It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS' Motto, Deny Ignorance,

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DirtMcGurt
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

It needs no further explanation. The content contributed to this website has been directly transformed into a publication through use of your copyright cover-all in the terms of service.

You know as well as I do that is what happened, the best thing to do at this point is make future users and present users more aware of your activities.

You don't like it? Don't post!

Problem solved.

That way, he doesn't "STEAL" your "posts" about "conspiracies" you "righteous" "noble" "poster"

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Seriously, i would not mind if the owners and staff get a big patch of land with a castle made of gold with diamond doorhandles, a platinum bathroom and taps that run Champagne 24/7 while flying to and from their private ATS island from the money made of this site, could not care less. I voluntarily started posting here knowing the contents are non-exclusive, otherwise i would have registered a site to spoute my toughts.

ATS was always upfront about their T&C, not to difficult (unlike multinationals can be, like banks) to comprehend and just to be fair about it, i post here in the hope it gets some attention when i want to share something (same on other sites) so if some users content happens to appear in a pubished book, great!

So, no harm and no foul

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

You know as well as I do that is what happened...

No... I have no idea as to what you believe happened because you're just tossing about vague accusations.

Please provide substance so that I can provide meaningful responses... which hopefully, will benefit all readers.

Otherwise, I'll be forced to assume you're just playing some silly disruptive game.

Amazing that you still won't man up to it. Actually I didn't expect you to because after all that would mean you admit users on this site were exploited for your personal financial gains.

The sad part is, users here can draw their own conclusions on the matter - which is so obvious that your making yourself look silly by not responding in the appropriate manner.

Vague accusations? Um.. the book is named "Above Top Secret" based on a FORUM.

I think your just tossing the idea back so that it doesn't effect the opinion and further contributions of those whom might be concerned as to how you may be using it for your own personal gain.

After all, why would you want a conspiracy theory debunked? That would ruin all of your visitors now wouldn't it. That was the point made originally, you gain financially from ignorance. Defeating ignorance would mean lack of revenue for your site, which is clearly the reason behind it all.

That is why it is ironic that "Deny Ignorance" is the motto here.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
What a load of tripe...

Must be holiday time with kids out of school and nothing better to do.

I smell the work of bored 4chan or "anonymous" script kiddies here.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Amazing that you still won't man up to it.

"Man" up to what?

You still have no described how you believe we're taking unfair advantage of our contributors.

You're dodging and obfuscating. And if you continue to do so, as I said, I'll be forced to conclude that you're only intent is to cause disruption and cast vague/untruthful aspersions... which will result in the termination of your account privileges on ATS.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

You still have no described how you believe we're taking unfair advantage of our contributors.

Let's make this simple for you.

Tom posts a theory on ATS.
Jack posts his opinion on the theory on ATS.
Jim Marrs summarizes both Tom and Jack's opinion in a Book.
Tom and Jack do not benefit financially, nor do they even know this has happened.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
It's very difficult to show any form of patience with someone who posts from multiple names. Using a proxy might "hide" you from a techie perspective, but not from someone with common sense.

Why don't you simply say who you are and what ATS has done to upset you, that way we can actually get somewhere. Your arguments until now are poorly put together and actually quite boring. The entire membership (forget about the staff) has seen through your Oscar winning "outrage".

Speak up honestly. Shouldn't someone who feels as strongly about something be willing to do so?

Why don't we start with you telling us your original name on here and then we can get to what's bugging you. The circular logic games and constant ignoring of proper answers is boring.

Very poor form.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Let's make this simple for you.

Tom posts a theory on ATS.
Jack posts his opinion on the theory on ATS.
Tom and Jack do not benefit financially, nor do they even know this has happened.

Tom and Jack should have known this was a possibility.
If Tom and Jack did not want this to happen with their content they should have made their own site so that they could hold exclusive rights on the said content.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Edit-- After going over this again.. I think its best that I just step back a bit here, and take my energy elsewhere.
SO and the others have said everything I could say, and said it better than I could..

So with that.. Have a great holiday! And New year!
You and all your accounts.

[edit on 22-12-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtMcGurt

Just to make it clear, nothing that you post on a public internet web site is private or personal information.

If you post it on the internet and it is not copywritten and expressly protected, it no longer belongs to you. And I believe the T&C when signing up here indicates this clearly and succinctly.

On the one and only occassion that something that I submitted to ATS was used in an outside manner I can attest that I was in fact contacted by the site administration and politely asked if I would have a problem with my work being used in a news letter.

My response was that I would be honored as such and had no problem with it what so ever. Simple. And they didn't even have to give the courtessy of contacting me at all.

I can't speak for everyone on ATS, but personally it is acknowledgement and payment enough just to be revered and respected by my peers for anything I have written. If this site and the ownership can in some way financially benefit from this work then it only benefits all of us, because ultimately it allows the site to remain free and gives a all a forum in which to contribute.

