It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS' Motto, Deny Ignorance,

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
And then there's that Illinois governor, who was, according to MSM, conspiring to make a little profit 'cause "these things ain't bleeping free."

So it's only a conspiracy when the MsM says it is? Sorry buddy boy, the MsM people put their pants on one leg at a time, just like the rest of us.

But I do understand where you're coming from with this line of (?)reasoning; obviously you have a hard time thinking for yourself, so you need somebody like Chomsky to do it for you, so all the effort you need to make is piping up from the peanut gallery with a "That's right" now and then. Such an attitude must keep the old brain cells from wearing out to fast.

Sure, there's dumb threads and ideas. Hell, look at me now, I just got suckered into replying to one.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allred5923
You are being redundant and very opinionated with your own ways of thinking.
To "Deny Ignorance" and explore the other possibilities is just that "Denying Ignorance", and for the most part, the topics of discussions in these forums are open to new submissions of ideas and possibilities, once again "Denying Ignorance".

When one seeks the answers to unanswerable questions, they are more often unknowingly drawn into an additional pack of lies which has provided to them the so very sought after explanation. Since the question was unanswerable to begin with, they willfully secure their minds with the latter in order to feel more comfortable/knowledgeable instead of admitting to themselves that a question may indeed be unanswerable by our current understanding.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AlmostPossible

That does not change the situation at all. Since your post is NOT one that points to a factual news article, my argument holds, and you know it.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

ATS members don't like to be played the fool. Congrats, I think you qualify for the 2008 Darwin awards

Thanks Intrepid, for speaking up. I always suspect posts that only have a few points and a current date of registry. It looks like this is another one of those.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AlmostPossible

Change your screen name to "Blow-Hard"!!! 'Cause you truly blow!!

When one seeks the answers to unanswerable questions, they are more often unknowingly drawn into an additional pack of lies which has provided to them the so very sought after explanation.

I will have to take it that you are a reader, of sorts? And why, pray-tell, do you read the books of your choice? Insight, Appropriations to personal thoughts? Or, could it be, "You are possibly seeking truths through the medias of books and news reports of the like?
With out the adventure of the search, there is no true knowledge in the thought, and by the way, that's why I am here on these forums. I don't take anything for face value, but when there are particular topics of discussion, I tend to lean towards the best research I have at my beck and call, "WWW." Baby!!! If it is outlandish and rather "Flighty" for explanation, I don't ignore it, I just wait to see what becomes of it. You would be truly amazed at some of the "Minds" we have here, and "Yes" they are very learned peoples with lives as well, go figure.
SO , take the above statement, put it in your C***K Pipe and smoke it!
"We are only endeavouring on the fringes of science and our realities as a whole."

Since the question was unanswerable to begin with, they willfully secure their minds with the latter in order to feel more comfortable/knowledgeable instead of admitting to themselves that a question may indeed be unanswerable by our current understanding.

You are truly a "Double talker" , you , with your very first post did exactly what we are doing here, "Denying Ignorance" to the utmost of our abilities at current, "question may indeed be unanswerable by our current understanding."
Just keep your opinions to yourself, get check by the Dr. for that "Foot-in-mouth Disease" and get on with your trolling that I know you will be very good at. You don't have the "Moxy" for some of the guy's and gals here at the ATS forums.

Move on and question your own researches with out offending the others that have been here for some time!!

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

You may need to wait, it will take some time for the esteemed poster to read up on how Chomsky handles being proved wrong.

The fact is, many of us check facts a lot closer than MSM, or most any other group. Because there are so many eyes on the posts, there are a lot of people with varied backgrounds looking very closely at things, and then poking holes when needed. With so many fact checkers, it doesn't take long for someone with more than 4 brain cells to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Like the Barksdale Incident, when we are right, and show it, then even the MSM picks up on it. And they must be reading it here to have jumped on it like they did, using the same proof one of our fellow members used.

When you think about it, if just one percent of the dirt we dig up proves to have a basis, then ATS is a very good public servant.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Wow look at all the clones on the defensive!

I can't imagine what it must be like to only be able to see one side of the argument! Truly helpful to bolster your cases, seeing as how the sheep flock together.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DudeontheTube

"Up Yours!!, I am an independent contractor of my own thoughts, seems as if you had a say in something, then you muddled it with some appeasing jargon that left you feel good." Too Bad!!

As far as I can tell, "It didn't work for you."
Not here anyways.....

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

Well you independently contracted with the right crowd then didn't you?

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DudeontheTube

I can't imagine what it must be like to only be able to see one side of the argument! Truly helpful to bolster your cases, seeing as how the sheep flock together.

Says the guy who just registered and decided that his opinion was worth anything without proving oneself...

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I apologize for finding a great amount of irony in this thread.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Did you create this account just to come on and defend the OP?

This after one of the mods accusing the OP of having been banned and coming back just to through a hissy fit

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

You use the word "irony" as if you understand it...indeed, I found "irony" in the OP's premise...

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

You use the word "irony" as if you understand it...indeed, I found "irony" in the OP's premise...

The irony is in the great defense for the truthfulness of the posts on this website.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Why would you join a site just to bash it? is your cable out or something?

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Hey.... the troll gets one line posts?
Not a one line post.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mxyztplk

Why would you join a site just to bash it? is your cable out or something?

Actually I joined because this post is right and I've heard enough. You are all clearly willing to take ignorance to the grave.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DudeontheTube
reply to post by Allred5923

Well you independently contracted with the right crowd then didn't you?

"Damn Straight!!" And with my "OWN" analogies of every topic being discussed, even this bogus thread is getting my uninterrupted attention, because I am a individual of "Out Of The Box Thinkers" who actually takes both sides into consideration, but find it really hard to make a "Valid" point to a couple of individuals that thinks, or , with hope "Thought" they knew it all? Sound like anyone you know DUDE
? Interesting name , back in the day it was used as other topics of recognition,Dude is recorded as early as 1877 in the words of those who were not impressed. Which is exactly where I am at with my way of thinking of this communication thus far!!

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Well then, it's ironic that you have to defend your own posts "on this website". As any post here is bogus... according to you..... wow, so much irony I need boots to wade here...

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlmostPossible
I would like to inform you that nothing on this website is factual. The only facts that are contained on this website are the threads which link to news sources.

Yes, because we ALL know that news sources are completely factual and truthful.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join