It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware of Maitreya and Share International: One World Religion Planned

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Maitreya Buddha is basically the next Buddha.

en.wikipedia.org...

Take a squint at the wiki for the quick and the dirty.

web.singnet.com.sg...

This includes the original prophecy of the coming of Maitreya.

Any talks of Maitreya being an Antichrist are understandable from the christian point of view, as any spiritual leader not under the Christian banner is viewed as such.

Many frauds grabbed the name of Maitreya to include in their work to add a bit of historic credence to their ramblings. Most of what is being said about the character of this name does not come from the origin of it.

Most of the material being discussed concerning Maitreya comes from either willing frauds, Sin-pointing Christians, or New Age people who derive much of their knowledge from spiritual channelings(which are not globally consistent). If one accepts the premise that spiritually high beings act as guides that pass down information from mediums, you would have to accept the idea that they would globally agree on what is happening, at least for the most part, as novice mediums would have no way to determine the vibration of said spirit guide.

One medium has said in 2004 that in three years the second coming, was an Arab who had to reach perfection in politics, and he had a 99% chance of success, and if he did succeed, the world's vibration would be raised from a third/touching 4th level to a 4th/touching 5th level. Well, it's 5 years later, and this did not occur. No Arab even rose to relative prominence in the political world in that time frame.

Paul_Richard himself said that Hillary Clinton was going to be the next President, so unless there is a massive attack that wipes out the presidential succession hierarchy to secretary of state, before the inauguration, that is mistaken as well.

Sylvia Browne is also a well known medium. She says the miners are alive, they're dead. Her prophecy success rate is actually BELOW that of mere chance. I believe she's convinced of much of what she says.

Blossom Goodchild turned out to be an absolute hoax, that one I'd say was an entirely willing hoax, not a mistake.

I'm not a Buddhist, but really, to me it makes sense. If you want to know about a Buddhist figure(Maitreya) then see what they have written about him, rather than looking into the cosmological tapestries woven around the character by frauds and mediums.

Most of what I've read about Maitreya in this thread is not Buddhist in origin, though the character of Maitreya is. So, one must wonder where this information is coming from. Everyone seems to have such exacting details about this somewhat obscure spiritual character. He'll be the engineer to remove the mark of the beast, he'll be the false prophet, he'll be the world teacher and carry the next ray of consciousness.

It would make sense that if I wanted to learn about the Great Wall of China, I would talk to Chinese historians who could give me a tour, and describe the history and construction of the wall. But instead of doing that, go to Canada and look in the woods for a guy named Pablo Lupis, cause HE knows the real history of the great wall!

That's what people in this thread are doing. Instead of talking to the Chinese Historians(Buddhists) about the Great Wall(Maitreya), they are going to the woods in Canada to talk to Pablo(Mediums, Evangelicals, and Frauds)

It just kills me when another fraud or medium comes up with a story that gets posted here, and three dozen people reply with exacting details that are contradictory entirely to every original source of the information that the thread 's premise is based upon, each poster having details that contradict all the others.

Several of the people posting all this information about Maitreya don't even know that he is Buddhist in origin! Ah well. If I don't get back it's cause of the holidays. have a good one!

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
If anyone has the verses that refer to the anti-christ I would really appreciate it as I'd like to go back and re-read what it says.

“Young children, it is the last hour [evidently the end of the apostolic period], and, just as you have heard that antichrist is coming, even now there have come to be many antichrists.”—1 John 2:18.

“Who is the liar if it is not the one that denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one that denies the Father and the Son.”—1 John 2:22.

“Every inspired expression that does not confess Jesus does not originate with God. Furthermore, this is the antichrist’s inspired expression which you have heard was coming, and now it is already in the world.”—1 John 4:3.

“Many deceivers have gone forth into the world, persons not confessing Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.”—2 John 7.

PLEASE READ

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by holywar

The sculpters of the Bible purposely added the fear tactic warning about an "antichrist" because they were using the figurehead of Jesus to create their religion and this is actually against the message of Jesus, who was against all controlling religions. In their definition Jesus himself could be considered an "antichrist" which is why most religions that spawned from Christianity follow Paul and Peter's ideals over the man himself. The "antichrist" they knew would keep coming back was the "spirit" guiding people into the truth and out from under their control.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I call dibs on this quote "Anyway, I'm sure many of you reading might be thinking "'cosmic pixie needs to go back under her mushroom'"

Still reading through all the comments and info.