What we write is read by literally millions of people as a result of ATS and it's ownership. Guess how many would have read it without the benefit of this forum. Here is a hint, it wouldn't be millions, probably not even hundreds.

Everything isn't about money mate, and I feel bad for anyone who places the allmighty $ above all else.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Clearly you're contributing to the "ignorance factor" by passing judgement on a book you have not yet read. At best, 1% of all the content in the book is actually posts from ATS. A few posts have been used as starting points, but for the most part, the book is original content by Jim Marrs where material from ATS has been used as the inspiration and/or starting point.

This is not unlike nearly every other non-fiction book written... existing knowledge and/or material is used as a starting point. However, in our case, all "starting point" material is from ATS.

You seem to enjoy jumping to errant conclusions.

First, any content author who anticipates some day deriving financial income from their best work is best advised to not post that work in an open online forum. The existing legal framework in most countries automatically apply non-exclusive rights to the forum owner in these cases. We're different in that we've made certain to clearly spell it out in our terms and conditions.

Second, in the entire history of online collaborative environments, "financial gain" of the users has never been a consideration. "Intellectual gain" through shared questions and mutual problem solving has always been, and will likely always be, the goal of participating in sites like ATS. With that core ethic in mind, our effort with the book is just as collaborative in that we've invested in a highly-regarded author and directed him to expand upon the intellectual material of ATS.

I'm still uncertain as to how you believe this unfair, involves manipulation, and how we have gained undue advantage

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
By the way, what is unclear about this picture?

www.theabovenetwork.com...

Notice the bubble on the top right? Well?

To bad they don't do games, it would be nice to see a RPG based on the ATS membership. I would buy it just to see if i will be walking around somewhere.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Boy thank god we banned him! He totally had a different opinion than us!

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FredDurst

Boy, thank god he was able to register another username and use another proxy and still thinks no one knows it's him.

Yawn.

Still refusing to say who you are and what your problem is I see.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

You caught me. This is Bill O'Reilly and your all a bunch of pathetic liberals!

Nah just kidding...

I'm a genuinely concerned individual whom is an everyday contributor amongst you all. Upon reading this thread I realized that this is just another corporate means to step on people all the way to the top. Ban me all you want, you still haven't banned my real IP address. I have over 40000 ATS points on that account so if you find it you may find more pleasure in banning that one.

Like I said, your website benefits from Ignorance. The less we know, the more we want to seek for the answer, and thus the more this website is visited.

Deny ATS.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Ban me all you want, you still haven't banned my real IP address. I have over 40000 ATS points on that account so if you find it you may find more pleasure in banning that one.

Actually I'm not terribly interested in banning you or your real account.

It's more about how you present yourself.

If you personally believe that the issues you are bringing up are important, bring them up the right way, without proxies and dozens of usernames.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

Boy, that would be great. Unfortunately I don't live in a dream world where my opinion doesn't get stomped out by moderators.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AlmostPossible

Originally posted by DudeontheTube
Everyone who contributes to this web site because they are seeking the downfall of evil corporations who manipulate you into money, and have secret ulterior motives aside from the obvious, should really feel betrayed.

tisk tisk... my contributions, after reading 13 pages

First of all, I starred the OP because I just wanted to thank him for getting all the moderators, administrators, and site owner's opinions out there, I like hearing what they have to say

second..

Originally posted by CA_Orot

But, this IS a website dedicated to stimulating discussion among the members. And with all this brainstorming...SOME Truth, is likely to be found.

Thank you CA_Orot, best response...seriously to the OP, what is wrong with Opinions? have you seen the debate forum? You can get what you want out of this sight, and it doesn't have to even be infor/disinfo - it can be an experience...Oh wait... I am just now noticing the different users
I am so glad, they are "long-time readers" and just now registering "all at the same time" how convenient....

anyway, I think the ATSrs know the agenda behind the OP, and there is one...and THAT is NOT a Conspiracy...great thread, had me rolling on some parts

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I just had to stop back and see if this train wreck was still going on or if it had finally just ended up in a crumpled mass at the bottom of the cliff.

What is great is that all who have taken part, like site administrators, and humble though outstandingly brilliant posters such as myself (:lol
, have done nothing but speak clearly and politely and with extreme patience to try and lead the OP into the light.

I'm beginning to see a pattern emerge where the OP will continue to press and badger, just waiting until they are finally banished. Then they will jump right back online with another new persona and proclaim that ATS kicked them off for telling the truth.

I see you !!

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
You realize that the mods are members first right? They defended ATS the same way the majority of the other members posting in this thread defended ATS. Because they believe they are right.

The same way you believe you are right.

The only disciplinary actions taken in this thread have been against your multiple names.

I don't think there is any reason not to be up front here.

Who are you and what's bothering you? The rest should be easy.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join