It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS' Motto, Deny Ignorance,

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DudeontheTube
reply to post by dalan.

Funny how I get ridiculed for agreeing with some of the argument.

Alright, so you could be another person.

Well, how about some advice for the OP?

Instead of just insulting people, why not try disputing claims? Go through threads, find some solid sources and make some arguments against "ignorance?" Why don't you and the OP try to argue intelligently, instead of just thrashing people who are sincere about their ideas and investigations?

ATS is a great forum, if you don't agree with someone, debate them; but don't insult an entire group of people.

[edit on 12/21/2008 by dalan.]

link   
DudeontheTube/AlmostImpossible

One and the same couldn't Be mOar obvious ... sheesh.

While "your" concerns, questions and board-stated interests would seem valid and worthy Response ... the seeming and rather apparent "Socks" don't appear to be helping DudeontheTube get their AlmostImpossible "points" across.

Just saying...

link   
reply to post by gallifreyan medic

I'm sorry...I don't seem to recognize how your post is cogent to the whom you are replying to, much less the topic. Can you help out with that?

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AlmostPossible

Frankly, you should be paid for your post, as I believe you sincerely believe what you had to say and in light of the fact that most of these ATS Members are city dwellers and suburbanites who are trapped and can't do much about anything, they need reassurance like yours.

Meanwhile, most of us who still hang around ATS for our own reasons but, have given up sharing first hand knowledge, we are sure that that you do not know what you are talking about..not maybe, not sort of, we know based upon first hand knowledge and personal evaluation of the facts, that 1)9-11 was not the work of a bunch of Islamic Terrorist but was a Controlled Demolition and planned "False Flag" operation, 2) That E.Ts are here and have been here all along, 3) That as John Connally said and JFK implied before their deaths, that there is a Secret Government inside our Government and the list goes on.

Nevertheless, I hope you are not spitting in the wind and that we are all conspiracy nuts. It doesn't really matter because what are known facts and public knowledge is bad enough. There does not need to be any Anglo-British-Zionist Conspiracy for people to know what they are seeing with their own eyes as our country and economy have been systematically destroyed by the people we have elected and made wealthy; we don't need alien races to tell us that religions are all man made farces created as tools of conquest and control; we don't need some psychic to tell us that the Bush Clinton and other families have been involved in the drug and arms trade..I don't need to make a list of what are now known facts that any jury would convict on.

Question is, if you are not feeding at the public trough, what are you personally going to do when you have no job or enough money to pay your mortgage; what are you going to do when they tell you it is time to turned in your National ID Card and be chipped, along with your family and family dog. What are you going to do when people are rioting in your city because they are hungry and homeless or don't like being treated like cattle. What are you going to do bub? No, I am not really asking because I know what self serving people always do, they fall into line in order to survive.

So go ahead and sing to this group; most can't do much about much anyway and for my part, we would just as soon you stand right where you are.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Before this gets quickly written off...

Jim Marrs - Above Top Secret versus User Site Contributions

Product Description:

Jim Marrs can justifiably be considered the world's leading conspiracy author, with multimillion bestsellers like Alien Agenda, Rule by Secrecy, and the book that Oliver Stone used as a basis for his JFK movie, Crossfire: The Plot That Killed Kennedy. Now Marrs has allied with the web's most popular conspiracy forum to investigate everything from chemtrails to the Nazis' Antarctic base, moon landing hoaxes to UFOs, God as an alien to the end of the world in 2012.

AboveTopSecret.com is the Internet's largest and most popular discussion board community, with more than twelve million page views per month. It is dedicated to the intelligent exchange of ideas and debate on a wide range of "alternative topics" such as conspiracies, UFOs, paranormal, secret societies, political scandals, new world order, terrorism, and dozens of related topics. AboveTopSecret's popular podcast is downloaded tens of millions of times per month and will become a nationally syndicated radio show prior to the publication date of the book.

Marrs brings his rigorous journalist's credentials to bear on these topics and more, asking (and often answering) the essential who, what, where, why, and how questions in compelling, page-turning fashion.

A native of Fort Worth, Texas, Jim Marrs has worked for several Texas newspapers, including the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. After a leave of absence to serve with Fourth Army intelligence during the Vietnam War, he became a military and aerospace writer for the newspaper and an investigative reporter. Since 1980, Marrs has been a freelance writer, author, and frequent invited public speaker.

Above Top Secret Terms -

3) Content Copyright: By posting on this message board, you relinquish all exclusive copyright privileges to the material you post and you grant The Owners non-exclusive rights to publish your posts in perpetuity in all forms.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DudeontheTube

I'm only defending it because it makes a significant point - this website gets paid for ignorance.

I would rather think the world was ending tomorrow than to stoop to your ways of perceptions and analogies of what we are here at the forums.
If you find us so ignorant, why then would we be defending our rights to litigate such topics and discussions so adamantly?
Why are such persons as yourself "OK" with your ways of thinking and find it either "Ignorant" or "unacceptable" for others ways of thinking?
When you had made the "Clone" statement, you were asking for a reply, don't you think we have seen your types before? Well, if you do, "Ignorance" and possibly some "Narcissism" is where you like to be.