Thanks for bringing it here
-JR

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by holywar

I'll skip the watchtower article, however I appreciate you pointing out the anti-christ passages. I will definitely go over them this evening.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreySwordsman

Maitreya is the name he uses but he is more than merely the returned Bhuddist "messiah" . He is the "returned messiah" of ALL religions, the "world teacher" who just happens to be using the name Maitreya instead of something else. From the home page of Share International:

"Many now expect the return of their awaited Teacher, whether they call him the Christ, Messiah, the fifth Buddha, Krishna, or the Imam Mahdi. Millions now know that the Teacher who fulfills all these expectations is already living among us.

Maitreya, the World Teacher, has not come alone, but with a group of wise Teachers who have long guided humanity from behind the scenes"

And from somewhere else on their site:

"He has been expected for generations by all of the major religions. Christians know him as the Christ, and expect his imminent return. Jews await him as the Messiah; Hindus look for the coming of Krishna; Buddhists expect him as Maitreya Buddha; and Muslims anticipate the Imam Mahdi or Messiah.

"Although the names are different, many believe that they all refer to the same individual: the World Teacher, whose personal name is Maitreya (pronounced my-tray-ah).
Preferring to be known simply as the Teacher, Maitreya has not come as a religious leader, or to found a new religion, but as a teacher and guide for people of every religion and those of no religion. "

"At this time of great political, economic and social crisis Maitreya will inspire humanity to see itself as one family, and create a civilization based on sharing, economic and social justice, and global cooperation. "

"...........demonstrate man's divinity and will lead to the establishment of the New World Religion. " source

"Eventually a new world religion will be inaugurated which will be a fusion and synthesis of the approaches of East and West. The Christ will bring together not simply Christianity and Buddhism, but the concept of God transcendent, outside His creation, and also the concept of God immanent in all creation." Both approaches will come together in a new religion based on the Mysteries of Initiation and an informed knowledge of the Science of Invocation of Deity.

source

They contradict themselves alot on this issue of a new religion not beingplanned/being planned. There are articles saying he has not come to start a new religion then there are articles talking of a new religion. Essentially the idea is Maitreya is to teach the art of self-realization. Here is Creme's take on what "god " is:

what is god

I am all up for self realization and god-is-within. I have no problem with the message , the ideology or the goals to rid the world of poverty, inequality, etc. I am just having a problem trusting the organization and the messengers.

[edit on 23/12/08 by cosmicpixie]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mmariebored

hear hear

nice to read someone talking some real sense

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Besides Share International, can you list any other sources that actually believe this? If not, then what makes this any different than the Iamuniversity, Sylvia Browne, or Blossom Goodchild. Every one of these groups certainly believe the stuff they say. Unfortunately, it's contradictory to one another, so they're not talking about the same thing. Can you show me someone outside of Share International that has the same teachings about this entity?

For example, the Iamuniversity believes that you can go to sleep and as you sleep, the Ascended Masters will attune you to infinite consciousness, and you'll reach enlightenment this way. Paul Richard teaches that simply by practicing Heart Chakra Radiance, one can Ascend. Sylvia Browne teaches that there are all kinds of children born, indigo children, rainbow, crystal, and they will lead us to a new level of consciousness. Share International believes that an entity is going to come, and teach a large portion of the world, bringing about a new level of consciousness.

Edit

The general belief of the spiritual community is that the general consciousness of the world is an upward spiral, and gradually we are developing. In past lives, some reached various levels of consciousness, and the higher you have attained in the past, the easier to attain in the present. This is often done through meditation, physical practices, fasting, quests, or other spiritual means. In other words, it's not something that can be given, and though we'll all eventually get there, we have to do the work.

Daoists, Yogis, Shamans, Qigong Masters, Buddhists, including people that are or in centuries past have been considered "enlightened" seem to point a different way. The Buddha did not save the world. Jesus did not save the world. Krishna did not save the world. Mohammad did not save the world. We are still here having these discussions, and I doubt in the future one so much greater than these will come and do so vastly more than any of those past. While helping, and teaching, many of the teachings these great people have passed or supposedly have passed down has most certainly been corrupted and manipulated by the powers that be to further enslave the population. How will said future messiah prevent what all the others could not?

