It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS' Motto, Deny Ignorance,

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlmostPossible
For example those whom believe 9/11 is an inside job - I would invite you to read Noam Chomsky's 9/11. The book itself only costs $10 and is nothing but Q and A with arguably the most intelligent man in international affairs. I believe a lot of you whom are at unrest with 9/11 today would find a lot of knowledge and guidance from this book, as well as other Chomsky literature.
[edit on 21-12-2008 by AlmostPossible]

I got a couple more ideas for you:

If you can find and interview the minister of the interior for Nazi Germany, I am certain he would tell you that Hitler had nothing to do with The Reichstag and provide you with proof.

If you could interview one of Nero's associates I'd bet that he too would provide you with a wealth of evidence that it was the Christians that burned Rome.

FDR's entire cabinet could provide you with "credible" information that Pearl Harbor was in no way known about, although nearly every scholar and historian on the planet today would disagree.

Tomkin bay, The war of 1812, The bay of pigs (Northwoods document), the list is basically endless throughout history.

It would seem that anytime a government wants to go to war with someone weird and unexplained things happen that defy reason and when anyone questions this, they are ignorant.

But what am I thinking, of course this is different, because a government official said so. I must be ignorant, I apologize.

I am sure you know we are all ignorant and in 15 years when the truth finally comes out when those involved are dead and gone (it always happens) I would love to be sitting next to you when you finally realize that your fantasy land is non-existent.

By the way perhaps you could do us all a favor and explain this government document to us.

www.prisonplanet.com...

I should have posted that from a different source as I am sure just by the fact it comes from Alex Jones site that you would question it's authenticity.

Here's a link to the document from George Washington University, perhaps that would be more credible for you.

www.gwu.edu...

But of course our government would never involve themselves in such activities, surely this must be a hoax of some sort.

I would tend to have a sightly different opinion of whom I considered to be ignorant.

[edit on 12/22/2008 by DarrylGalasso]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I for one am happy there are sites like ATS. I do though take it all with a grain of salt, and as you said do my own footwork to see if the facts support the statement.

Maybe you have had some issues with balancing fact from fiction and need to strike out at the rest of us for wanting to know whats going on. You will never see most of these items on mainstream TV so my question to you would be is it ok then to just take what your fed and eat it ?

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Hello Everyone,

I would like to inform you that nothing on this website is factual. The only facts that are contained on this website are the threads which link to news sources.

The phrase "Deny Ignorance" is ironic because ATS actually feeds off of ignorance. The more you 'believe' in these unfounded theories, the more ATS gains monetarily. They would gladly contribute to your ignorance fully knowing that it can be transformed directly into cash.

For example those whom believe 9/11 is an inside job - I would invite you to read Noam Chomsky's 9/11. The book itself only costs $10 and is nothing but Q and A with arguably the most intelligent man in international affairs. I believe a lot of you whom are at unrest with 9/11 today would find a lot of knowledge and guidance from this book, as well as other Chomsky literature.

Could you say something about connivance and the role of American secret service?

"I don't quite understand the question. This attack was surely an enormous shock and surprise to the intelligence services of the West, including those of the United States. The CIA did have a role, a major one in fact, but that was in the 1980s, when it joined Pakistani intelligence and others (Saudi Arabis, Britain, etc.) in recruiting, training, and arranging the most extreme Islamic fundamentalists it could find to fight a "Holy War" against the Russian invaders of Afghanistan."

Source: Noam Chomsky - 9/11 Page 18

I would like to invite you to take a deep breathe at this point. Realize that reality is in fact reality and you do not live in a snow globe. The next time a conspiracy theory arises, go to the library, open an encyclopedia, talk to analysts/scientists/historians/researchers, do an independent investigation, compare assumptions versus science, fact vs. theory, common sense versus no sense, what you have observed versus what somebody has told you that you have observed, and most importantly go outside and see the world for yourself through two pupils and not through a computer screen.

[edit on 21-12-2008 by AlmostPossible]

Well, sure, of course....

I see you're not like the others.....

