash the site. You're not a very good evangelical. As to the ideas that develope here, most times it's MANY members that contribute to any given topic.

False by the standards of a court of law.

Thanks for the obtuse answer counsellor but um, wrong again. The law is adhered to, thus the T&C.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

We are supposed to be happy that we don't have to contribute money on top of contributing our ideas which in turn make ATS money? Right..

False by the standards of a court of law.

Then leave.

I want to talk to people. Thusly, I post. When responded to, I reply back on many ocassions.

People pay much more to therapists for this kind of interaction; I get it for free.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
To accuse others of ignorance, while maintaining your non-ignorance, is the highest form of ignorance.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allred5923
So, don't you see, your argument is totally one sided, for lack of a better word, and articulated as an insult to our intelligence.

Is my argument totally one sided - or is the entire forum of AboveTopSecret completely one sided on the subject?

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Right on the head Memoryshock! That might be what I've been trying to say for the last hour.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Everyone who contributes to this web site because they are seeking the downfall of evil corporations who manipulate you into money, and have secret ulterior motives aside from the obvious, should really feel betrayed.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DudeontheTube

Well, there are those that are one-sided, and there are others who make points and relevant , informed comments. Which side are you?

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Well then, why don't you write a book about it.

You are free to do that, you know.

[edit on 21-12-2008 by TeeJay]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeeJay

Well then, why don't you write a book about it.

You are free to do that, you know.

[edit on 21-12-2008 by TeeJay]

I plan on it actually, and I hope I have made my point.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Um. I don't think you picked the right audience.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
To the OP
I just wanted to add the Quantcast demographics of ATS to show you what type of people are on here.

It may behoove you to do your research before launching baseless attacks on the whole of ATS. I still don't understand your motivation behind this thread other than trolling for points.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I plan on it actually, and I hope I have made my point.

Aren't you glad that you have those nonexclusive rights from here so that you can use your input from here? Look forward to your tome.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Um. I don't think you picked the right audience.

Really? Well I believe in freedom of speech and I also believe those immediately effected have a right to the information which isn't directly presented to them.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

No, not really...

whats your point?

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ShAuNmAn-X

I see no reliability in the demographic information considering I have been visiting ATS for a long time, and upon registering was never prompted for such demographic labeling information. It may behoove you to realize you have probably never been prompted for such information either.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Yes. Freedom of speech is a good thing.
But there is a thing called picking the correct audience. And as I think you can surely notice this is not the correct audience. And you may or may not have a point, but they certainly aren't listening.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShAuNmAn-X
I still don't understand your motivation behind this thread other than trolling for points.

Believe it or not, there are people in this world who will fight for what is right regardless of how the target looks at face value.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Yes. Freedom of speech is a good thing.
But there is a thing called picking the correct audience. And as I think you can surely notice this is not the correct audience. And you may or may not have a point, but they certainly aren't listening.

Those who are actual truth seekers should be highly attentive towards the points this thread has raised. It surely grabbed my attention.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlmostPossible
Hello Everyone

Hi, and welcome to ATS.

I would like to inform you that nothing on this website is factual.

I would like to inform you that mostly everything on this site is written by members of this website....WE create the threads, WE decide what is worth reading, WE decide the content. The FACT that nothing is factual, is EXACTLy why WE demand proof. What good is a conspiracy site full of whackjobs and paranoidals if none of our suspicions can be clarified? SOME of them can. SOME of them are speculation. SOME of them are crap. SOME of them are plausible. SOME of them are not.

As someone already stated, you have to search for the good stuff....BECAUSE the ATS content is contributed by members, you can't always have 100% proof on anything...it isn't possible. Not all of us paranoidals have proof for our beliefs, suspicions and speculations.

But, this IS a website dedicated to stimulating discussion among the members. And with all this brainstorming...SOME Truth, is likely to be found.

The phrase "Deny Ignorance" is ironic because ATS actually feeds off of ignorance. The more you 'believe' in these unfounded theories, the more ATS gains monetarily. They would gladly contribute to your ignorance fully knowing that it can be transformed directly into cash.

**Bolded for my emphasis.

First. Lets address "Deny Ignorance". Now, this is my interpretation ONLY... Deny Ignorance = Deny the mainstream crap you are told, deny the propoganda, ASK Questions, Question Everything, Take Nothing at Face Value, and Deny the possibility that you're Government has your best intrests at heart when they make decisions.

Second. MONETARY GAINS? Now, last I checked, I didn't have to PAY for my membership....It was FREE. I signed up without giving a credit card, and without Paying... I have made well over 2500 posts on this site - I don't think for ONE second that the Amigos profit off of my posts. I believe they profit from the GOOGLE Ads, and the other advertising on this site.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I ALSO believe that Simon, Mark, Bill, Crakeur, (and other admins that I don't know) DO get paid for their HARD work put into making ATS possible for those of us who enjoy intellegent Conspiracy discussion. But then again - It's their site. They're the ones who make this site work. THEY are the ones who pour money INTO the site. THEY are the ones who OWN the site. Do you? And do you have any right to speculate or to insinuate that ATS makes money off its members? Until you pay for this membership, you have no right to insinuate that ATS has monetary motives. Now, thats just MY opinion on the matter.

For example those whom believe 9/11 is an inside job - I would invite you to read Noam Chomsky's 9/11. The book itself only costs $10 and is nothing but Q and A with arguably the most intelligent man in international affairs.

.....And who signs this guys' checks? THAT is a question I would want answered before asking him anything. I don't care what his answers are if the US Government pays his bills. I'm far too suspicious NOT to ask these questions.

The next time a conspiracy theory arises, go to the library, open an encyclopedia, talk to analysts/scientists/historians/researchers, do an independent investigation, compare assumptions versus science, fact vs. theory, common sense versus no sense, what you have observed versus what somebody has told you that you have observed, and most importantly go outside and see the world for yourself through two pupils and not through a computer screen.

Now, I don't know about you, and I can't pretend to know what the rest of the ATS membership does...I however, take everything with a grain of salt. I don't believe that everything I read is true, and I don't believe that everything I believe is false. I don't believe that everything I read is written from some whackjobs basement. I don't believe that everything is written by scientists. I make up my own mind when reading the threads, and I formulate my own Opinions.

ATS provides a space where likeminded conspiracy theororists can discuss their beliefs and POSSIBILITIES. If you look at ATS this way - you might enjoy your membership a little bit more, and a little bit longer: ATS just turns on another light, and offers another perspective to an otherwise darker truth that we might not otherwise see.

You want facts? Start a thread with facts, and turn on a lamp so the rest of us can try and see things from your perspective. Contribute a well-written post with undeniable proof (if that is possible) and you'll have our attention.

- Carrot

PS. Welcome to ATS, did I say that already?

[edit on 12/21/2008 by CA_Orot]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join