[edit on 23-12-2008 by TheGreySwordsman]

Edit

And I do agree with you and your final statements. It's just when these various things pop up and make such grandiose claims it bothers me.

[edit on 23-12-2008 by TheGreySwordsman]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
First off, a number of well-known Nostradamian scholars -- like John Hogue for example -- all concluded that the third antichrist was in fact Saddam Hussein. He fit the bill completely: he was a ruler in the Middle East who was backed by the Russians and he was brutal and imperialistic. He also invaded, defeated, and occupied Kuwait for a time.

Secondly, just because someone is predicted to be an antichrist does not mean that he or she cannot be conquered -- like Hitler and Saddam.

Third, try and rise above the far-left ideology and do a little independent research and analysis. Saddam Hussein used chemical weapons in an attempt to wipe out the Kurds.

Chemical Weapons = Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)

Fourth, there was also a former Iraqi Air Vice-Marshal (high ranking air force general) of Saddam Hussein. His name is Georges Sada. This general was temporarily imprisoned for refusing to execute POW's in Saddam's regime. Sada stated in print and on television that the remaining WMD's went to Damascus, Syria, just prior to the US-led invasion.

First off, John Hogue is a joke. I've heard his predictions and stuff on coast to coast. He is one of the people I turn it off when he comes on now, because he is always full of it. He is doing nothing more than applying his own biases to things. Right along with Ed Dames and tons of other so called "psychics". I gave it all an honest chance, but even I can predict the future better than this guy can.

www.hogueprophecy.com...

Here is his own stuff. It's nothing more than things people want to hear, or things that are already true. Sorry, but it's a joke.

2nd off. Saddam has never used chemical weapons with the DIRECTION of the US. The times he actually used chemical weapons, he was told to use them by US intelligence because the people in that area were joining up with Iran and rebelling against Iraq. If you know anything about the 80's, then you know we propped up and kept the war between those 2 countries going, supplying BOTH sides. The only thing we didn't want was 1 country to own both of the largest oil reserves in the world.

3rd. By simply looking at the half life time of the weapons sold, verses the date WE SOLD THEM, it was simply and easy to see before the Iraq war that Saddam didn't have anymore weapons.

4th. Saddam had no role in 9/11. But in response to 9/11, GWB emerged as the "king of terror". Taking over multiple countries in the middle east, including a 2 week war of the one you called a so called "anti-christ", compleetly and easily walking over the countries. The US has the biggest empire in the world. During this time, the US has publicly embraced torture and many other evil things. Including, the biggest loss of civil rights, and even the removal of principles such as habeus corpus which are centuries old.

I don't know that either of these people are the 3rd anti-christ. But your view of the events has to be extremely biased to even make such claims. I'm only touching the tip of the iceberg here.

They didn't actually create us. The Reticulans cannot create anything. They are not lesser gods who can create matter. If they could create matter then they would not have to abduct anyone for any reason. What they represent is a technically advanced civilization that is spiritually indifferent and self-serving.

What the aliens did is mix their DNA with the "already evolving hominids" here in order to come up with a slave race to work the mines. Research the archeological findings of Zecharia Sitchin and others on that issue.

Sorry, but I am a son of god and nobody created me. My consciousness is of the spirit of god, can neither be created nor destroyed. Any genetic changes were always there before any kind of creature could manipulate it. DNA is simply a config file linked to a dynamic library(.dll - which stands for dynamic link library), otherwise known in history as the book of life. There is no such thing as "mixing" DNA. The only possible thing to do is to change the config file variables.

The entire study of genetics is nothing more than a reverse engineering attempt, to find out what each different variable changes. This is a long topic in itself, and unless you are a programmer then it probably wouldn't make much sense. But DNA code is no different than a configuration file in a program, which links to system files called .dll files, which many programs on the same PC will call up and use. Think of the book of life as life.dll.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Aren't all religions supposed to be 'one-world' religions? I mean they all claim to be the one truth, and that all other truths are suspect because they are different. I would say htis is largely a non-issue.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldunquist
Aren't all religions supposed to be 'one-world' religions? I mean they all claim to be the one truth, and that all other truths are suspect because they are different. I would say htis is largely a non-issue.