Thank the christian god you set us straight.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

reply to post by zysin5

You must believe yourself that the people in our government are less than mentally competent. Your video simply further supports the fact that the people running the country are human beings, in that they make mistakes.

The difference is when you make a mistake nobody cares. When they make a mistake it costs 100,000 lives.

It is conspiracy theorists connecting the dots for you unfortunately.

Let's give you the benefit of the doubt and say that Bush wanted a war with Iraq, and used 9/11 to execute this war with Iraq through deceitful measures including those of the WMD speeches.

That does not prove an inside job

Neither does the fact that there was bombs in the buildings! Do you think the government would ever admit that we were so unsuspecting and unprepared that an organization had the time to plant bombs in one of our most highly respected buildings?

My point is simply this: Don't let others draw these conclusions for you. It is just as deceitful as the opposing force.

They continuously make the same mistakes though. So it's on them... And don't act like you Know they are making mistakes. How can you prove that these " mistakes" aren't planned ???

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I would agree with the OP in that its ironic that the motto here is "deny ignorance."

I wish I had a penny for every WW3 prediction that didn't come true, every wack religion vs. the world thread, every UFO that is actually *insert here*, every "channeling" that doesn't happen, every phony prediction, all the web bot predictions, every dooms day thread, and the list goes on..

and you all perpetuate yourselves. You bicker amongst yourselves. One person posts some footage, one person says CGI, someone comes back and poops on the person who says CGI, someone says I could have done that in my closet, etc etc then it is just an all out troll fest from there.

Not to mention all the "I hate my government but the only thing I do about it is complain on ATS" post/thread

I was attracted to this place at first but that quickly wore off and now it is harder and harder to find any reason to post here.

ATS makes me

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I think the worst part of this is that the OP is right.

The way Jim Marrs manipulated all of us into writing his book for him is just disgusting.

I am outraged!

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Sounds like a bunch of cry baby whining by some member/banned member of the site who is butt hurt because :

A.) His work was included in Jim Marrs book and did not acknowledge proper credit

OR

B.) His work was NOT used in Jim Marrs book and he is offended/emotionally impacted

Twelve pages for this weak troll job ....Merry Christmas

Edit:spelling

[edit on 12/22/08 by BlackOps719]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Sounds like someone would rather face the brick wall rather then turn around and face reality.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Yes the government would never lie or do anything in secret. I think the best weapon for them is conspiracy. Make it so bizarre no one would ever believe it if the truth ever got out. You sir are either extremely gullible or working for them. I think it's the latter.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DirtMcGurt
reply to post by BlackOps719

Sounds like someone would rather face the brick wall rather then turn around and face reality.

Just wondering if we should call the authorities on your behalf and notify them of the scary person who is presently holding a gun to your head and forcing you to post or read here on ATS.

Wouldn't want you to be held here against your will when there are so many other great websites that you could be presently gracing with your presence

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Well, of course I'm prejudiced, but I think we do a pretty good job here of providing a platform for discussion. The role of the staff is to keep the discussions on topic and without flaming. Are we prfect? Nope. it's a busy site and a lot of stuff slips by.

We have never, and I'm quite sure will never, have any type of litmus test someone has to pass before they can post here. There are varying degrees of expertise for virtually any topic, from complete novice to expert. Other than Anonymous posts, nothing gets "pre approved". The ignorance denial comes from the membership at large.

It's a work in progress with a constant flow of new members, some of which need to be brought up to speed. And I think our membership does a great job of helping out the newer members, by pointing them in the right direction in how the site works, information that may already exist, and being welcoming.

Yes. people disagree. Our goal is to as best as possible, make the disagreements remain impersonal and civil.

If there's any site out there that has the volume of material and participation this one does, with the same type of content, and can keep things as civil as we do with an all-volunteer staff, please let me know where. I'd like to see it.

And if anyone thinks they can do better than we do, hey, start your own site. I'd like to see that, too.

We're not for everyone and don't try to be. If this isn't the place for you, then I wish you the best wherever you choose to go. And if you decide to stay, we're always open to hearing how we can improve. I don't think anyone can possibly honestly deny that.