I will also take it you have no "Insider" of information and also go by the medias that lay before us, with little else to go by, we empower each others inquiries with either the "Debunking" of some topics , and "Enlightening" those who have some facts a bit out of order. It has happened to me here on ATS, and I am sure I will continue learning from all of the topics of discussions as long as I remain "Neutral" with my acknowledgement of not "Knowing" it all, err go "Denying Ignorance" and learning from self acknowledged faults of the way some thing's can be perceived by different individuals. And usually with tangible evidences to teach me the proper way of the particular perception that I had had prior to a correction of my process.

Join some other forum with no conclusive endeavours other than to "Get it off your chest" scenario accusations and leave the "Big Thinkers" at peace.

I don't claim to know it all, but I do know that ATS is anything but a money pit too me, it is where I can talk to people with similar interests and thoughts and allow me to converse with no holding back with such matters as UFOs, Aliens, Conspiracy's and political events. It costs me nothing to be here and enjoy myself, just as it was provided too you, and yet you ridicule with the tongue of a politician stuck in his own world of perceptions.

So, Like or dislike, you joined of free will and now you have to make the choice of "Should I stay or should I go" thoughts from this point on.

Do some real research, pick a topic and find out what the ATSer's are all about, don't just down grade and insult, there is a purpose of these forums, and that is to be allowed to "Deny Ignorance" , threads are all welcomed, with some criteria acceptances, create your own thread of a topic of choice and "Meet" the people before you bash them.....

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Originally posted by intrepid
No, they are different IP's. That doesn't mean the don't know each other though.
[/quote

My reply was to this reply.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Above Top Secret Terms -

3) Content Copyright: By posting on this message board, you relinquish all exclusive copyright privileges to the material you post and you grant The Owners non-exclusive rights to publish your posts in perpetuity in all forms.

Do you understand what that means?

Pt.2, what's your point?

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlmostPossible

In fact, I would bet that 96% of all conspiracy theories which tread mud on ATS come from uninformed, non-college educated, non-scientific, young children whom are attempting to explain their personal outrage towards the state of affairs around the globe.

I am currently working on my masters degree. What is your education level if I may ask? You would be surprised at the level of education of the members and staff here at ATS. If you think we are all uneducated i would suggest that you read some of the material on here by Byrd then come tell us that we're all uneducated children. Byrd is just one example, there are many intelligent and highly educated people here on ATS. This is all that I will feed you troll so take it for what it's worth.

[edit on 12/21/2008 by ShAuNmAn-X]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Users posting are contributing to the contents of a book in which they receive no entitlement to through the use of relinquishing your rights in the Terms of Service.

In other words, corporate scheme.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Users posting are contributing to the contents of a book in which they receive no entitlement to through the use of relinquishing your rights in the Terms of Service.

Wrong. It means that both the member and ATS has rights to the material. If a member wished to use something they posted here off site, they would be able to as well. That's the difference between "exclusive" and "non-exclusive" rights. Nothing is taken from the member.

Edit: Again, your point?

[edit on 21-12-2008 by intrepid]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

That far from dissolves the point - contributing to AboveTopSecret is the same as contributing to this book and not getting paid for it.

This website gets paid for ignorance in believing falsified conspiracy theories.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

If that were the case, I would be fine with it.

I wouldn't want the "entitlement," my goal coming here was never to make money, which to date I haven't.

I only come here to share ideas, because in today's political climate that is all that matters.

And, anyway, unless you're Stephen King, books don't tend to make a lot of money.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.
I wouldn't want the "entitlement," my goal coming here was never to make money, which to date I haven't.

And, anyway, unless you're Stephen King, books don't tend to make a lot of money.

Books make more money than you are assuming.

Would you want a business' entitlement to your ideas your reason for coming here?

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

This website gets paid for ignorance in believing falsified conspiracy theories.

Which conspiracy theory would you be talking about? Why don't you try posting threads to debunk conspiracy theories? We could all learn something??

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   

That far from dissolves the point - contributing to AboveTopSecret is the same as contributing to this book and not getting paid for it.

This book is relatively new, ATS has been around for years. I still don't see the point. They get to contribute this "crap", as you put it, free of charge.

What's false? By who's standards?

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.

Books make more money than you are assuming.

Would you want a business' entitlement to your ideas your reason for coming here?

Technically, my ideas are not my own, it is simply me taking a look at history and going, "Oh, look at that a conspiracy....what do ya' know..."

link   
And you are then contributing freely, as am I. What is your point then? Waht do you want ? What have you proven? What will satisfy you? Or, what from this forum do you want and what do you want the forum to say to you? Seriously....

[edit on 12/21/08 by scooterstrats]

link   

Originally posted by intrepid
This book is relatively new, ATS has been around for years. I still don't see the point. They get to contribute this "crap", as you put it, free of charge.

What's false? By who's standards?

We are supposed to be happy that we don't have to contribute money on top of contributing our ideas which in turn make ATS money? Right..

False by the standards of a court of law.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DudeontheTube

Your defence of your argument is really wavering, like I had said earlier, "ATS is a place for persons like me to join in on some real mind stimulating conversations."

As for the money thing, "Jim Marrs rocks!!" he is his own advocate, and don't you find it "Ironic" as you would say, that he has chosen ATS to be his advocate of "Denying Ignorance" as a representative for his works?

"Makes me darn proud!!" (I'm a going to cry!!!)

So, don't you see, your argument is totally one sided, for lack of a better word, and articulated as an insult to our intelligence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join