No, the thing about one-world religions is that they accept 1 image, rather than 1 truth. Truth isn't in the messangers themselves(the image/idol), but rather is contained in the message they bring.

God doesn't have a religion, he has truth. The entire concept of worshipping the idol instead of the message is like giving a cat a bowl of milk, and the cat licks the outside of the bowl instead of drinking the milk.

But yes, all religions pretty much try to be the "1 world religion". But they are all false in that form.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Right, I guess my confusion is that all religions are vying to be the one world religion and always have been, yet we are now supposed to beware this Matreiya dude because he's trying to do that too?

I mean I suppose I could interpret the OP as saying that M. is going to unite the world religions, but I find that hard to believe. Some would say that there already is basically one-world religion and its followers are just quibbling over details.

Either way, something pretty damned fantastic would have to happen to get all of the people of the world to agree on what that religion is, and I would say 99% of religious people would fight it to the death anyway, just out of spite.

I could be off-base on this. This is just based on my limit observations of the world, which I will be the first to admit aren't representative of squat.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ldunquist

I don't disagree. I personally think the physical church is the church of Satan and focuses on the idol as a way of hiding the true message.

Things like this guy IMO are just things that the people who don't realize it's already happened not realize it, so they look for something else that is going to fit that role. If they can keep new people that appear to be doing that role, then people don't notice it's already been filed.

[edit on 23-12-2008 by badmedia]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Let us make one thing clear, what is religion? A set of belief systems based upon uncontrollable fairy tales and intimidation and indoctrination. You can not place that before your true religion.
The MILITARY is your true and only religion.
All else is BS.
The Military Industrial Complex is what you obey and nothing else.
If any of you was just an inkling religious or had another religion than the Military you would not be here.
Stop wasting time with any pagan/religious thought and conflict you may have because of outside religious laws and doctrines, they are null and void in the Military.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Long story short, the real truth is that the one true living God, came to us in the form of Jesus Christ. The King James Bible, alone is the inerrant word of God. This will become apparent when the Rapture happens, the anti-christ takes over and then he will be horribly defeated by God and chained for 1,000 years.....to be let loose one last time and then thrown into the lake of fire. This is the indisputable truth and one that will rise from its slumber in due time.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The ETs are not from other planets as this is their cover. They can be found in Genesis 6, called the sons of God, or fallen angels given human form and mated with Daughters of man producing Nephilm or the original Illuminati.....long long story very short.....

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgambill
The King James Bible, alone is the inerrant word of God.

The inerrant word of God?
Have you actually read the Bible?

Methinks denial is not just a river in Egypt

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Not one error exists in the King James Bible, not one. Archeology has actually confirmed many places and never disputed one. The only error are the errors pointed out by non-believers that have no clue about what the parables are, the true history of the Bible, the truth of the Bible written by all eyewitnesses, or men and women of the Bible that had direct contact with God and Angels in the Old Testament, and eyewitnesses to Jesus in the New Testament, with the last book, the Revelation written by John between AD 70-90. All those after are not based on true inspiration from God. Most are inspired by Satan and false prophets. This is why they are seldom used except for atheist or Satanist..........

Not one error.........from start to the finish written in prophetic terms and in reality more up to date than tomorrows newspaper.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tgambill

The people Jesus was always at odds with, and called them children of Satan? Those hypocrites who did not understand how to actually follow the laws they preached? Pharisee's.

What is a Pharisee?

Pharisee
1. A member of an ancient Jewish sect that emphasized strict interpretation and observance of the Mosaic law in both its oral and written form.
2. A hypocritically self-righteous person.

Who are the modern day Pharisees? Those who emphasize a strict interpretation and observance of the Bible in it's written form.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
No, its those that do as you say, but their practice is opposite. They teach it, preach it but don't live it.......The next type is the synagogue of Satan, so named by Jesus himself. The others are the Illluminati that worship Satan/Lucifer.........and are preparing for the New World Order. You can include many Christian clergy that are just as you say....leading their "flock" to doom. When one encounters these type of charasmatic or Christian leaders, one has to say....."Let's get the "flock" out of here"...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join