It's member driven content. The discussions revolve around what the membership chooses to discuss (within the boundaries of the T&C). The people who enjoy their time here, and derive the most benefit, are the ones that participate in a civil way in the topics they have an interest and avoid the others.

There are a lot of great and knowledgeable people here. You'll get out of it what you put into it. And if you don't, maybe it isn't a good fit. I hope that isn't a revelation.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
ATS members don't like to be played the fool. Congrats, I think you qualify for the 2008 Darwin awards.

That's so true. We don't like to be manipulated unknowingly into working for free underneath a corporate scheme.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I think the worst part of this is that the OP is right.

The way Jim Marrs manipulated all of us into writing his book for him is just disgusting.

I am outraged!

You didn't have anything to do with it, sir. You just joined today. Oh, wait, you're the OP. Nevermind.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'eviant

Definitely not the OP. Next?

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Definitely not the OP. Next?

Address the other point, that you had nothing to do with Jim Maars' book. Tool. Next?

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Excuse me Ms./Mr. 800points - YOU had nothing to do with Jim Marrs Book.

I am a long term member of many years, but I refuse to post under my true identity after seeing the discrimination towards this man by the moderators.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Well Id like to conclude this post for the OP. Belief .... is a very personnal thing. ATS lets people believe what they want. Even you OP which I believe just made a thread to get a background color in his/her signature.

But If I was to bet on someone having a clearer picture on the news or events in a global playing field.... I'd say ATS is on the mark. Effectively denying ignorance and letting debate take over.

And im sure that you dont need to be a PHD or whatever to understand and contribute in anything........

r.i.p poster .... in peace....

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by KpxMarMoTT
But If I was to bet on someone having a clearer picture on the news or events in a global playing field.... I'd say ATS is on the mark.

Riiiiight. So when is the new WW3 release date?

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Damn, I didn't think I'd ever get to the end of this thread but I didn't want to miss if the OP had a point to make. All I got was the same thing repeated over and over; financial gain, nobody does research, we are being manipulated....

My point is just that, I did read through the whole thread before weighing in. I have read each post to view all the different input and opinion that was offered and then begin to form my own opinion. That's how this site works.

I truly wish that anyone who believes that this site is just a bunch of blow hards spewing unfounded facts should take the time to just read down through the recent posts column. You will see a ton of threads listed. They will present everything from radical ideas put out there for discussion, personal opinions on subjects that mean something to the OP, follow ups and elaborations on previous threads, and breaking news that is not immediately available or that has been obviously manipulated to garner closer attention.

You will also see that many of the threads that are just too out there will either be promptly debunked or just allowed to die a natural death. Someone may post a video proclaiming that they finally have evidence that UFO's exist only to have proof provided that it's just a bunch of birds. By proof I mean that a member will take the time to post pictures or videos that look just like their "find" showing that what they were seeing was in fact birds. But you will also see that many, if not most, of those replies are perfectly polite and encouraging the OP to keep up the good work, maybe next time.

The whole idea of denying ignorance is to not prejudge something just because you either don't agree with what is being posted or you don't understand what the OP is trying to get across. That's why we debate. Some of those debates can be very enlightening and a few can get downright nasty. That's what the MODs are for. If a poster is being abusive, they are warned that they are outside the T&C of the site. Flaming is not allowed nor appreciated. It just becomes a roadblock to those who want to intelligently discuss a topic.

If you don't like a particular topic, move on. There is so much diversity on this site that I'm guaranteed to find something of interest. And many, many, posters provide well thought out and thoroughly researched documentation to back themselves up. In fact, it's demanded and expected that they provide proof. And not just from another conspiracy site or blurbs from a single source.

I apologize for being long winded, probably should have broken it up.

And I've now counted four posters who may very well be the same person, possibly with previous experience with ATS. I mean it took me awhile to "quote" and embed external content.

But that's just the conspiracy in me. I don't take anything at face value. I reserve the right to always question what I "see".

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Hey, Jamie83 is that you? I thought you got banned a long time ago.

[edit on 22-12-2008 by zlots331]

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join