It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychopaths

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

True! I think it was the story of John W. Gacy that read about the abuse he suffered at the hands of his father and his child molesting grandfather. His father for instance just for the sheer fun of it, used to make his children grab onto an electric fence while he sprayed them with a garden hose, when he tired of that he made them line up and then take off running while he shot bb's into their backs...

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
In my studies I believe I learned that a psychopath’s brain patterns were different than what is considered a normal pattern. These people have the inability to feel remorse in anything. It is not that they choose not to, it is they can’t. This inability is their retardation in that area. I disagree with the OP’s conclusion that they might have more control over their lives than a normal person. They just lack this ability and it allows them to do anything without a conscience about it. They can lie or kill if it suits them without the ability to emotionally feel these actions. That is it in a nut shell, and most live a somewhat normal life though they most surely will be labeled assholes by many.

One interesting thing though that the OP slightly touched on is it seems that success has happened for many who have a tendency to be labeled with a disorder.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
In my studies I believe I learned that a psychopath’s brain patterns were different than what is considered a normal pattern.

Well, while I too have seen these reports, I don't think that entirely accounts for their behaior. Let's face it, some people react to hardship differently than others. Most "psychopaths" have been severely mistreated, particularly in their child and early adult years. To say that experience and conditioning hasn't contributed to their behavior is rather naive.

Of course, we all know that differnt people react to the same experience differenly.

Joe Coswell gets beat by his father every day when he comes home from school. After years of abuse, Joe grows up, goes to college, and has a family. He has absolutely no inclination to commit a horrible crime.

Frank Daswell also gets beat by his father every day when he comes home from school. After years of abuse, he becomes a loner full of rage. He never marries, but he makes sure he has plenty of company buried in his downstairs cellar.

Everyone is wired differently. What may not bother me in the slightest may make you irrate and vice versa.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSingularity
reply to post by The Scarecrow

Psychopaths have a LOT of freedom! They are playing on another level entirely. If you don't feel natural guilt for anything you do and you don't have any empathy for others, then you are playing by different rules. Then, it's quite easy to simply take advantage of people when they are vulnerable... sneak up on them if you will. They can play-act and be manipulative without feeling bad about it.

Of course, then there is the adrenaline pump they would get which could be intoxicating.

Then, there is the sense of control they would get over their lives, not to mention the lives of others.

Very good point. I really really like this post. Good job.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

The majority though fit the same early patterns of abnormal bedwetting, fire starting, and animal crudity no matter how good or bad their childhood has been. This has been linked to what could be a true physical defect in their brain. Sociopaths can lead a similar life, but these cases tend to be created more by their environment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join